Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trump is an outsider

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    His own words, he's walked back about half his platform and he hasn't even been inaugurated yet.

But he's honest and going to do what's right for the average American.
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Wants to get rid of Obama Care...

Except for the mandate not allowing insurance companies to deny based on existing conditions.

LOL

Only works if 1) Govt subsidies to insurance companies 2) mandate that healthy be required to buy insurance with penalties for non compliance or 3) both

You know...

Obama Care.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,303
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    mobey said:

Except for the mandate not allowing insurance companies to deny based on existing conditions.

LOL

Only works if 1) Govt subsidies to insurance companies 2) mandate that healthy be required to buy insurance with penalties for non compliance or 3) both

You know...

Obama Care.

I'm still a proponent of a single payer system and a private system. You can opt into a basic level government policy funded by tax dollars, or opt out and get a more comprehensive policy in the open market which would be fully tax deductible.
  • Options
    So I suppose you'd be happier with Joe the plumber?
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

mobey said:

LOL

You know...

Obama Care.

I'm still a proponent of a single payer system and a private system. You can opt into a basic level government policy funded by tax dollars, or opt out and get a more comprehensive policy in the open market which would be fully tax deductible.
    That's pretty much how the NHS of the UK works.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

mobey said:

LOL

You know...

Obama Care.

That's pretty much how the NHS of the UK works.
    It's off topic, but providing at least minimal care to all citizens should be done, but also keeping the individuals right to purchase their own care. Since they are opting out of a system they are paying for through taxes, they should have the costs of their private plan deducted from their taxable income.
  • Options

People forget that Trump didn't make campaign promises, he stated opening positions in negotiations. That's what business people do

I'm surprised some of you are surprised.

So Obama lied. But Trump is starting negotiations. Got it.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

mobey said:

LOL

You know...

Obama Care.

I'm interested to know how this would work.

The private companies would go broke.

You know, and I know ... hell even @collegdoog knows, that the average American is so fucking stupid that if given the option of "free" health care or paying for it (even with full tax deductions) ... there is no choice.

Obamacare was designed to fail, which would force a single payer system.

So far the failure is well on track.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You can keep your doctor, but only if you like him.
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

mobey said:

LOL

You know...

Obama Care.

You know, and I know ... hell even @collegdoog knows, that the average American is so fucking stupid that if given the option of "free" health care or paying for it (even with full tax deductions) ... there is no choice.

Rich people who are more healthy will pay more for Cadillac coverage. That's how the private carriers will make money. Less premium but higher margins.
  • Options

topdawgnc said:

mobey said:

LOL

You know...

Obama Care.

Rich people who are more healthy will pay more for Cadillac coverage. That's how the private carriers will make money. Less premium but higher margins.
    Interesting theory.

Not so sure it would work in reality.

I think rich people would game the system.

And

Not enough to offset the loses the private carriers would be forced to face in helping the piss poor govt version.
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

mobey said:

LOL

You know...

Obama Care.

No. Adding millions to the pool of insured isn't a path to single payer.

Obamacare isn't working the best because Republicans have refused to do anything to try to fix it. Their only solution is to repeal. Now Trump wants to repeal but keep 90% of it.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:

mobey said:

LOL

You know...

Obama Care.

Obamacare isn't working the best because Republicans have refused to do anything to try to fix it. Their only solution is to repeal. Now Trump wants to repeal but keep 90% of it.
    Where do you make this shit up from?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    topdawgnc said:

2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:

mobey said:

LOL

You know...

Obama Care.

From Trump's mouth. With my added sarcasm to piss you off.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    topdawgnc said:

2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:

mobey said:

LOL

You know...

Obama Care.

I don't know about the % Hondo is pulling out of his ass, but...

It's easy to promise to repeal when you are running, but then you win, and you see how many of your citizens lose their coverage if you do, and it becomes less cut and dry. Especially when some of those people voted for you.

My bold prediction is he keeps some (most?) of it, changes a few things, and slaps his name on it.

Prepare for Trumpcare. It's a lot like Romneycare Obamacare.
  • Options

topdawgnc said:

2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:

mobey said:

LOL

You know...

Obama Care.

It's easy to promise to repeal when you are running, but then you win, and you see how many of your citizens lose their coverage if you do, and it becomes less cut and dry. Especially when some of those people voted for you.

My bold prediction is he keeps some (most?) of it, changes a few things, and slaps his name on it.

I get it.

But ...

There is a good article in the WSJ today about the GOP strategy and how it paid off over time.

The reality is it was born to fail.

The goal was never to give everyone healthcare, it was to control healthcare ... and always has been.

You can't get single payer ... even with a super majority. So you design something so monsterous and so reliant on the youth ... it collapses and the government is forced to step in and save it.

There is enough structure there to band-aid a solution until a viable alternative can be launched.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,417
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:

mobey said:

LOL

You know...

Obama Care.

The first 90% is consensual.
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:

mobey said:

LOL

You know...

Obama Care.

I get it.

But ...

There is a good article in the WSJ today about the GOP strategy and how it paid off over time.

The goal was never to give everyone healthcare, it was to control healthcare ... and always has been.

You can't get single payer ... even with a super majority. So you design something so monsterous and so reliant on the youth ... it collapses and the government is forced to step in and save it.

There is enough structure there to band-aid a solution until a viable alternative can be launched.
    Actually it does not control health care.

But getting past that, it was designed a base template to be improved over time as the need arises. And Democrats were stupid enough to think they could compromise to fix shit with it.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:

mobey said:

LOL

You know...

Obama Care.

I get it.

But ...

I read it, and I don't disagree with it.

But is it about control? Or is it about removing the profit motive from healthcare?

I tend to think it's the latter. Same idea behind banning private prisons. The profit motive has it's place, but it shouldn't be everywhere.