Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The ranking of one-loss teams.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Passion said:

dnc said:

UW isn't going to get anywhere near the 14th toughest schedule in the country.

Sagarin says that, as or right now, UW has the 14th toughest schedule the rest of the way.

The thing that is more aggravating is that apparently getting ass-raped by alabama (which happened to the aggies) is apparently a badge of honor.

Whatever, this is all just conversation and having something to talk about. Just win. That's it. Just win.
    8 games * 69th schedule + 5 games * 14th schedule = 14th.

Quality maff.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Passion said:

Swaye said:

Now stop and think for a second....if UW loses to WSU, we not only miss the playoffs, but the Rose Bowl as well. 11-1, going to the fuck off bowel. Jesus. I'll kill everything.

I'll be surprised if the kewgs go undefeated the rest of the way. Their great and historic come-from-behind victory against mighty oregon state showed how vulnerable they are.
    They can lose one of these three and still win the tiebreaker:

Arizona
    Cal
    at Colorado
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    A close loss to USC might not be horribly damaging, presuming the Huskies win the conference championship game.

A loss in the Apple Cup would absolutely tank any shot at the playoff.

Losses in either of the other two games would be somewhere in between, but if the Huskies can't mop the floor with Cal and ASU, I really don't want to see them playing Bama or Clemson.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Where does 1 loss Eastern fit in?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

EWU would beat fucking aTm

YVBE
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    phineas said:

Some of us have a strong little brother syndrome to USC. Is this what it's like when washington is good? Always thinking they will lose to usc? I have no frame of reference.

I don't think a loss to USC is likely, but objectively a close loss to USC would be the least damaging to UW's playoff hopes.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    AIRWOLF said:

phineas said:

Some of us have a strong little brother syndrome to USC. Is this what it's like when washington is good? Always thinking they will lose to usc? I have no frame of reference.

I don't think a loss to USC is likely, but objectively a close loss to USC would be the least damaging to UW's playoff hopes.

It's the only game left on the schedule that we? could hypothetically avenge as well. SC getting to the title game is unlikely but possible.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    DongJames said:

dnc said:

whuggy said:

Pretty sure the Committee doesn't want to be seen as favoring
    one conference over another. Also they are on record as giving great
    weight to conference champs. Could easily see Washington and
    OSU as one loss conference champs being picked over one loss
    A and M without a title. I think there's room for a USC fuckup.

Disagree. If UW gets one loss it's not just a hypothetical 1 loss TAMU UW has to beat out, it's a hypothetical 1 loss Michigan and hypothetical 1 loss Louisville and whoever else.

If UW drops a game we're settling for the Rose Bowel.
    I'm just glad to be at a point where we are in fucking November and talking earnestly about 'settling for the rose bowl'. After everything husky fans who care about winning have been through over the last 15 years, it's just a great conversation to be able to have.
    Nice avatar
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

Passion said:

Swaye said:

Now stop and think for a second....if UW loses to WSU, we not only miss the playoffs, but the Rose Bowl as well. 11-1, going to the fuck off bowel. Jesus. I'll kill everything.

I'll be surprised if the kewgs go undefeated the rest of the way. Their great and historic come-from-behind victory against mighty oregon state showed how vulnerable they are.
    But tell me you can't see this happening. We have suffered through 15 years of shit, and when we finally put a great season together WSU not only knocks us out of the CFP, but the Rose Bowl as well, with a worse record, and a loss to EWU. I will literally kill everything. You are in Virginia, so just turn on the local news after the game, and wait until they start showing the police chopper footage from Winchester.
    Custer was a Cuog.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,869
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

DongJames said:

dnc said:

whuggy said:

Pretty sure the Committee doesn't want to be seen as favoring
    one conference over another. Also they are on record as giving great
    weight to conference champs. Could easily see Washington and
    OSU as one loss conference champs being picked over one loss
    A and M without a title. I think there's room for a USC fuckup.

Disagree. If UW gets one loss it's not just a hypothetical 1 loss TAMU UW has to beat out, it's a hypothetical 1 loss Michigan and hypothetical 1 loss Louisville and whoever else.

If UW drops a game we're settling for the Rose Bowel.
    I'm just glad to be at a point where we are in fucking November and talking earnestly about 'settling for the rose bowl'. After everything husky fans who care about winning have been through over the last 15 years, it's just a great conversation to be able to have.
    Nice avatar
    Fender disagrees...