Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Who would you rather have coach UW next year

2»

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Chris Petersen
    Trend is your friend.
  • Options
    BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Y'all are hilarious.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    Chris Petersen
    On the edge of my seat waiting for the next installment of Mad_Son's ramblings.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,091
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

On the edge of my seat waiting for the next installment of Mad_Son's ramblings.

Glad to hear it.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Chris Petersen
    Smith fucking sucked his first two years and deserved to be fired.

He sucked in his first game post Tedford. That said, I'll LIPO until the end of this year. It's possible that the USC game was just a shitty one.

I'm pissed about the pass happy bullshit against USC. Now we see if the coaches change and go back to what works. You can throw bombs all day against Cal and Oregon State. You can't do that against good teams.

I don't think Miles would do well at UW.
  • Options

He sucked in his first game post Tedford. That said, I'll LIPO until the end of this year. It's possible that the USC game was just a shitty one.

I'm pissed about the pass happy bullshit against USC. Now we see if the coaches change and go back to what works. You can throw bombs all day against Cal and Oregon State. You can't do that against good teams.

Again, the point was not about Miles. I should have just posted Janet Reno for clarity sake.

We clearly have no choice to let LIPO for Smith with 2* games left in the season, but do you think if he fucked up USC so badly that not fucking up against ASU and WSU will mean a lot? He clearly can't see the forest through the trees. We put up a lot of points against crappy competition at the end of last season under Smith but that didn't mean he actually understood anything or got better.

Let's say he clearly doesn't do a good job the rest of the season, by whatever standard is clearly not a good job to you and Petersen chooses to retain him, how do you feel about Petersen then? Does that matter?

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2016
    Chris Petersen
    Mad_Son said:

Again, the point was not about Miles. I should have just posted Janet Reno for clarity sake.

We clearly have no choice to let LIPO for Smith with 2* games left in the season, but do you think if he fucked up USC so badly that not fucking up against ASU and WSU will mean a lot? He clearly can't see the forest through the trees. We put up a lot of points against crappy competition at the end of last season under Smith but that didn't mean he actually understood anything or got better.

Let's say he clearly doesn't do a good job the rest of the season, by whatever standard is clearly not a good job to you and Petersen chooses to retain him, how do you feel about Petersen then? Does that matter?

If we beat ASU and WSU, we make the Pac 12 title game. If we win that, I would advocate not firing any coaches.

I only care if UW wins. I feel pretty good about Petersen because he's winning this year. A 12-1 regular season is elite and what we have been waiting for.
  • Options

Mad_Son said:

If we beat ASU and WSU, we make the Pac 12 title game. If we win that, I would advocate not firing any coaches.

I only care if UW wins. I feel pretty good about Petersen because he's winning this year. A 12-1 regular season is elite and what we have been waiting for.
    Oh absolutely 12-1 is great. Do you think we could repeat that if Jonathan Smith remains OC? That's really the crux of this.

This past week so many people have been ranting about Smith and pointing at Petersen (not meaning you personally but you seem to be one of the few people actually talking about this and not just smashing their keyboard like a retard). You look at these poll results and maybe most people interpreted Les Miles 100% literally, which is fine if you vote before reading the thread, but I look at some of these comments and see some people don't care that the question is about Smith... they think Petersen is the guy no matter what. Like everyone who was furious seems to have disappeared. Either that or they think this was an anomalous bad showing from Smith and not an indictment against the overall offense as long as he is around. I look at our pre-Tedford record as 15-12, our Tedford record as 8-0, and our post-Tedford record as 0-1. The post-Tedford felt very pre-Tedford and that is what worries me so much. What if this success was all a mirage. Again, so many aspects of the program are terrific but at the end of the day if we have one piece that keeps us at a .550 winning percentage I sort of don't care about the rest.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Chris Petersen
    Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

Oh absolutely 12-1 is great. Do you think we could repeat that if Jonathan Smith remains OC? That's really the crux of this.

This past week so many people have been ranting about Smith and pointing at Petersen (not meaning you personally but you seem to be one of the few people actually talking about this and not just smashing their keyboard like a retard). You look at these poll results and maybe most people interpreted Les Miles 100% literally, which is fine if you vote before reading the thread, but I look at some of these comments and see some people don't care that the question is about Smith... they think Petersen is the guy no matter what. Like everyone who was furious seems to have disappeared. Either that or they think this was an anomalous bad showing from Smith and not an indictment against the overall offense as long as he is around. I look at our pre-Tedford record as 15-12, our Tedford record as 8-0, and our post-Tedford record as 0-1. The post-Tedford felt very pre-Tedford and that is what worries me so much. What if this success was all a mirage. Again, so many aspects of the program are terrific but at the end of the day if we have one piece that keeps us at a .550 winning percentage I sort of don't care about the rest.
    Do you really think Chris Petersen wants to keep around
    someone who he feels diminishes his chance of winning?
    If Petersen feels any of his coaches is holding the team
    back he has already demonstrated his willingness to cut ties.
    I'm behind him whatever he decides to do with any assistant
    because I get the sense he loves winning and hates losing.

As far as Tedford being a miracle worker, he undoubtedly
    has had a positive effect. It's no coincidence though that
    we looked shittiest against by far the best team we have
    played. Sometimes you just have to say you got your ass
    kicked. Harbaugh and Dabo say hi.
  • Options
    whuggy said:

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

I get the notion that Petersen has shown he is good, he is the one who knows the inner workings the best, and that he knows more about football than any person here. I get why you would trust that person's decision whatever it is. I don't begrudge that view point.

I do know that sometimes really smart people are for whatever reason blinded to things that are obvious to other people and this seems like one of those cases. Of course, it really may have been Tedford was brought on to teach him to turn it around or not. Obviously this past week was a poor showing. USC is a very talented team that has begun to turn it around. It really exposed a lot of the flaws in the stupid stuff Smith likes to do. We had to have an actual good game plan if we wanted to win but we didn't. the loss would be a lot more palatable if we had put stick to our strengths, or if the issue had been on the players and not the coaches putting them in bad positions. Maybe Petersen sees that and plans to unload Smith at the end of the season. Obviously he didn't get the same extension as everyone else. Maybe the concept of keeping Smith is purely academic. There are a lot of people who have been railing on Smith, pointing at Petersen, and not coming forward at this point though. I actually don't know how I feel and am not advocating firing or keeping Petersen. He has clearly done a tremendous amount of good and gotten us very close on the appropriate schedule. If this USC game was anomalous, then so be it, that is awesome. I don't think we should wait five years to evaluate and talk about it though and I am not convinced our success will be sustained anymore. I do think that it easily could be if Smith is replaced by someone competent. This goes back to DDY's comment about Saban.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Chris Petersen
    Mad_Son said:

whuggy said:

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

I get the notion that Petersen has shown he is good, he is the one who knows the inner workings the best, and that he knows more about football than any person here. I get why you would trust that person's decision whatever it is. I don't begrudge that view point.

I do know that sometimes really smart people are for whatever reason blinded to things that are obvious to other people and this seems like one of those cases. Of course, it really may have been Tedford was brought on to teach him to turn it around or not. Obviously this past week was a poor showing. USC is a very talented team that has begun to turn it around. It really exposed a lot of the flaws in the stupid stuff Smith likes to do. We had to have an actual good game plan if we wanted to win but we didn't. the loss would be a lot more palatable if we had put stick to our strengths, or if the issue had been on the players and not the coaches putting them in bad positions. Maybe Petersen sees that and plans to unload Smith at the end of the season. Obviously he didn't get the same extension as everyone else. Maybe the concept of keeping Smith is purely academic. There are a lot of people who have been railing on Smith, pointing at Petersen, and not coming forward at this point though. I actually don't know how I feel and am not advocating firing or keeping Petersen. He has clearly done a tremendous amount of good and gotten us very close on the appropriate schedule. If this USC game was anomalous, then so be it, that is awesome. I don't think we should wait five years to evaluate and talk about it though and I am not convinced our success will be sustained anymore. I do think that it easily could be if Smith is replaced by someone competent. This goes back to DDY's comment about Saban.
    Great post Mad Son. Lots of sense. I'm
    not attached to any assistant. I at the moment
    am very frustrated with Kwitkowski. Thought we
    would have an attack defense but it has morphed
    into bend don't break. So I get it. Just gotta have faith
    that Petersen gets it too. I honestly don't think we
    can do better. Saban and Meyer aren't walking through the
    door so we just have to let it play out.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    Chris Petersen
    The biggest problem I see is both Smiff and Browning's dad being former OSU QBs. Peterson will be reluctant to break that up, unless he sees what I see, which is Browning not developing into the QB he should be already. Over-achievers are notoriously bad coaches, because they cannot relate to the average player. That's Smiffy to a T.
  • Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Hire Lane Damn Kiffin as OC!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Chris Petersen
    I'm hearing Les is bringing Sark in as his OC.

Fuck that.