Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OL Concern

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I'm pretty sure Dead Dog On The Road is a fucktard ... otherwise with the way we have recruited everywhere but OL and QB I have nothing to worry about ...

We already know Sirmon at QB ...

We'll see how the OL plays out

Sirmon has proven nothing.
    Because most future 1st year starting QBs have proven anything ... #fucktard
    Most QB's are busts. Simple fact
    Which is why for an approximate 30 year period every material starting QB for the University of Washington was at least on a NFL roster
    We had other QB's on the roster that never saw the field or sucked. It's not hard to understand.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2016
    http://www.si.com/college-football/photos/2013/01/28/top-quarterback-recruits-2013

Here's a link for the top QB's from 2013. Not a single one had a great college career. The best are Hackenburg (who sucked, and Zaire (highly touted but also the QB of a terrible Notre Dame team.

Here's a 2012 list. Only Jamie's Winston was a good starting QB on a top 10 team. I guess Chad Kelly is decent too.

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/2012-football-recruiting-rankings-qbs

But how are most QB's a bust @Tequilla? You stupid fuck.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I'm pretty sure Dead Dog On The Road is a fucktard ... otherwise with the way we have recruited everywhere but OL and QB I have nothing to worry about ...

Which is why for an approximate 30 year period every material starting QB for the University of Washington was at least on a NFL roster
    We had other QB's on the roster that never saw the field or sucked. It's not hard to understand.
    Again, absolute fucktarded logic ...

It's time to take the gloves off and roll ...

You've been advancing the following just in this thread:

1) OL recruiting doesn't matter (Teq thoughts about RD comments: IMO it is because you think Strausser will develop them regardless (i.e. the Tom Cable/Seahawks OL approach) and since we're winning this year it's a winning formula ... and as long as we win we'll recruit so whatever)

2) What's the QB situation after Browning ... nobody proven or experienced (Teq thoughts: trying to minimize the unknown at OL)

3) Who takes over for Gaskin/Coleman (Teq thoughts: may or may not be on the roster ... but this starts going down the path where I'm beginning to think that you're a fucktard for not realizing that players moving through the program happens in college because they're only on campus anywhere from 3-5 years)

4) If Ross/Pettis leave we're fucked (Teq thoughts: this is where RECRUITING comes in and we're in a position to have one of, if not the best WR recruiting classes in the country)

5) We don't have another edge rusher (outside of Mathis) on the roster so therefore K and Malloe must be shit recruiters like Strausser according to the masses (Teq thoughts: now I know you really don't pay attention to recruiting because our class last year was STACKED at the position as well as guys that we've recruited in this class ... young players playing the position now are becoming more and more noticeable each and every week)

6) While we have recruited well at DB we won't have Jones/King because they aren't common (Teq thoughts: I seem to have heard similar comments about Marcus Peters ... and at other positions guys like Shelton, Kikaha, and Shaq ... how did the replacements at those spots do?)

7) But none of the above matters because we're 9-0 and recruiting hurts your brain (Teq thoughts: you're also the same idiot that spent the better part of Pete's first two years saying that he wasn't the guy and as for recruiting, if you don't realize that recruiting is to college football what the draft is to the NFL, then you're way to FS to even enter into a discussion about recruiting and in particular telling the guys that TBS hard that they don't know what the fuck they are talking about)

8) Nick Harris is a good recruit because he's playing well as a true freshman (Teq thoughts: just when I thought you couldn't be even more fucktarded, you totally go redeem yourself ... IF the prior years recruiting would have been better, a massively UNDERSIZED Nick Harris would NOT have been playing this year ... HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND THIS YOU FUCKING SEVEN WIN SARK LOVING POS THAT PLAYING UNDERSIZED TRUE FRESHMAN ON THE OL ISN'T A VALIDATION ON HIM OR HIS ABILITIES BUT AN INDICTMENT ON THE QUALITY OF PLAYERS STUCK BEHIND HIM ON THE DEPTH CHART ... ONLY SARK FS IDIOTS THINK THAT BECAUSE A GUY IS PLAYING AS A TRUE FRESHMAN THAT THAT AUTOMATICALLY MEANS THAT HE'S GOOD ... FUCK ME WITH A RUSTY CHEESE GRATER)

And before you claim that I've spun your shit Dead Dog, all of these thoughts were taken from your original post on this topic ... I haven't even gotten into the QB shit show that you went down by saying "Sirmon has proven nothing" and now bringing up some BS shit from the Elite 11 or whatever from 4-5 years ago as saying "see, that class sucked so we have no guarantee that anybody will be good."

Let's just get to the point here on the QBs so that you can further hide your head in shame on this thread where I feel like I'm channeling my inner Puppy and at minimum have taken one glove off you ignorant shithead. Here are all the primary UW starting QBs since 1977:

1977: Warren Moon (I think we know a bit about him)
    1978: Tom Porras (USFL/CFL/Arena - approx.12 year career)
    1979: Porras/Tom Flick (7 year NFL career)
    1980: Flick
    1981: Steve Pelluer (8 year NFL career)
    1982: Pelluer
    1983: Pelluer
    1984: Hugh Millen (9 year NFL career)
    1985: Hugh Millen
    1986: Chris Chandler (17 year NFL career)
    1987: Chandler
    1988: Cary Conklin (5 year NFL career)
    1989: Conklin
    1990: Mark Brunell (19 year NFL career)
    1991: Billy Joe Hobert (9 year NFL career)
    1992: Hobert/Brunell
    1993: Damon Huard (13 year NFL career)
    1994: Huard
    1995: Huard
    1996: Brock Huard (6 year NFL career)
    1997: Huard
    1998: Huard
    1999: Marques Tuiasosopo (8 year NFL career)
    2000: Tui
    2001: Cody Pickett (NFL/CFL)
    2002: Pickett
    2003: Pickett
    2004: Casey Paus (Nothing)
    2005: Isaiah Stanback (6 year NFL career, not as a QB)
    2006: Stanback
    2007: Jake Locker (4 year NFL career)
    2008: Ronnie Fouch due to Locker injury (no NFL career)
    2009: Locker
    2010: Locker
    2011: Keith Price (CFL)
    2012: Keith Price
    2013: Keith Price
    2014: Cyler Miles (no NFL career)
    2015: Jake Browning (TBD)
    2016: Browning

So in the last 40 years of University of Washington football, only in 2004 (1-10), 2008 (0-12), and 2014 could you point to a roster where the starting QB wasn't at least a CFL player and the 2008 season the primary starter was only that due to a season-ending injury to the starter. On top of that, there's a small list of the players that played professionally that at least didn't get a sniff of being on NFL rosters being Porras in 1978 and Keith Price. Shocking that arguably the worst period of professional success for UW QBs comes from 2011-2014 and were all recruited and developed primarily by Sark ... shocking I tell you.

So if you're telling me over the next 40 years that the UW will have a 3 out of 40 chance each year of having a QB that isn't good enough to play professionally and well over a 75% chance that the primary starting QB on the roster will end up playing in the NFL somehow or someway, I think I'll take my chances. So to your point that we don't know shit about Sirmon you're right we don't. We know he's highly rated and that's normally a strong indicator. That being said, we tend to recruit a relatively strong QB option each year so whether it is Sirmon or somebody else, history tells you that the UW will have a QB worth a shit.

Please go play Frogger across the 101 or whatever will make you go splat against a windshield and keep you from posting worthless drivel about topics that you clearly don't know anything about.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

1) OL recruiting doesn't matter (Teq thoughts about RD comments: IMO it is because you think Strausser will develop them regardless (i.e. the Tom Cable/Seahawks OL approach) and since we're winning this year it's a winning formula ... and as long as we win we'll recruit so whatever)

2) What's the QB situation after Browning ... nobody proven or experienced (Teq thoughts: trying to minimize the unknown at OL)

3) Who takes over for Gaskin/Coleman (Teq thoughts: may or may not be on the roster ... but this starts going down the path where I'm beginning to think that you're a fucktard for not realizing that players moving through the program happens in college because they're only on campus anywhere from 3-5 years)

4) If Ross/Pettis leave we're fucked (Teq thoughts: this is where RECRUITING comes in and we're in a position to have one of, if not the best WR recruiting classes in the country)

5) We don't have another edge rusher (outside of Mathis) on the roster so therefore K and Malloe must be shit recruiters like Strausser according to the masses (Teq thoughts: now I know you really don't pay attention to recruiting because our class last year was STACKED at the position as well as guys that we've recruited in this class ... young players playing the position now are becoming more and more noticeable each and every week)

6) While we have recruited well at DB we won't have Jones/King because they aren't common (Teq thoughts: I seem to have heard similar comments about Marcus Peters ... and at other positions guys like Shelton, Kikaha, and Shaq ... how did the replacements at those spots do?)

7) But none of the above matters because we're 9-0 and recruiting hurts your brain (Teq thoughts: you're also the same idiot that spent the better part of Pete's first two years saying that he wasn't the guy and as for recruiting, if you don't realize that recruiting is to college football what the draft is to the NFL, then you're way to FS to even enter into a discussion about recruiting and in particular telling the guys that TBS hard that they don't know what the fuck they are talking about)

8) Nick Harris is a good recruit because he's playing well as a true freshman (Teq thoughts: just when I thought you couldn't be even more fucktarded, you totally go redeem yourself ... IF the prior years recruiting would have been better, a massively UNDERSIZED Nick Harris would NOT have been playing this year ... HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND THIS YOU FUCKING SEVEN WIN SARK LOVING POS THAT PLAYING UNDERSIZED TRUE FRESHMAN ON THE OL ISN'T A VALIDATION ON HIM OR HIS ABILITIES BUT AN INDICTMENT ON THE QUALITY OF PLAYERS STUCK BEHIND HIM ON THE DEPTH CHART ... ONLY SARK FS IDIOTS THINK THAT BECAUSE A GUY IS PLAYING AS A TRUE FRESHMAN THAT THAT AUTOMATICALLY MEANS THAT HE'S GOOD ... FUCK ME WITH A RUSTY CHEESE GRATER)

And before you claim that I've spun your shit Dead Dog, all of these thoughts were taken from your original post on this topic ... I haven't even gotten into the QB shit show that you went down by saying "Sirmon has proven nothing" and now bringing up some BS shit from the Elite 11 or whatever from 4-5 years ago as saying "see, that class sucked so we have no guarantee that anybody will be good."

Let's just get to the point here on the QBs so that you can further hide your head in shame on this thread where I feel like I'm channeling my inner Puppy and at minimum have taken one glove off you ignorant shithead. Here are all the primary UW starting QBs since 1977:

So in the last 40 years of University of Washington football, only in 2004 (1-10), 2008 (0-12), and 2014 could you point to a roster where the starting QB wasn't at least a CFL player and the 2008 season the primary starter was only that due to a season-ending injury to the starter. On top of that, there's a small list of the players that played professionally that at least didn't get a sniff of being on NFL rosters being Porras in 1978 and Keith Price. Shocking that arguably the worst period of professional success for UW QBs comes from 2011-2014 and were all recruited and developed primarily by Sark ... shocking I tell you.

So if you're telling me over the next 40 years that the UW will have a 3 out of 40 chance each year of having a QB that isn't good enough to play professionally and well over a 75% chance that the primary starting QB on the roster will end up playing in the NFL somehow or someway, I think I'll take my chances. So to your point that we don't know shit about Sirmon you're right we don't. We know he's highly rated and that's normally a strong indicator. That being said, we tend to recruit a relatively strong QB option each year so whether it is Sirmon or somebody else, history tells you that the UW will have a QB worth a shit.

Please go play Frogger across the 101 or whatever will make you go splat against a windshield and keep you from posting worthless drivel about topics that you clearly don't know anything about.
    I can't do this. My bad for bringing it up. Truthfully you are an idiot who knows very little about football.

I will comment on Nick Harris you doog piece of shit. Petersen had two classes before Harris' yet you blame Sark? Maybe Harris is just a fucking good player?

But how was Emmert a bad president?
    Holy shit you are fucking stupid ...

Find one place where I said that Nick Harris playing was Sark's fault? Didn't happen. Learn to fucking read ... I called you the idiot for confusing Harris playing for being good ... that's the kind of FS thinking that Sark (and his like) would do ...

And BTW, don't write a fucking check that your ass can't cash (also known as this entire thread)
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I can't do this. My bad for bringing it up. Truthfully you are an idiot who knows very little about football.

I will comment on Nick Harris you doog piece of shit. Petersen had two classes before Harris' yet you blame Sark? Maybe Harris is just a fucking good player?

Find one place where I said that Nick Harris playing was Sark's fault? Didn't happen. Learn to fucking read ... I called you the idiot for confusing Harris playing for being good ... that's the kind of FS thinking that Sark (and his like) would do ...

And BTW, don't write a fucking check that your ass can't cash (also known as this entire thread)
    Or what? Just curious asking for a friend
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Or what? Just curious asking for a friend
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewf41U8yNNA
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    I skimmed a few lines of those TL;DR posts and have a few simple observations:

1. Few QB recruits turn into really good college QBs. Probably 150+ QBs sign LOIs every single season. There are maybe 40 pretty good and less than 25 really good QBs in college football every year. They are spread out over five classes. Therefore there are like 5-8 really good college QBs per class. Simple to understand.

Even if you argue that there are guys who are in the process of becoming good or have potential but are behind a stud, it doesn't change the conclusion). Quadruple that 5-8 number and it is still a small minority of QB recruits.

2. Strausser is a damn good OL coach. That shouldn't be in dispute. If you want to make the argument that he isn't, you are wasting your time.

3. OL recruiting has been better than fine in terms of recruiting rankings after that 2014 transition class. The 2014 OL class wasn't highly rated and while Turner and Burleson look like they may never contribute, McGary is a stud, and Sosebee and James still have the chance to be productive players.

4. Concerns about the number of recruits taken on the OL since 2014 are reasonable, but that appears to be mostly driven by Petersen's philosophy on how many OLs to recruit.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    MAKE IT STOP!!!

ElsaLetItGo.Gif
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This little war between Roadsan and Tequia will never get old
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

RoadDawg will upvote this. Tequila will WTF this.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

We thank them for their service
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2016
    AIRWOLF said:

I skimmed a few lines of those TL;DR posts and have a few simple observations:

1. Few QB recruits turn into really good college QBs. Probably 150+ QBs sign LOIs every single season. There are maybe 40 pretty good and less than 25 really good QBs in college football every year. They are spread out over five classes. Therefore there are like 5-8 really good college QBs per class. Simple to understand.

Even if you argue that there are guys who are in the process of becoming good or have potential but are behind a stud, it doesn't change the conclusion). Quadruple that 5-8 number and it is still a small minority of QB recruits.

2. Strausser is a damn good OL coach. That shouldn't be in dispute. If you want to make the argument that he isn't, you are wasting your time.

3. OL recruiting has been better than fine in terms of recruiting rankings after that 2014 transition class. The 2014 OL class wasn't highly rated and while Turner and Burleson look like they may never contribute, McGary is a stud, and Sosebee and James still have the chance to be productive players.

4. Concerns about the number of recruits taken on the OL since 2014 are reasonable, but that appears to be mostly driven by Petersen's philosophy on how many OLs to recruit.

I wish this was my original post. Much better written. I used the 2012 and 2013 QB lists because... drum roll.... those are actually the guys who have played or are already busts. From 2014 on, they could be behind a stud and/or are biding their time.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

A man with better judgement wouldn't respond, but where in the fuck do you get off thinking I believe OL recruiting doesn't matter?

It all matters, but to bitch or have concern when we have a great OL over one recruit (fuck off with the Vera-Tucker and Elesie shit) is fucking stupid.

When the OL sucks, we can bash Strausser. Right now, with the best OL in the conference? How in the fuck could anyone complain about the OL coach of the first good OL we have had in 15 fucking years?