Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OL Concern

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
TL, DR in advance

Is fucking stupid. This year and next are the title opportunities. There really is no reason for us to have concern at all because Petersen has proved his worth this season.

Here would be some scenario's that are probably more valid than the OL concerns. I truly don't get it. It's so fucking stupid because we all obviously want Sarrell, but there is absolutely nothing to be up in arms about.

QB - Who is playing QB after Browning, especially if he leaves early? (no idea about his NFL abilities, but elite numbers are elite numbers that get scout's attention.

RB: Who is the primary guy after Gaskin and Coleman leave after next year? He's probably not on the current roster.

WR: We'll be perfectly fine, but Ross is gone after this year. If Pettis somehow chose to leave and be a mid round pick, we would be kind of fucked.

OL: Adams for sure and probably McGary are gone after next year.

Other than WR, I would say it's just as logical to worry about those other positions on offense as it is the OL.

This post is already too long so I'll quickly give some concerns about defense.

We don't have a single proven edge rusher to be excited about. Are Kwiatkowski and Milloy shitty recruiters for not having that guy on the roster? No, just like Strausser isn't either.

We have recruited well at DB, but it's not necessarily likely we will have two CB's as good as King and Jones in the next few years. Those guys aren't especially common, even more so on the same team.

Same goes for DT. Most teams, even good ones don't have three NFL DT's over 320 pounds.

I'm not even concerned about all this because 1) I don't give a fuck about next year when we are 9-0 and in the playoff hunt. 2) I'm only simply pointing out that this singular OL concern over a couple recruits is so fucking retarded it hurts my brain.

Strausser is a good recruiter because his OL is good. I'm not making the stars argument because obviously 5 stars are better and I wish we could sign 25 of them every year, but if UW is good, I don't give a flying fuck is they are 2 stars, 3 stars, 5 stars, or a fucking diamond in the ruff.

Nick Harris is a good recruit because he's playing well on the OL as a true freshman. If Sarrell goes elsewhere, find some other guys and continue to fucking win. Just fucking win.

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited November 2016
    Yup! I am just not going to respond, just different viewpoints on stuff. It's like arguing politics at this point!

God Speed!

EDIT: I still love you though, my asian homie!

EDIT 2: I don't care about stars either, they are stupid. So we agree there!
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2016

We don't have a single proven edge rusher to be excited about.

Amen. DDY and I had a good back-and-forth on this earlier (he did a good analysis). hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/34318/pm-to-passion/p1

If we had a true freshman tearing it up on the scout team, he'd be playing. So, we don't.

I don't think Kwiatkowski or Malloe are shitty recruiters. However, for some reason our worse players on defense are the edge guys. I don't know why, but there it is.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,379
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm pretty sure I agree with Roadsan but I didn't read it
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I don't think Adams will leave after 3 years in college. McGary is also still too raw to jump as a junior, even with a RS year. He's only played OT for 1.5 seasons at this point.

Weddington or Ahmed will be the heir to Gaskin.

The QB battle between RS Jr Bridge-Gadd and RS-Fr Sirmon will be interesting.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I don't think Adams will leave after 3 years in college. McGary is also still too raw to jump as a junior, even with a RS year. He's only played OT for 1.5 seasons at this point.

This
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    TommySQC said:

This
    To add... I would be slightly more surprised if Gaskin left early than stayed 4 years.

a) RBs have the shortest careers of any position on average... he'll want that degree. Though it's possible he takes the Bishop Sankey route and finishes up his classes during each offseason.
    b) Not many RBs his size and with his skillset have a ton of success in the NFL. He'll need to really work on his pass catching and pass blocking if he wants to succeed or at least have a more relevant career than Sankey.
    c) He could be a 1st team All-American easily his senior year, especially if Browning is gone and he becomes the entire offense by himself.

Either way, by the time he's gone the young guys will be ready. Plus Sean McGrew is still in the equation.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Thhe obsession continues.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Thhe obsession continues.

It's fun. You said it on the podcast.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'm pretty sure Dead Dog On The Road is a fucktard ... otherwise with the way we have recruited everywhere but OL and QB I have nothing to worry about ...

We already know Sirmon at QB ...

We'll see how the OL plays out
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I'm pretty sure Dead Dog On The Road is a fucktard ... otherwise with the way we have recruited everywhere but OL and QB I have nothing to worry about ...

Sirmon has proven nothing.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Because most future 1st year starting QBs have proven anything ... #fucktard
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Most QB's are busts. Simple fact

Is this what you meant?
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Most QB's are busts. Simple fact
    Which is why for an approximate 30 year period every material starting QB for the University of Washington was at least on a NFL roster
  • Options
    fauxdawgmanfauxdawgman Member Posts: 218
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    awfully warm for February..
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Passion said:

We don't have a single proven edge rusher to be excited about.

Amen. DDY and I had a good back-and-forth on this earlier (he did a good analysis). hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/34318/pm-to-passion/p1

If we had a true freshman tearing it up on the scout team, he'd be playing. So, we don't.

I don't think Kwiatkowski or Malloe are shitty recruiters. However, for some reason our worse players on defense are the edge guys. I don't know why, but there it is.
    Amandre gonna make you happy! Benning too.
    There are some mixed opinions on Benning on this site. Some think the Potoa'e brother peeked physically too early in their lives. Others think Potoa'e is going to be a star.

I'll wait and see.