Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Holding Trump voters accountable

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2016

Abortions rate has been decreasing for decades now:

Want to see that number continue to decrease? Don't take away funding for one of the only institutions that offers free birth control for youth.

That's great progress, I agree. And unlike some conservatives I'm very pro birth control.

That's still over 1 million murdered babies in 2011. The other issues mentioned (policing, death penalty, death by US involvement in war) aren't going to touch that number on annual basis combined.

That's why abortion is such a big deal to some, myself included. It's done on such a huge scale. Much larger than Trump's alleged sexual assaults, for instance.

And I didn't even vote for Trump.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Sure, I'll buy that in part. It still doesn't explain why so many evangelicals are pro-death penalty, pro-policing, etc.

Pro-death penalty for murderers is a pro life position. What I don't get why some people want to murder the innocent unborn but not mass murderers.
    People who support abortion don't want to murder babies. It's more about freedom of choice and government not interfering with the decision between a woman and her doctor. Something Republicans scream about in other areas. Just like banning drugs doesn't stop people from using them. Banning abortion doesn't stop it from happening.

#hypocrisy
    Either it's murder or it's not. If it's not murder, abortion should be free and accessible. If it is murder, it should be banned, regardless if it's "still going to happen" or not. We don't legalize murder just because it still goes on.

I've taken the stance that abortion is murder. You are free to disagree. What you can't disagree with is if one believes that, they should want it banned. It's a throwaway argument.

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

2001400ex said:

Sure, I'll buy that in part. It still doesn't explain why so many evangelicals are pro-death penalty, pro-policing, etc.

Pro-death penalty for murderers is a pro life position. What I don't get why some people want to murder the innocent unborn but not mass murderers.
    People who support abortion don't want to murder babies. It's more about freedom of choice and government not interfering with the decision between a woman and her doctor. Something Republicans scream about in other areas. Just like banning drugs doesn't stop people from using them. Banning abortion doesn't stop it from happening.

#hypocrisy
    Either it's murder or it's not. If it's not murder, abortion should be free and accessible. If it is murder, it should be banned, regardless if it's "still going to happen" or not. We don't legalize murder just because it still goes on.

I've taken the stance that abortion is murder. You are free to disagree. What you can't disagree with is if one believes that, they should want it banned. It's a throwaway argument.

Abortion is murder after the point when a fetus is viable outside the womb.

HTH
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

dnc said:

2001400ex said:

#hypocrisy

HTH
    Abundance, but we certainly agree on that point. Plenty on the left disagree with that though.
  • Options
    dnc said:

2001400ex said:

dnc said:

2001400ex said:

#hypocrisy

HTH
    Abundance, but we certainly agree on that point. Plenty on the left disagree with that though.
    You don't get it. Legally abortion is murder after point of viability. Like you serve jail time.
  • Options
    MisterEm said:

< />

Clean your own house, crackers.

Huh?

Looks like Trump voters are pussies.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

From what I heard, some people voted for Trump mainly to try to get roe v. wade overturned. I wonder if they view this possible consequence as the lesser of two evils

This would be my uneducated, white trash parents. Thank god I rose above the ignorance.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

dnc said:

Clean your own house, crackers.

Hatters gonna hat
    I'm disappointed in you.
    why don't you, your self righteousness and moral superiority take a few days off, study up on the big game and get excited about the possibility of going 10-0.

maybe just let the election be for awile.
  • Options
    Dawgs4everDawgs4ever Member Posts: 170
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Already seeing reports of swastikas being painted on cars and buildings, and of violent hate crimes being perpetrated against Muslims.

Over the next four years I'm going to hold each and every Trump voter personally accountable for this shit as long as they aren't out there trying to prevent it from happening. If you're going to vote for Trump and claim it wasn't motivated by bigotry, then you need to be active in physically protecting the targets of this hate.

To the committed racists like Sledog : fuck you.

God you're a whiny cunt.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

dnc said:

2001400ex said:

dnc said:

2001400ex said:

#hypocrisy

HTH
    You don't get it. Legally abortion is murder after point of viability. Like you serve jail time.
    This is true some places but not everywhere.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    People forget that murder is unlawful killing, therefore abortion isn't murder because it is legal.

But it's still wrong.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

People forget that murder is unlawful killing, therefore abortion isn't murder because it is legal.

But it's still wrong.

What's wrong is that your mom didn't take the coat hanger.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

But it's still wrong.

You seem angry.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited November 2016

PurpleJ said:

But it's still wrong.

Disagree.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

But it's still wrong.

You seem angry.
    I seem angry? Why? Because you are taking up precious oxygen on this planet.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

But it's still wrong.

You seem angry.
    I can't breathe.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Everyone who supports abortion should be banned for calls for genocide. Rules are rules.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    If you support banning abortion, you should be in favor of birth control, sex ed, and women's reproductive healthcare.

But you're not.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

But it's still wrong.

You seem angry.
    Because of posts like these

HTH
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

More normalization of racist thuggery. Fuck off if you don't think this is a problem.

And for the losers like doogie, you want a safe space for your racist tears?