Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gardenhire sells the couch

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Meek said:

Tequilla said:

Meek said:
    Reading too much into it ... that he is leaving shouldn't be THAT surprising ... the timing though ... very surprising
    jesus tequila...don't you remember any of the memes on these boreds?
    Short term memory
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    This obviously means Pete took him off the travel squad
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    TTJ said:

TTJ said:

Agree with everyone who has pointed out the timing is just weird. But...in hindsight it does explain some stuff.

One thing that stood out to me on Saturday night was that UW was lining up at times with as many as FOUR safeties on the field at once. And let's be honest, other than Baker none of these guys is a world-beater: Rapp (true frosh that I love but who got *exposed* vs USC); Turner (juco txfr subbing in place of McIntosh, who also got exposed vs USC); and Beaver (who just plain sucks). At one point in Q2, I recall seeing Beaver on the field, turning to my buddy, and saying: "Wow, Pete will literally play *anybody* before Gardenhire."

He could have told the coaches to fuck off or something at that point and gotten pulled. Pretty sure he was definitely playing special teams earlier, didn't he cause the fumble on the return?
    Yes, he's been all over the field on ST. But defensively, he's only gotten in on garbage time.
    I think he was on the field when the were in the 2 minute drill vs usc and gave up the touchdown.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2016
    TTJ said:

And let's be honest, other than Baker none of these guys is a world-beater: Rapp (true frosh that I love but who got *exposed* vs USC); Turner (juco txfr subbing in place of McIntosh, who also got exposed vs USC); and Beaver (who just plain sucks).

Strong safeties aren't strong safeties aren't on the field for their coverage skills.

And yeah, Beaver is terrible.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2016

AIRWOLF said:

TTJ said:

And let's be honest, other than Baker none of these guys is a world-beater: Rapp (true frosh that I love but who got *exposed* vs USC); Turner (juco txfr subbing in place of McIntosh, who also got exposed vs USC); and Beaver (who just plain sucks).

Strong safeties aren't strong safeties aren't on the field for their coverage skills.

And yeah, Beaver is terrible.

He's a senior, right? Thank Allah if he is.
    Beaver is, yes.

Hmmmmmmm, senior Beaver.
  • Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2016
    I wonder if he showed up high or something. Why would UW want to "randomly" drug test him?
  • Options
    MakaDawgMakaDawg Member Posts: 492
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

I wonder if he showed up high or something. Why would UW want to "randomly" drug test him?

The fact that everything seemed cool and then all of a sudden he decides to leave, does seem to indicate he got a third strike. Just yesterday he's tweeting deathrow, 10-1 shit. Probably been in trouble before and fucked up for the last time.

It's too fucking bad that it had to happen right now and I would have been downright giddy if it had been Wooching or Beaver instead. Scary that, AND Beaver.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

Most likely scenario:

-Gardenhire failed a drug test
    -Pete told him he was done for the year
    -Gardenhire sees the writing on the wall that
    A. Guys are coming into the program that are better than him (Rapp's emergence has already pushed him back on the depth chart) and
    B. He will be in the doghouse.

One ripple effect this may have is that DB commit Keith Taylor is supposedly really tight with Gardenhire and Nate Dogg Jr and has been retweeting their stuff today. If Taylor decided to explore his options, there could be room for a guy like Palo-Mao (which might be just fine with Coach Lake).

Sorry for the TBS talk

I doubt that it is a drug test or straight up discipline issue. Petersen says "no comment" about discussing player discipline. The only way that would make sense is if Gardenhire peed in a cup and immediately tweeted out that he was leaving before the results even came back, because he knew he'd be in the shit. Seems unlikely. And he'd have to have been leaning towards leaving already.

More likely, when Petersen said "philosophical differences" it means that Gardenhire didn't like his role, spot in the pecking order, practice reps, etc.. He must have let it be known to Lake and/or Petersen that he felt that way and they basically told him "that's too bad".

No way is this Petersen pulling the lever on the "Saban" trap door here. I mean, if it were after the season I'd think that was it, but it is four days before the biggest game of the year.
  • Options

What a vagina if he quit over playing time. Wait til the season is over.

Ummmm...TSIO. HTH
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2016
    Philosophical differences= Love, Gilchrist and Murphy are next years starters and he would be riding the pine behind them and possibly passed by true freshman.
    Did he actually improve this year? King got better, did Gardenhire
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

PM gardenhire and young Nate dog

Edgy. I think you'd relate better to these players.
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

PM gardenhire and young Nate dog

Edgy. I think you'd relate better to these players.
    I don't want to go to prison.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

Sorry but I don't buy the "didn't like his role" argument. You don't just leave in the middle of a 10-1 season unless something actually happened

It could have been a "didn't like his role" that blew up into more like disparaging teammates or fighting with coaches. Just speculating, but something had to have happened.