Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Thinking Back To August

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,820
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    In my wildest dreams, what we're seeing is what I thought was at the edge of being possible ...

Before Spring Practice, I was a little concerned about the WRs and the offense ... watching practice and seeing how dominant the defense was didn't help ...

After seeing about 3 drives against Rutgers and what John Ross brought to the table told me everything with the offense was going to be fine ..

The defense is really fucking good ...

The offense has raised their game practicing against that defense every single day ...

For those that didn't see Stanford and Oregon regressing, you weren't paying attention (although they have arguably regressed far more than one would have thought) ...
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited October 2016

Let's slow the horses down until they beat Utah and USC, then we can say that they'll have actually beat "someone."

Winning at Cal is going to be a lot harder than beating SC at home
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Jesus Christ, what a load of doogs! Wait until the next few games before you rack up the natty trophy. They are all eminently losable, with or without those big lines ready to rumble. Playing on the road is still a huge question mark in my mind.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

We were hoping for an above average offense. We ended up getting one of the best offenses in the country.

I read today that Gaskin is leading the PAC 12 in rushing. Browning has the best passer rating of all P-5 QB's. Coleman is leading the country in YPC for anyone with at least 50 carries.

Weak schedule or not, this offense is elite. We played dreck the past two years and the offense was terrible.

This is the best OL since at least 2000, if not '96 or '97. Ross and Pettis ball out every game. The other WR's, especially Chico have played well too.

Can anyone here honestly say they saw this coming?

TTJ said:

Um, no. I expected what we've seen defensively. I did not expect to have the best WR corps and the best OL in the P12. And Coleman -- da fuq did this come from?

A little something called prayer warriors..
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,672
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited October 2016
    PurpleJ said:

We don't know for sure if they are good, great, or ELITE yet. So LIPO.

13-0 or GTFO. Then we can find out how good they actually are in the playoffs.

So if they go 13-1 and lose the natty to Bama on a last second 52-yard field goal, you want Petersen to GTFO.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Let's slow the horses down until they beat Utah and USC, then we can say that they'll have actually beat "someone."

Winning at Cal is going to be a lot harder than beating SC at home
    If winning at Cal is hard, the season is over.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

PurpleJ said:

So if they go 13-1 and lose the natty to Bama on a last second 52-yard field goal, you want Petersen to GTFO.
    Hi.

UW would have already been 14-0 in that scenario.

Doogs hate math.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Fuck that.

Bring in more horses. She can handle it
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,728
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Good question Roadie. I saw that it could be coming because I think Petersen develops players and perhaps coaches better than just about anyone out there. I still thought this much improvement was unlikely though.

And some of the wet blankets are correct...do it against someone good then I'll start doing backflips.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

I wan't us to go 13-0 and make the playoffs. I'm smart enough to realize that we probably can't compete with the other playoff teams this year, but we are plenty good enough to win out in a weak Pac-12. I would love to be proven wrong and see my DAWGS shock the nation and win the natty.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

I wan't us to go 13-0 and make the playoffs. I'm smart enough to realize that we probably can't compete with the other playoff teams this year, but we are plenty good enough to win out in a weak Pac-12. I would love to be proven wrong and see my DAWGS shock the nation and win the natty.
    Pumpy's not letting you back on.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

I called for 11 wins minimum and a P12 championship in my declaration of doogdom.

I'm not letting any of you that didn't Chincredible it back on the wagon.

http://forum.hardcorehusky.com/discussion/31520/im-going-full-doog-one-last-time/p1

Looks like @Mad_Son is shit out of luck
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,121
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

Doogles said:

I called for 11 wins minimum and a P12 championship in my declaration of doogdom.

I'm not letting any of you that didn't Chincredible it back on the wagon.

http://forum.hardcorehusky.com/discussion/31520/im-going-full-doog-one-last-time/p1

Looks like @Mad_Son is shit out of luck
    I don't get it...