Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We want SC in the P12 Championship game

Comments

• Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

That would require CU to lose to Utah in Boulder. Not gonna happen.

You're going to face a pissed off team with nothing to lose. Regardless how good or bad the opponent is, this is a dangerous game for you. BuffBuffPressure!
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    gmo said:

If we can't beat USC and their freshman quarterback in the P12 title game, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

agreed. Crowd would be very heavily empty seats but still have to win that game.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795

SC dominated us. Smiff didn't learn anything from that game. No reason to expect different results. Our team has played two QB's with a pulse all year and Darnold was one of them. I don't think that is a good match up for us and our 40 pass attempts offense that we have.

Dominated? Nope.
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited November 2016

gmo said:

If we can't beat USC and their freshman quarterback in the P12 title game, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

agreed. Crowd would be very heavily empty seats but still have to win that game.
    Yes, i should have thrown an altitude remark in as well so that my Sarkasm would be more obvious. I got hit up on LinkedIn randomly by some poor Levi's Stadium sales guy just for being a UW grad... they are that desperate.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AEB said:

These are the reasons we want to play SC. If we don't play them and we win out, we've learned nothing and Smiff gets extended. If we play them and lose for all the reasons above, Pete cans Smiff and we move forward understanding where we are. If we play them and win, we've learned something and improved.

Losers are scared of competition. If we want Pete to be a winner, than we play and beat the best. End of story.

Seahawks vs brady
    Seahawks vs Rogers
    Seahawks vs rothlisberger. We all want to see this. Because we think the seahawks are good.

Everyone is saying usc is the best team in the pac12 at this point. I want the huskies to beat their asses. If you can't beat usc, better get bigger and stronger for next year.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511

Why would UW want the lower ranked team that lost by 46 to Alabama?

Agree. We want CU, the team that was beating Mich, on the road, until their QB went down.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    AEB said:

If you want the playoffs, beating SC in that game does the trick. Be the best, beat the best. The end.

Colorado is better for our resume. Doesn't really matter either way though. FWIW I think we'd beat SC rather easily in the rematch. Kwiat clearly learned his lesson about not blitzing.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Colorado could be ranked 4th and still not be better for our resume. The vast majority of the world dgaf about colorado. Beating usc leaves zero doubt
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,982
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

AEB said:

If you want the playoffs, beating SC in that game does the trick. Be the best, beat the best. The end.

Colorado is better for our resume. Doesn't really matter either way though. FWIW I think we'd beat SC rather easily in the rematch. Kwiat clearly learned his lesson about not blitzing.
    They got the better of the defense. But that was hardly the biggest problem when we played them.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

I don't give a fuck who we play. Just beat the team in front of us.

SC can get their own asses in if they want to play us. All we need to worry about is beating the shit out of WSU, and doing the same to whomever comes out of the south. If that doesn't get us in, it's our own damn fault for letting SC get the best of us the first time.

Well said.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Whatever team gives us the best chance to beat them is who I want to see there. If every team had to forfeit all their games tomorrow from the south except Arizona and they were the representative, I'd be all for it.

Being 12-1 either the college football or committee or Rose Bowl is going to take us and that's all that matters. At that point, style points mean nothing.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

AEB said:

They got the better of the defense. But that was hardly the biggest problem when we played them.
    Agreed. I don't think anybody but Bama shuts the offense down like that. Defense will play better because we get a pass rush via the blitz, offense will be better because it can't be worse.

UW beats SC in the P12 Champ Game. Get all the screenshots you need.

I'm way more concerned about Cuog.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,357
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Danny Kannel has USC 5th because they are so hot right now. Allegedly

I can see why fans want another shot at them. I do as well. Sure CU is ranked higher but no one gives a fuck about that loser piece of shit program. After we roll them by 50 in the CCG everyone will say they suck
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Danny Kannel has USC 5th because they are so hot right now. Allegedly

I can see why fans want another shot at them. I do as well. Sure CU is ranked higher but no one gives a fuck about that loser piece of shit program. After we roll them by 50 in the CCG everyone will say they suck

Idiots forget that the whole season counts and that USC lost to Stanford AND Utah.

The Trojans don't belong in the top 10.
  • Options
    BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    89ute said:

You're going to face a pissed off team with nothing to lose. Regardless how good or bad the opponent is, this is a dangerous game for you. BuffBuffPressure!
    Yeah super pissed and angry. Too bad you guys aren't any good at actually playing football.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,416
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I wish Sark was still HC @ SC. He would've fucked it up, somehow, someway. By "it" I mean everything.
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    Swaye's Wigwam

89ute said:

Yeah super pissed and angry. Too bad you guys aren't any good at actually playing football.
    @SprayHuffHuff, 4-1