Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Thinking Back To August

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
We were hoping for an above average offense. We ended up getting one of the best offenses in the country.

I read today that Gaskin is leading the PAC 12 in rushing. Browning has the best passer rating of all P-5 QB's. Coleman is leading the country in YPC for anyone with at least 50 carries.

Weak schedule or not, this offense is elite. We played dreck the past two years and the offense was terrible.

This is the best OL since at least 2000, if not '96 or '97. Ross and Pettis ball out every game. The other WR's, especially Chico have played well too.

Can anyone here honestly say they saw this coming?

Comments

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Um, no. I expected what we've seen defensively. I did not expect to have the best WR corps and the best OL in the P12. And Coleman -- da fuq did this come from?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,001
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Nope. I thought this was the 9-3 year or maybe 10-2. I didn't see Oregon and Stanford sucking like this though. 2017 was going to be (hopefully) the top five year if everything absolutely went perfectly.

People were bitching about the offensive line and other things incessantly in the cream puff games. I probably did too at some point. But people were losing their minds because the 35-3 lead over Rutgers or whatever wasn't done correctly apparently.

I probably would have taken the sixth best offense in the Pac 12 six weeks ago TBH (just learned that acronym from Millennials).
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,811
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

We were hoping for an above average offense. We ended up getting one of the best offenses in the country.

I read today that Gaskin is leading the PAC 12 in rushing. Browning has the best passer rating of all P-5 QB's. Coleman is leading the country in YPC for anyone with at least 50 carries.

Weak schedule or not, this offense is elite. We played dreck the past two years and the offense was terrible.

This is the best OL since at least 2000, if not '96 or '97. Ross and Pettis ball out every game. The other WR's, especially Chico have played well too.

Can anyone here honestly say they saw this coming?

TTJ said:

Um, no. I expected what we've seen defensively. I did not expect to have the best WR corps and the best OL in the P12. And Coleman -- da fuq did this come from?

A little something called player development.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I didn't see this big of improvement coming but I did think it would get better.

I don't understand how it was so hard for people on this board to realize that all the linemen Sark left were dogshit and you can't just recruit a starting freshman oline to be elite. Our offense was so bad partially to JS but mostly because you can't develop plays when the defenders are already in the backfield right after the snap. Felt like everyone here thought a good coach should be able to coach dogshit into elite just because good coaching herp derp.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,811
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I didn't see this big of improvement coming but I did think it would get better.

I don't understand how it was so hard for people on this board to realize that all the linemen Sark left were dogshit and you can't just recruit a starting freshman oline to be elite. Our offense was so bad partially to JS but mostly because you can't develop plays when the defenders are already in the backfield right after the snap. Felt like everyone here thought a good coach should be able to coach dogshit into elite just because good coaching herp derp.

*bored
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yes, I expected this.

Petersen's player development has been unreal, and unlike last year, UW doesn't have true freshman at the 3 most important positions on offense. In addition, every other team in the Pac-12 lost a shit load of experience last year.

I would love to see a post that predicted Browning being a Heisman contender or having the best offense in the conference.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Pretty sure @HeretoBeatmyChest did.

I know he was bullish on UW, but I don't recall him ever talking about an offense this good.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

We don't know for sure if they are good, great, or ELITE yet. So LIPO.

13-0 or GTFO. Then we can find out how good they actually are in the playoffs.

Those are now the standards J. You're still being the opposite of a Tequilla, Aubbie type of doog. They aren't putting up 30 a game. They regularly put up 40+ and running out the clock in every game except Arizona. A bad game doesn't make them not elite. Quit the Ricky Bobby act.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

We don't know for sure if they are good, great, or ELITE yet. So LIPO.

13-0 or GTFO. Then we can find out how good they actually are in the playoffs.

Those are now the standards J. You're still being the opposite of a Tequilla, Aubbie type of doog. They aren't putting up 30 a game. They regularly put up 40+ and running out the clock in every game except Arizona. A bad game doesn't make them not elite. Quit the Ricky Bobby act.
    Perhaps we have a different definition of elite. Ever think of that?

Lots of teams put up big numbers in the modern age of football. No doubt this offense is good and much improved. Elite means you can do it against the best competition and we haven't played anyone close to that.

In order to be elite you have succeed against elite competition, such as a playoff team.