Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trump is an outsider

2»

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Trump wasn't Hillary

HTH
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:

mobey said:

Wants to get rid of Obama Care...

Except for the mandate not allowing insurance companies to deny based on existing conditions.

LOL

Only works if 1) Govt subsidies to insurance companies 2) mandate that healthy be required to buy insurance with penalties for non compliance or 3) both

You know...

Obama Care.

I'm still a proponent of a single payer system and a private system. You can opt into a basic level government policy funded by tax dollars, or opt out and get a more comprehensive policy in the open market which would be fully tax deductible.
    I'm interested to know how this would work.

The private companies would go broke.

You know, and I know ... hell even @collegdoog knows, that the average American is so fucking stupid that if given the option of "free" health care or paying for it (even with full tax deductions) ... there is no choice.

Obamacare was designed to fail, which would force a single payer system.

So far the failure is well on track.
    No. Adding millions to the pool of insured isn't a path to single payer.

Obamacare isn't working the best because Republicans have refused to do anything to try to fix it. Their only solution is to repeal. Now Trump wants to repeal but keep 90% of it.
    Where do you make this shit up from?
    I don't know about the % Hondo is pulling out of his ass, but...

It's easy to promise to repeal when you are running, but then you win, and you see how many of your citizens lose their coverage if you do, and it becomes less cut and dry. Especially when some of those people voted for you.

My bold prediction is he keeps some (most?) of it, changes a few things, and slaps his name on it.

Prepare for Trumpcare. It's a lot like Romneycare Obamacare.
    I get it.

But ...

There is a good article in the WSJ today about the GOP strategy and how it paid off over time.

The reality is it was born to fail.

The goal was never to give everyone healthcare, it was to control healthcare ... and always has been.

You can't get single payer ... even with a super majority. So you design something so monsterous and so reliant on the youth ... it collapses and the government is forced to step in and save it.

There is enough structure there to band-aid a solution until a viable alternative can be launched.
    I read it, and I don't disagree with it.

But is it about control? Or is it about removing the profit motive from healthcare?

I tend to think it's the latter. Same idea behind banning private prisons. The profit motive has it's place, but it shouldn't be everywhere.
    This. Hence why America has government and is not a pure capitalism. As the founding fathers intended.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:

mobey said:

Except for the mandate not allowing insurance companies to deny based on existing conditions.

LOL

Only works if 1) Govt subsidies to insurance companies 2) mandate that healthy be required to buy insurance with penalties for non compliance or 3) both

You know...

Obama Care.

I'm still a proponent of a single payer system and a private system. You can opt into a basic level government policy funded by tax dollars, or opt out and get a more comprehensive policy in the open market which would be fully tax deductible.

You know, and I know ... hell even @collegdoog knows, that the average American is so fucking stupid that if given the option of "free" health care or paying for it (even with full tax deductions) ... there is no choice.

No. Adding millions to the pool of insured isn't a path to single payer.

Obamacare isn't working the best because Republicans have refused to do anything to try to fix it. Their only solution is to repeal. Now Trump wants to repeal but keep 90% of it.
    Where do you make this shit up from?
    I don't know about the % Hondo is pulling out of his ass, but...

It's easy to promise to repeal when you are running, but then you win, and you see how many of your citizens lose their coverage if you do, and it becomes less cut and dry. Especially when some of those people voted for you.

My bold prediction is he keeps some (most?) of it, changes a few things, and slaps his name on it.

Prepare for Trumpcare. It's a lot like Romneycare Obamacare.
    I get it.

But ...

There is a good article in the WSJ today about the GOP strategy and how it paid off over time.

The reality is it was born to fail.

The goal was never to give everyone healthcare, it was to control healthcare ... and always has been.

You can't get single payer ... even with a super majority. So you design something so monsterous and so reliant on the youth ... it collapses and the government is forced to step in and save it.

There is enough structure there to band-aid a solution until a viable alternative can be launched.
    the goal was single payer? He may have supported it, but he never even made an effort once he got in office. And I think his donors played a part in that.
    If it was some back room scheme that obamacare would eventually lead to single payer, I would be happy. I just don't think it was the case
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited November 2016
    again. this is coming from someone who is in favor of at the very least a public option buy in system. For obama this reform was a chance to help out the insurance industry while getting more people insured at the same time. Single payer puts them out of business, and while there were blue dog dems standing in the way, you can twist arms. Fucking LBJ got southern democrats to pass the civil rights bill.
    And I think this has a lot to do with why he didn't push for it.
    http://www.commondreams.org/news/2010/01/12/obama-received-20-million-healthcare-industry-2008-campaign
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    topdawgnc said:

mobey said:

LOL

You know...

Obama Care.

This is a system that's in use all across the world and it works great.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/16/weekinreview/16lyall.html

10% of those in the UK have supplemental insurance and use private care. Most use the NHS because it's a great system.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

topdawgnc said:

mobey said:

LOL

You know...

Obama Care.

This is a system that's in use all across the world and it works great.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/16/weekinreview/16lyall.html

10% of those in the UK have supplemental insurance and use private care. Most use the NHS because it's a great system.
    We don't need that communism here in America. Stop talking practical ideas. Commy.