Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

White guy on defense

For some reason I've seen a white guy running around on defense. What happened? I thought it was only Polys and blacks? Anyway Burr-Kirven seemed to be clutching at his knee. Is he injured? I know *we* are getting short on D with injuries.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    BBK has been stepping up his game, sure, he isn't elite, but he's exceeded my expectations. Beavers has stepped up as well. They are giving me hope for the future.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I specifically said no racist crap!!!
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

For some reason I've seen a white guy running around on defense. What happened? I thought it was only Polys and blacks? Anyway Burr-Kirven seemed to be clutching at his knee. Is he injured? I know *we* are getting short on D with injuries.

He was allowed to play by accident.
    ALWAYS be ready and next to your position coach. You never can predict when a helmet gets knocked off or a chinstrap breaks and you get your big chance
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    edited November 2016

BBK has been stepping up his game, sure, he isn't elite, but he's exceeded my expectations. Beavers has stepped up as well. They are giving me hope for the future.

BBK would be a mid level player on WSU's D. Beavers has looked pretty good though.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

BBK has been stepping up his game, sure, he isn't elite, but he's exceeded my expectations.

He's too small. Another 2 inches and 25 lbs, hed be a savage.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Is Tevis Bartlett hurt again? If not how far down in the doghouse must he be to not even see anytime and are sending potatoes O'Brian back in after he grabbed his leg like it was just cut off, and Bierra for some reason didn't play the 2nd half?

BBK just physically looks to me like he will be just a jag. Tevis could be the same
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    godawgst said:

Is Tevis Bartlett hurt again? If not how far down in the doghouse must he be to not even see anytime and are sending potatoes O'Brian back in after he grabbed his leg like it was just cut off, and Bierra for some reason didn't play the 2nd half?

BBK just physically looks to me like he will be just a jag. Tevis could be the same

Tevis played on Friday.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Tevis kind of slow, not particularly powerful and probably has lost confidence a bit. However @CokeGreaterThanPepsi thought he looked awesome in fall camp, so I reserve judgment.

I think he's playing out of position. I would love to see him at MIK next year, Azeem at BUCK and someone else (though I don't fully know who) at SAM where he is now.
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer
    godawgst said:

Tevis and O'Brien play different positions.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Baseman said:

BBK has been stepping up his game, sure, he isn't elite, but he's exceeded my expectations.

He's too small. Another 2 inches and 25 lbs, hed be a savage.
    Extra sessions with Socha time.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,603
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    BBK is fine. Dude is fast as hell and might be playing out of position...he should probably be playing strong safety.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

BBK is fine. Dude is fast as hell and might be playing out of position...he should probably be playing strong safety.

DisagreeNo
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,984
    Founders Club

jecornel said:

Beavers a freshman. Not sure you could expect any better. Very impressed with the kid.

Yeah, he's been a pleasant surprise. He plays fast and has great instincts and tackles well.

BBK on the other hand plays over-fast, seems like he thinks displaying his 'motor' is more important than playing under control, his instincts are shaky and he tackles high consistently.

However, I do think he cares and I think he will try to improve. The evidence is this staff makes kids better.

So, we shall see...
    Are you saying he THINKS and you CARE?