Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Which outcome is likelier to hasten Seven's exit? Upset win or 10th consecutive loss?

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    we're going to win more than seven games this year, something either 9-4 or 10-3. It's not gonna be a couple of years if ever before he gets canned. And there is no way USC goes back to the Carroll coaching tree again
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    TTJ said:

They get it. USC's self-image is such that they believe they can get who they want. Why would they start with Mr. Dreamy? They just did that with Kiffin.

Ted Tollner and Paul Hackett disagree.
    yeah, ok. let me amplify all my comments. so when I use phrases here like "no way that happens" or "they're not going to do this" or "they won't do that", I don't mean that literally. I'm in the habit of sprinkling in the word "literally" when I'm being literal. the rest is husky msg. board hyperbole.

sure, Sark could get lucky, catch a flier and get an NFL gig (responding to other posts in the thread) or charm his way back to USC. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual odds, which I can't calculate, are in the 10% range for either. as another poster pointed out, there are only so many people doing this job for a living, so it's not like looking for a lawyer or an accountant. the pool of candidates is limited.

that said, and while I can't prove it by any means, something tells me the Kiffin experience will be fresh on their minds, which, again I can't prove it, should cause someone to think hard about Sarkesian and reflect on his role at SC while Carroll was there. None of Carroll's assistant coaches have done chit as a HC. Chow flamed. Orgeron was an unmitigated disaster. Mr. Handsome just got canned.

I'm thinking someone there in the war room is going to say, "guys. the bloom is off the rose on the Pete era. the cat's outta the bag. it was Pete and a bunch of helpers. we don't want another helper, even if he is kinda cute."

Tollner and Hackett are ancient history. every program, every single one, has hired shitty coaches. I don't see that as relevant to this prediction.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    I somehow stumbled on this thread through the search engine. This is full of win. From PLSS dooging it up for Sark at 4-1. To DNC and Creep thankfully be wrong saying no way USC is that FS to hire Sark.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,617
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Great thread. Glory be to Pat Haden. It's amazing they would hire Kiffin's buddy after how bad Kiffin's run was, and how mediocre Sark was at UW. To be honest, I want Sark to flame out after 3 years. I don't want him being just good enough to stay for 8-10 years. USC needs to be good. They are in the South anyways. I think it helps the conference. Sark will be an embarrassment, just like Kiffin.

I think the rule is that the over/under is always 5. I'll take the under.

This is a great thread to bump. Smart money, hell even fairly dumb money, was on SC NOT being that stupid. It's fun to read the solid (but obvious) arguments about why they wouldn't be. Had me thinking it again..."no way..." then I got to the end and remembered that they did. It's a great feeling to relive.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I somehow stumbled on this thread through the search engine. This is full of win. From PLSS dooging it up for Sark at 4-1. To DNC and Creep thankfully be wrong saying no way USC is that FS to hire Sark.

FREE PUB!!!

Ha, I said Sark would never get hired away from UW in a ton of threads over the years. Never has crow tasted so damn good.
  • Options
    Also love how PLSS said we'd be a top 10 team in 2014 with Sark yet with Petersen you can't expect more than 7 wins.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,836
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Well, people were happy he was gone, but still thought Woodward was a numbskull until he hired Petersen. People wanted him to throw $8,000,000 at Mora Jr., first offer (wtf).

I'll admit I was lukewarm with the Peterson hire at first but after here in about his resume more, eventually I became pretty excited.
  • Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I said from the day he was hired that UW was just a training job for Sark. He would jump as soon as a better gig came along. And that if USC ever came calling he would leave us in a New York second. But then I started getting nervous when the same clowns over there began the mantra that kept Tyrone around several years too long. For some reason, many if not most husky fans fall heads over heels in man love with the biggest coaching losers out there. Maybe it's a virus and we need a vaccine or something. Anyway, yearly if not monthly we need to pool money together and buy Haden a couple of lap dances and a beer.
  • Options
    PatHadenFSPatHadenFS Member Posts: 542
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    brchco12 said:

I love you @PatHadenFS‌ (+75K?)

Meet me on Aurora and 85th. Bring a snorkel and three dozen rubbers. My safety word is "Kiffen".
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Also love how PLSS said we'd be a top 10 team in 2014 with Sark yet with Petersen you can't expect more than 7 wins.

Also love how PLSS said we'd be a top 10 team in 2014 with Sark yet with Petersen you can't expect more than 7 wins. </blockquo

Fuck you were a thread jacker then too. I thought u just started because you're the only one left here. You have to answer your own threads, and have discussions with yourself as there's nobody left on this forum (I was just passing by). Then again, Nobody has ever answered your discussions, so I guess nothing has changed. Continue jacking your own threads if it makes u feel important. I won't get in your way. Happy mothers day to you and your hubby.

• Options
    At 4-0 when Kiffin was fired I kept dreading coming on here or twitter.

I kept waiting for a "fuck Pool Boy extended Sark til 2023". Many Doogs were begging for the extension.

Fact extension never came gave me small hope that Woodward would let him walk.

Still so surreal how much better program changed in such few months.
  • Options
    With the Petersen hire I went to bed thinking we struck out and were going to settle on Nuss.

I couldn't believe it when Petersen announced yes. I remember Cano signed with M's, had a work meeting and all I could think about was how much I missed UW football.

That day I was back into UW football. Bought a Husky sweatshirt on the way home from work. I was so excited to talk Huskies for once instead of past decade where I dreaded it.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,867
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

A buddy of mine keeps reminding me that I "called it" because in October and November I kept telling him "If there was only a way that USC could come take Sark off our hands, that would be perfect. It's our only hope to avoid him being here for 30 years." Every time we talk he keeps saying "you called it!" And I keep reminding him that it was cancelled out by me telling everyone Mora was coming.

DJ (ILTCHDJ) sent me a text that I saw about 2 AM telling me it was Mora. I didn't sleep the rest of the night and was so excited I woke my wife to tell her the news. She wasn't that excited about it.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    What a cool night for insomnia