Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Left Out at 13 and 0?

Don't post much cause I'm not a smartass wizard like the rest of you fuckers and can't keep up, but;

What if Auburn wins out beating Alabama and winning the SEC Title? Ohio St and Clemson also win out with respective conference championships. This is a real possibility. How then does the committee leave the SEC champion (Auburn) who beat Alabama, out of the final four even though they have two losses? How do they leave a one loss Alabama team out? Clemson and Ohio St would be a lock. Even a 1 loss Michigan team (to OSU) might get the nod over UW and finish 5th and us 6th or they vote in Mich over Auburn.

One of the announcers last night and other pundits have mentioned it could be possible to have a 1 loss UW team in the playoff? Not remotely possible IMHO. Not only is that impossible but it also seems to me if the above scenario plays out UW would be left out at 13 and 0. Considering East Coast and SEC bias (I live in TN, it's real) I believe this could happen. Of all the talk by the experts of playoff possibilities, I have not heard this one. Yet everyone says UW is a lock if they win out?

Am I missing something?

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    wilddawg said:

Don't post much cause I'm not a smartass wizard like the rest of you fuckers and can't keep up, but;

What if Auburn wins out beating Alabama and winning the SEC Title? Ohio St and Clemson also win out with respective conference championships. This is a real possibility. How then does the committee leave the SEC champion (Auburn) who beat Alabama, out of the final four even though they have two losses? How do they leave a one loss Alabama team out? Clemson and Ohio St would be a lock. Even a 1 loss Michigan team (to OSU) might get the nod over UW and finish 5th and us 6th or they vote in Mich over Auburn.

One of the announcers last night and other pundits have mentioned it could be possible to have a 1 loss UW team in the playoff? Not remotely possible IMHO. Not only is that impossible but it also seems to me if the above scenario plays out UW would be left out at 13 and 0. Considering East Coast and SEC bias (I live in TN, it's real) I believe this could happen. Of all the talk by the experts of playoff possibilities, I have not heard this one. Yet everyone says UW is a lock if they win out?

Am I missing something?

LEAVE
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2016
    If Clemson and UW are the two remaining unbeaten, I think we(?) are in.

I suspect there would be back door pressure from the networks. Television would be much better ($$$) with an undefeated West Coast team included in the mix vs the left coast left out for a handful of East Coast teams with loss(es).

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,552
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I would put 4 one loss teams in front of an undefeated UW team. They should try joining a major conference.
  • Options
    wilddawgwilddawg Member Posts: 16
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

wilddawg said:

Am I missing something?

LEAVE
    ok
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    You don't want to see an angry Larry Scott behind closed doors.
  • Options
    wilddawg said:

wilddawg said:

Am I missing something?

LEAVE
    ok
    Your post was conclusive proof that you don't belong here.
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

I would put 4 one loss teams in front of an undefeated UW team. They should try joining a major conference.

I know your TAMU call was very impressive.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,123
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Auburn barely beat Vanderbilt.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    wilddawg said:

wilddawg said:

Am I missing something?

LEAVE
    ok
    Shit poaster, shit poast.
  • Options
    wilddawgwilddawg Member Posts: 16
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Well, who do you leave out in that scenario? The established national Ohio State University? An undefeated Clemson? The committee would never leave out the SEC champion (Auburn) who just beat the number one team in the nation who had been number one for eternity. And leave out a one loss Alabama team with that schedule whose birthright is a yearly participation in the final four?

The networks and committee would love those four teams. An Alabama - OSU title game? Alabama - Auburn? Ratings galore! Their perception of UW is that we play in the soft Pac 12, we didn't play anybody and we haven't been relevant in 15 years and we're 3000 miles away from where real football is played and you think this couldn't happen?

I say we are only a lock if Michigan beats OSU.
  • Options
    wilddawg said:

Well, who do you leave out in that scenario? The established national Ohio State University? An undefeated Clemson? The committee would never leave out the SEC champion (Auburn) who just beat the number one team in the nation who had been number one for eternity. And leave out a one loss Alabama team with that schedule whose birthright is a yearly participation in the final four?

The networks and committee would love those four teams. An Alabama - OSU title game? Alabama - Auburn? Ratings galore! Their perception of UW is that we play in the soft Pac 12, we didn't play anybody and we haven't been relevant in 15 years and we're 3000 miles away from where real football is played and you think this couldn't happen?

I say we are only a lock if Michigan beats OSU.

Hi. Let me help you.

http://dawgman.com
    http://uwdawgpound.com

You will fit in fine at either place.
  • Options

wilddawg said:

wilddawg said:

Am I missing something?

LEAVE
    ok
    you're fine, ignore Boobs
    Please do not encourage shit posters.

It's bad for the brand.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,029
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    wilddawg said:

Am I missing something?

follow up queery to your hyperthetical; would would we? play in the p12 natty? if its buffs then that would give us? a win over an opponent the fighting harbaughs beat. i think we're? in.

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    be nice, boobs
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

be nice, boobs

Why?