Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Apple Cup memories

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,349
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
A few years back I was watching a meaningless Apple Cup on Friday and my wife wanted to go out to eat so I said sure.gif.

That right there tells you a lot about the state of the program just a few short years ago. So we go down to a pizza joint sports bar place and order some food and the game is on TV and about this time UW starts blowing a two TD lead and the patrons in the bar are taking up the side of the underdog cuogs and start cheering for them.

My wife is looking at me because the old me would have been looking to fight or throwing things at the TV. Instead I was calmly eating and laughing at the unfolding tragedy. I knew we were going to blow it. Never a doubt.

That was the smiling Keith Price overtime loss, the last loss in the series I think.

Petersen will have the guys ready to rumble.

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

77-4 Cuog

How many scores will scoring at the speed of light constantly from the opening kickoff allow for?

...to zero.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2016
    I was gathered with my family for the last Thanksgiving we would spend together at my dads' cabin in Hood River.

My brother, who gives zero shits about football, called around the start of the fourth quarter so I was only halfway paying attention as we slowly collapsed. It all still seems like a dream in my mind.

When we finally ran out of stories to tell brother about how we had screwed up the turkey this year the game was tied. But UW was driving.

The dads wanted to go for a sunset walk so I said sure I will catch up to you at the end of the driveway as soon as fuckstick makes this FG.

I never got to see that sunset.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    2003 Apple Cup, my first at home as a student. Needed a win to keep our non-losing streak intact. Looked like complete dog shit the week before at Cal, so there wasn't a lot of optimism.

Huskies finish the comeback when Pickett finds Corey Williams and Husky Stadium was fucking insane. I don't think it sounded the same for maybe a decade, maybe not even until the Stanford game this year. Anyway, Cooper (RIP) seals the deal. Student section doogs out and we rush the field. Go to what turns out to be the best party of my four years as a student and end up banging a girl I had been wanting to bang the entire year.

Was a good night.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,559
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Crisp fall Friday when Alex Brink through a game winning touchdown to some 1 star cuog WR is a fond memory
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    topdawgnc said:

The date was November 19, 1988 ... my birthday.

I was banging a blonde girl in my living room I had wanted to bang since I first met her my freshman year. My parents were waiting for me at my grandparent's house. I told them I would be over after the game ended.

The game was on, and it wasn't until my mom asked me who won and I said Huskies that I found out the Cuogs had actually won.

Also, as a side note, the rubber I used had been in my wallet an eternity, and when I went to take it off all that was there was the ring ...

Different kind of ring sting.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

The Snow Bowel is always the first thing I think of when I think of the Apple Cup, followed closely by Fouch finishing off @owen12.

In conclusion, fuck the Apple Cup.

NTD, BB