Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Left Out at 13 and 0?

2»

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

wilddawg said:

wilddawg said:

Don't post much cause I'm not a smartass wizard like the rest of you fuckers and can't keep up, but;

What if Auburn wins out beating Alabama and winning the SEC Title? Ohio St and Clemson also win out with respective conference championships. This is a real possibility. How then does the committee leave the SEC champion (Auburn) who beat Alabama, out of the final four even though they have two losses? How do they leave a one loss Alabama team out? Clemson and Ohio St would be a lock. Even a 1 loss Michigan team (to OSU) might get the nod over UW and finish 5th and us 6th or they vote in Mich over Auburn.

One of the announcers last night and other pundits have mentioned it could be possible to have a 1 loss UW team in the playoff? Not remotely possible IMHO. Not only is that impossible but it also seems to me if the above scenario plays out UW would be left out at 13 and 0. Considering East Coast and SEC bias (I live in TN, it's real) I believe this could happen. Of all the talk by the experts of playoff possibilities, I have not heard this one. Yet everyone says UW is a lock if they win out?

Am I missing something?

LEAVE
    ok
    you're fine, ignore Boobs
    Please do not encourage shit posters.

It's bad for the brand.
    The guy who badmouths virtually every post on this site wants to talk about brand building.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

wilddawg said:

wilddawg said:

Don't post much cause I'm not a smartass wizard like the rest of you fuckers and can't keep up, but;

What if Auburn wins out beating Alabama and winning the SEC Title? Ohio St and Clemson also win out with respective conference championships. This is a real possibility. How then does the committee leave the SEC champion (Auburn) who beat Alabama, out of the final four even though they have two losses? How do they leave a one loss Alabama team out? Clemson and Ohio St would be a lock. Even a 1 loss Michigan team (to OSU) might get the nod over UW and finish 5th and us 6th or they vote in Mich over Auburn.

One of the announcers last night and other pundits have mentioned it could be possible to have a 1 loss UW team in the playoff? Not remotely possible IMHO. Not only is that impossible but it also seems to me if the above scenario plays out UW would be left out at 13 and 0. Considering East Coast and SEC bias (I live in TN, it's real) I believe this could happen. Of all the talk by the experts of playoff possibilities, I have not heard this one. Yet everyone says UW is a lock if they win out?

Am I missing something?

LEAVE
    ok

It's bad for the brand.
    The guy who badmouths virtually every post on this site wants to talk about brand building.
    I'm trying to save this site from itself.

Whining about CFP conspiracies makes US look like Coogfarm.
    YRYK. If we win out we are in. It is going to piss me off when Ohio State is 4th on Tuesday, but we are being penalized for a weak OOC schedule and a down Pac-12. SOS doesn't lie, and it might piss me off, but it is fair. We need Chip and Harbaugh back so this conference doesn't suck so bad, and scheduling Auburn was a great first step to getting respectable schedules again. Anyway, it fucking sucks but there is no conspiracy....they are rewarding a 1 loss team for having a harder schedule than us and more quality wins. You can argue it for sure, but it isn't some ESPN conspiracy.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

wilddawg said:

wilddawg said:

Am I missing something?

LEAVE
    ok

It's bad for the brand.

@BenTreDawg68, true??!!!
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,454
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Come on, Alabama needs to get past the 8-1 Chattanooga Mocs. Way too early.
  • Options
    wilddawgwilddawg Member Posts: 16
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    My mistake, Mich beating OSU is irrelevant as they would just replace OSU. Still have the Auburn Alabama problem.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,262
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

wilddawg said:

wilddawg said:

Am I missing something?

LEAVE
    ok
    Your post was conclusive proof that you don't belong here.
    Only you think you belong here faggot
  • Options
    wilddawgwilddawg Member Posts: 16
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

wilddawg said:

wilddawg said:

Am I missing something?

LEAVE
    ok
    Your post was conclusive proof that you don't belong here.
    Are you a doogman mod? Thought so
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,238
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

wilddawg said:

wilddawg said:

Am I missing something?

LEAVE
    ok

It's bad for the brand.

YRYK. If we win out we are in. It is going to piss me off when Ohio State is 4th on Tuesday, but we are being penalized for a weak OOC schedule and a down Pac-12. SOS doesn't lie, and it might piss me off, but it is fair. We need Chip and Harbaugh back so this conference doesn't suck so bad, and scheduling Auburn was a great first step to getting respectable schedules again. Anyway, it fucking sucks but there is no conspiracy....they are rewarding a 1 loss team for having a harder schedule than us and more quality wins. You can argue it for sure, but it isn't some ESPN conspiracy.
    Agree but aTm ranked over UW last week was clear evidence of flawed "rationale".
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    wilddawg said:

Am I missing something?

GET A FUCKING AVATAR.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    You guys still have two ranked teams left to play. There's no way a 13-0 UW gets left out. Michigan and tOSU is a loser out game. The only possible threat would be a Bama loss and they won't. No B12 is gonna make it. Clemson doesn't have any tough teams left other than maybe Carolina in the ACC championship and prolly would still get in. An 12-1 or 11-1 UW would get left out though.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,875
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    if "we" beat the condoms, that scores a lot of points

to people in the central and eastern time zones, just beating sc, regardless of their record, is a big deal. USC was good 10 years ago (and once under Kiffin I think), but they're the big brand west of Norman.

Ohio St beat Oklahomo, but people give them massive credit for it, like OU is a top five team. OU has two losses.

like others have said, just win out. They (probably) aren't going to put a one loss team ahead of an undefeated one.