Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Washington-Utah Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    yeah USC is a much tougher matchup than Utah.
    Thankfully that one will be at home late in the year
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Baphomet said:

It's fucking elevation ok! Jesus Christ.

Utah lost to fucking Cal.

Altitude. Quit sucking bearswiin's pecker. I already proved him wrong.

Yeah they lost to Cal, but they were still 7-1.

We are still 8-0. I can think of worse situations.
    Nice win for a preseason game.
  • Options

Bunch of Doogs just happy to get the W like some unwashed Coog losers.

Utah fucking sucks and a good team shouldn't need a fluky punt return in the last five minutes to beat them.

I don't disagree but they wouldn't have been there without those soft ass penalties. Coaches fucked up tho. 19 carries for Gaskin was bad.
    Finally some quality, high level discussion.

It's baffling why they're not running more on first down.
  • Options
    Del_GriffithDel_Griffith Member Posts: 128
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited October 2016
    Deleted; re-written in another thread.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

whuggy said:

Utah fucking sucks and a good team shouldn't need a fluky punt return in the last five minutes to beat them.

Is this sarcasm? Jesus we played like shit and beat a ranked team on the road.

Coogs are never 8-0 btw.
    So glad the refs missed the 3 block in the backs on the return.
    Two of those were clean and the third looked like it was behind the play.
    More proof of how shitty the Fox announcers are.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

I don't disagree but they wouldn't have been there without those soft ass penalties. Coaches fucked up tho. 19 carries for Gaskin was bad.
    Finally some quality, high level discussion.

It's baffling Smiffy why they're not running more on first down.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    Baphomet said:

We may have still beat them even without that punt return. Our D held them and they had to punt out of the endzone, good chance we could have scored again. Also if there was fluke on that punt return (uncalled blocks in the back) there was also an uncalled hold in the endzone that would have given UW a 2 point safety -- so in my book those "flukes" cancel each other out.

We just beat a 7-1 team on the road, at altitude. We got it done. It wasn't a dominate win, and we have work to do to improve, but we got it done, and we are now 8-0. I'll take it.
    *dominant
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

whuggy said:

Is this sarcasm? Jesus we played like shit and beat a ranked team on the road.

Coogs are never 8-0 btw.
    So glad the refs missed the 3 block in the backs on the return.
    Two of those were clean and the third looked like it was behind the play.
    More proof of how shitty the Fox announcers are.
    The announcers stated it "could" have been called, which was their way of saying:

The Pac Refs are so fucking bad we can't believe they didn't call those.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Gladstone said:

PurpleJ said:

Whether we win out or not, we don't belong on the same field as playoff teams.

your drooling, tard schtick is often funny and endearing

but not now
    He's like Robin Williams. You have to endure four or five bad or eye roll jokes for the funny one. Lately it's more like 7/1
    Does that mean he's going to off himself
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited October 2016
    Browning didn't suck though. Some bad throws, granted, but he also made a lot of clutch plays on 3rd down. The boobs Drew Sample play you just quoted, for starters.

I'd say he played mediocre. Didn't all-out blow.
  • Options

mobey said:

Phuck all of you.

We're undefeated at 8-0.

We beat a top 20 team on the road; and we did so despite playing shitty.

Take away the dumbass unsportsmanlike and the bullshit roughing penalties and we win by 18.

And before you all shit yourselves sucking Harbaughs dick, they struggled AT HOME with Colorado.

Win and advance.

Good day, not great but good.

Fuck off with this shit. I'm thrilled with the win but you belong on dogman with that shit.

It's okay to say Browning played like shit. It's okay to say our run defense fucking sucked and we missed Mathis. OTOH it's okay to admit we were way fucking better than Utah and those calls were soft. This bird is for talking football, not being a cheerleader cunt.

It's like having a super babe for a wife, but keeping your mouth shut when she fucks other dudes. "But she's really hot."

Get the fuck outta here with that shit. Grow a fucking nutsack. If you're going to be a soccer mom cunt at least give my boys Gaskin, McGary, Sample, and Dissly some orange slices at halftime.

Boom.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Browning didn't suck though. Some bad throws, granted, but he also made a lot of clutch plays on 3rd down. The boobs Drew Sample play you just quoted, for starters.

His INT was huge. Troy could not sustain drives. He didn't play well. He's set a high standard and some Keith Price bullshit does not suffice.

That said, we should have ran those outside powers 5-10 more times. Shit was unstoppable.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Mad_Son said:

PurpleJ said:

Whether we win out or not, we don't belong on the same field as playoff teams.

You don't watch much football outside of this conference do you? Alabama is the only team clearly a cut above the rest.
    Actually that's pretty much all I watch. We would be at least a 2 loss team in the ACC, BIG 10, and the SEC.
    classy Nebraska says hi. Their schedule makes ours look daunting. Frezzno, Wyoming, 2-6 Oregon, Northwestern, Illinois, Purdue. Talk about murderer's row...

That must mean you're really high on Clemson, eh? Was it their lucky win in OT at home against the Mighty Wolfpack of NC State or their gutsy 6-point win over the visiting Troy? Must be abundance.

I lose my shit during UW games and yes, Utah is one dimensional. But they are a top 20-type team. We didn't play our best and this game is quite concerning but at the end of the day, Utah is a quality team. They're not elite, but they're a tough out. Especially on the road there, it's not easy.

So am I on cloud nine? Hell, no. But Christ, we beat a top 20 team on the road, you'll take that every time. Now they better get their asses back to work, there's a lot to clean up. And did you ever get a chance to watch the 2000 Rose Bowl team? I loved that team. If a 7 point win on the road against #17 has your panties in a bunch, you were probably bitching to Franny after every game that year.

I like FSU tonight.

#realconference
    Noted college football expert heard from
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    mobey said:

mobey said:

Phuck all of you.

We're undefeated at 8-0.

We beat a top 20 team on the road; and we did so despite playing shitty.

Take away the dumbass unsportsmanlike and the bullshit roughing penalties and we win by 18.

And before you all shit yourselves sucking Harbaughs dick, they struggled AT HOME with Colorado.

Win and advance.

Good day, not great but good.

Fuck off with this shit. I'm thrilled with the win but you belong on dogman with that shit.

It's okay to say Browning played like shit. It's okay to say our run defense fucking sucked and we missed Mathis. OTOH it's okay to admit we were way fucking better than Utah and those calls were soft. This bird is for talking football, not being a cheerleader cunt.

It's like having a super babe for a wife, but keeping your mouth shut when she fucks other dudes. "But she's really hot."

Get the fuck outta here with that shit. Grow a fucking nutsack. If you're going to be a soccer mom cunt at least give my boys Gaskin, McGary, Sample, and Dissly some orange slices at halftime.

I know...

Belonged on dogman when I said couldn't judge Petersen until yr 3.

Belonged on dooogman when I said Browning was a true freshman last yr.

Belong on doogman for saying a 7 pt win on the road vs a ranked team when we played poorly is a good thing.

LOL

As I've said before, this bored is sometimes a caricature of itself.
    Are you new here? The revolution always eats its young.
  • Options
    I fully endorse Roady's take. Champions are never satisfied, but keep trying to get better. That's what it's all about. Not that "at least" shit so popular with fans of mediocrity. UW has plenty to clean up and avoid going forward, especially the self-inflicted wounds that almost cost us the game today. No excuses.