Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dead Dog FS

How was that OL for you tonight???

#dominated

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Doogs hate winning.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    dominated? I must have been watching a different game than you were.
    They were average
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    SHUT THE PROGRAM DOWN WE ARE A FUCKING WOMEN'S BASKETBALL SCHOOL ANYWAYS
  • Options
    now, dominated is what our DL and passrusher were.
    Browning was also terrible. a lot of the pressure was on him dancing around and holding the ball too long
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

#dominated

Aside from John Ross every part of the team was dominated tonight. There's not a single unit that can be proud of how it played. Yep, the OL sucked. So did everyone else.

Strausser, Hamdan, Smith, Kwat, Lake, Paopao, Kwat, Bonerpopper, whoever the other assistants are, all their units sucked.
    3.1 yards per carry by the DL in the run game was fine ...

And I'm not going to excuse other individuals ... but the OL got absolutely whipped tonight ... but fair to say that when they did have time to throw, nobody was open ... partly because the OL was too soft to open up ANYTHING in the run game
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

#dominated

Aside from John Ross every part of the team was dominated tonight. There's not a single unit that can be proud of how it played. Yep, the OL sucked. So did everyone else.

Strausser, Hamdan, Smith, Kwat, Lake, Paopao, Kwat, Bonerpopper, whoever the other assistants are, all their units sucked.

And I'm not going to excuse other individuals ... but the OL got absolutely whipped tonight ... but fair to say that when they did have time to throw, nobody was open ... partly because the OL was too soft to open up ANYTHING in the run game
    Yards per carry is a stupid stat. When SC needed to move the chains in the run game they did. The DL didn't get nearly enough rush.

Not a good game by our DL. I imagine they'd be the first to tell you they're not proud of their performance tonight.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

#dominated

Yards per carry is a stupid stat. When SC needed to move the chains in the run game they did. The DL didn't get nearly enough rush.

Not a good game by our DL. I imagine they'd be the first to tell you they're not proud of their performance tonight.
    I think the DL had 1 sack tonight if I remember right in my haze right now ... they didn't have a great night (rushing the passer) but fit the run game quite well ... the problem is that they got misdirectioned a bunch and abused with the crossing game ...

What were the odds if I gave you JJSS as SC's 4th leading receiver tonight?

And YPC isn't a stupid stat ... particularly if you aren't getting sacks ...

What's more important tonight probably wasn't the YPC number, but that SC ran it 9 more times than we did
  • Options

Overreaction of the day

Yes or no ... was the OL dominated or not?
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Overreaction of the day

no
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

Tequilla said:

Overreaction of the day

no
    The data doesn't back you up on this
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The obsession is real
  • Options

The obsession is real

Says the guy trumpeting up the OL and its coaching all week ...
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When we tried the side to side runs we stunk. We ran well (but not often) enough between the tackles. Gaskin could have had a 30 carry 105 of the toughest yards he would ever see type night, but we got behind and Smith went back to the pass first option. The diff. tonight was SC had 42/45 as defensive ends and we have a bunch of jags who can't get pressure giving Darnald all day to find someone wide open in the middle of the field.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I guess I watched a different game. OL didn't look like it got dominated to me. It got pushed around a bit, and creases were there for running...pass pro was a bit rougher...but Brownsocks sacked himself twice and fell down into the D two other times. They can't protect forever.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The OL was one of many position groups that had a range of play from pretty bad to shitty.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,382
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Browning sucks