Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

[Foster Sarell] Deserves own thread

124»

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    doogie said:

UPDATE: Fozzy was a definite Stanford lean ( near commit) then games were played.

He doesn't want to play thru a coaching change. He wants to play for a winning team. He is aware Shaw is linked to NFL jobs. He loves the upswing UW is on. He likes Pete. His friends pressure him to choose UW. The decision is becoming harder. He is going to LIPO. IMO, this favors Washington.

Cannot reveal source.

UW: 81% sure?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    doogie said:

Foster had not committed to Stanford or anyone else. Yes, I know this for a fact.

Past tense?
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2016
    animate said:

I don't blame Garnett or even Banner for not coming to UW. They had reasons not to. Mainly a perpetually 7-6 team led by an alcoholic frat boy.

Fozzy does not. He can start at left guard next year for a natty contender before kicking out to tackle his sophomore year.

Get good grades at UW and you can go to a lot of really good grad schools. The kid is going to the NFL barring a career ending injury, so help UW win a fucking title. Stanford sucks and has the lamest fan base in college football. UW will be a hot ticket next year and in the years after.

I have a theory that Sarrell committed to Stanford several months ago and is trying to figure out if he has the balls to tell Shaw he doesn't want to go there
    well, if that's anywhere near the truth it's not a good play to make decisions so early in a recruitment - especially with his recruitment stature.

lots of football left, uw under petersen is swinging up, way up. "Secretly committing" with so much left on the table just puts one in an awkward place.

If that's the case.

If his mom is truly guiding his recruitment then:

Stanford degree/education/elite academic status
    +
    OL pedigree/football success
    = clear decision. I wouldn't mind my son going to Stanford. I don't think any parent would think otherwise.

However, the first part currently is still the case, the second part is questionable.

Washington degree/education/elite academic status is up there
    +
    football success under Petersen is waaay up (#4 in the country) and will stay that way for the foreseeable future
    = great opportunity to have your cake and eat it too.

But that's up to them, good luck to him and his family.

This post makes too much sense for this bored.

So, screw all you guys! (I feel better now)
    Also let's face it.

Whether right or wrong players on winning/top college teams get higher NFL draft status, all things being equal.

Press + Success
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    PM @Fozzy1, there is no one at this Stanford game.