Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Thoughts from the Weekend

MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
Super quick thoughts...

I felt oddly dissatisfied with our? win over Oregon State. On the one hand, the game was never in doubt and we were in cruise control for the most part. I guess my appetite for Husky football is now all about high energy, full plungerings, but to be fair, the coaches probably know that to win the season long marathon you have to work the horses without burning them out. Browning threw some bad balls and seems to be some kind of obsession with making John Ross the world's most accomplished receiver... wish he'd throw it around a bit more. Pettis has emerged - wow, just wow. After our Arizona game and last night's, I"m a little concerned about our run defense against ASU with their catalog of broken plays.

Ohio State finally ran out of their own version of broken play success with JT Barrett and lost to Penn State. Can we finally stop talking about how amazing a 9 loss Wisconsin is?

UCLA is awful. Stanford...holy fuck awful.

Larry Scott looks like a fucking genius because 2 of his best 3 teams are the noobs. Just kidding. Die in a fire Larry. You single handedly killed Jake Brownings heisman campaign because only 2 of his games will be on a tv station that people can access.

Comments

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    They're just thoughts not facts. Stop twisting.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Ah right. I forgot. Will update when I get home. Also forgot to include adding the additional $1,000,000 that Tom Herman has misplaced for the 3rd week in a row.
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,731
    I come to hardcorehusky.com for all my huskyfanpodcast hot takes.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180

Where's your $5 wine of the week @Meek ?

Fucking this. And more importantly, is it available at the Veeeno @ the Landing? How much per bottle? Per glass? Per gallon? Is there a bulk discount if you buy more than 50 bottles? Does it drink like a cab??!?? Do they have the Pac-12 Network? In HD? How about FS1?

I'll take your call off the air.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    jecornel said:

Feed Ross and feed him some more. Why would you want less of Ross?

I believe Browning gave fuller and Pettis TDs.

Pretty nit picky for 7-0 and first quarter destruction of the beavs.

Ya Browning threw a few shitty balls.

This was the perfect game for the coaches to crawl up and camp in their assholes.

Everyone said was the first true test was Stanford and now all the sudden Utah is the first real test. what a load shit.

UCLA put 50 on their loser asses and Troy Williams is going to piss himself on Saturday.

Fuller and Pettis were wide fucking open.

But still.

The point is that you dont want to acquire bad habits by letting off the gas.
  • halfbrainmanmolderhalfbrainmanmolder Member Posts: 214

jecornel said:

Feed Ross and feed him some more. Why would you want less of Ross?

I believe Browning gave fuller and Pettis TDs.

Pretty nit picky for 7-0 and first quarter destruction of the beavs.

Ya Browning threw a few shitty balls.

This was the perfect game for the coaches to crawl up and camp in their assholes.

Everyone said was the first true test was Stanford and now all the sudden Utah is the first real test. what a load shit.

UCLA put 50 on their loser asses and Troy Williams is going to piss himself on Saturday.

Fuller and Pettis were wide fucking open.

But still.

The point is that you dont want to acquire bad habits by letting off the gas.
    One game does not a habit make. Up 31-0 at the half against OSU, this is arguably the best game/time to let off gas a bit. Looking ahead, can't imagine which game the players will let off the gas again -- maybe ASU at home if we are up by similar margin at the half. Utah, Cal and WSU on the road and all can put up big numbers in a hurry (didn't think Utah could but then they hang over 50 on UCLA -- a better defense in Pac 12 till that game). No one is going to take USC lightly even if we are up by 31-0 at the half. So not worried about letting off the gas becomes a habit.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Inside the Husky Lockeroom by HH
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,893 Founders Club
    Should have just kneeled every play of the 2nd half and run out the clock while the fans got wasted in the ZONE. That would have been the classy thing to do.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,332 Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

Should have just kneeled every play of the 2nd half and run out the clock while the fans got wasted in the ZONE. That would have been the classy thing to do.

Am wishing the drunk fucking Indian in front of me and his buddies would have stayed there.

Wanted to say something but my fragile bones would have been broken by those savages. A man needs to know his limitations.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    HuskyJW said:

PurpleJ said:

Am wishing the drunk fucking Indian in front of me and his buddies would have stayed there.

Wanted to say something but my fragile bones would have been broken by those savages. A man needs to know his limitations.
    What do you call a white guy surrounded by Indigenous Americans?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,424 Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyJW said:

PurpleJ said:

What do you call a white guy surrounded by Indigenous Americans?
    J on the rez?