Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gardenhire sells the couch

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

He has a redshirt year to give, so he could—in theory—transfer and sit out. He just was never quite good enough to break through and I doubt he would've started the whole year next year.

It makes sense on some level.

Amusing timing given some of the commentary on our recording last night ...

Off the field issues is a distinct possibility ... and the fact that he's on social media probably tells you that he's no warning, just gone.

Make no mistake though that Gardenhire is a capable college player ... his fall back in the depth this year to me is more of an indication that he's been passed by MORE CAPABLE players than anything he has done ...

I can imagine for him that reality is probably sobering and realizing that he needs to go elsewhere to get his name out there for the next level needed to happen.
    King passed him by, and to be honest I could see a clear drop off. UW has recrtuited some absolute studs at corner
    King is also a stud with an arm length and ball skills very unique to the position - I will be shocked if he doesn't have a lengthy NFL career
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    My grandmother asked me why I carry while watching Kanye's midget kid on the big sky network. I looked her straight in the eye and said, "The motherfucking Decepticons." She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster, it was a good time.
  • Options
    Meek said:
    Reading too much into it ... that he is leaving shouldn't be THAT surprising ... the timing though ... very surprising
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

He has a redshirt year to give, so he could—in theory—transfer and sit out. He just was never quite good enough to break through and I doubt he would've started the whole year next year.

It makes sense on some level.

Amusing timing given some of the commentary on our recording last night ...

Off the field issues is a distinct possibility ... and the fact that he's on social media probably tells you that he's no warning, just gone.

Make no mistake though that Gardenhire is a capable college player ... his fall back in the depth this year to me is more of an indication that he's been passed by MORE CAPABLE players than anything he has done ...

I can imagine for him that reality is probably sobering and realizing that he needs to go elsewhere to get his name out there for the next level needed to happen.
    King passed him by, and to be honest I could see a clear drop off. UW has recrtuited some absolute studs at corner
    King is also a stud with an arm length and ball skills very unique to the position - I will be shocked if he doesn't have a lengthy NFL career
    Quit plagiarism my shit, fucko!!!

Some of us have been NTD, BB'ing about him in Seahawks whatever the fuck kind of blue they wear for two years.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    Babushka said:

My grandmother asked me why I carry while watching Kanye's midget kid on the big sky network. I looked her straight in the eye and said, "The motherfucking Decepticons." She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster, it was a good time.

You should be nice to your grandmother
    You should throw more backwards bubble screen.
  • Options

MisterEm said:

Gardenhire was repetitively torched by all the Southern Miss WRs in the bowl game, not just the NFL lock. Pointed around at his fellow DBs afterwards like a tool.

My wife asked who #3 was and why he was still out there.

Bye!

Other than that game I always thought he was pretty good.
    You also thought the OL was good until it wasn't ... Keep Flip Flopping and Carry On
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2016
    Tequilla said:

MisterEm said:

Gardenhire was repetitively torched by all the Southern Miss WRs in the bowl game, not just the NFL lock. Pointed around at his fellow DBs afterwards like a tool.

Bye!

You also thought the OL was good until it wasn't ... Keep Flip Flopping and Carry On
    Your comment doesn't even make sense. The OL is good and easily the best since 2000. Nothing has changed. The whole team doesn't seem to be playing as well as a month ago. Peaks and valleys bruh.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

MisterEm said:

Bye!

Pressing
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    Agree with everyone who has pointed out the timing is just weird. But...in hindsight it does explain some stuff.

One thing that stood out to me on Saturday night was that UW was lining up at times with as many as FOUR safeties on the field at once. And let's be honest, other than Baker none of these guys is a world-beater: Rapp (true frosh that I love but who got *exposed* vs USC); Turner (juco txfr subbing in place of McIntosh, who also got exposed vs USC); and Beaver (who just plain sucks). At one point in Q2, I recall seeing Beaver on the field, turning to my buddy, and saying: "Wow, Pete will literally play *anybody* before Gardenhire."
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2016
    TTJ said:

Agree with everyone who has pointed out the timing is just weird. But...in hindsight it does explain some stuff.

One thing that stood out to me on Saturday night was that UW was lining up at times with as many as FOUR safeties on the field at once. And let's be honest, other than Baker none of these guys is a world-beater: Rapp (true frosh that I love but who got *exposed* vs USC); Turner (juco txfr subbing in place of McIntosh, who also got exposed vs USC); and Beaver (who just plain sucks). At one point in Q2, I recall seeing Beaver on the field, turning to my buddy, and saying: "Wow, Pete will literally play *anybody* before Gardenhire."

He could have told the coaches to fuck off or something at that point and gotten pulled. Pretty sure he was definitely playing special teams earlier, didn't he cause the fumble on the return?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    What a vagina if he quit over playing time. Wait til the season is over.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

TTJ said:

He could have told the coaches to fuck off or something at that point and gotten pulled. Pretty sure he was definitely playing special teams earlier, didn't he cause the fumble on the return?
    Caused and recovered
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Tequilla said:

Meek said:
    Reading too much into it ... that he is leaving shouldn't be THAT surprising ... the timing though ... very surprising
    jesus tequila...don't you remember any of the memes on these boreds?
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795

TTJ said:

Yes, he's been all over the field on ST. But defensively, he's only gotten in on garbage time.