Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Season starts in Utah

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
I remember thinking before the season that if we could just get the monkey off our backs and win in the desert, and somehow keep it together for the huge games against the two behemoths (Tree and Duck) that all we would have to trip us up at the end were USC and possibly Utah.

I couldn't even imagine how much Stanford would regress in a year, and while I knew Duck was slipping, a never saw a complete implosion. Well, the only two "beat you any given Saturday" teams left are USC and Utah, so I got that part right. Cal, Coug and ASU all suck, but they will beat you if you play like we played the second half last night.

Anyway, PAC12 sucks, PAC12 network sucks, our season is only 5 games long and it starts next week. Go 5-0 and see the CFP in person as total bad asses, blow one and see the Rose Bowl as sort of bad asses, blow two and sit at home fingering your butthole as the 10-2 team that nobody gives a shit about.

Comments

• Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I still think WSU could trip UW up, being a rivalry game and all
  • Options
    Founders Club

I think any of the three suck teams could trip us up, because none of them suck as bad as most of the dreck we have played. I think Cal, WSU and ASU could probably all three be better than any team we have played yet. They suck, but they suck way less than the Oregon dreck, Rutgers or Zona.

We should beat all the teams left on our schedule, but any of the 5 of them could buttfuck our season.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    The season definitely looks different now. Utah, USC and WSU look like real tests but they can't sleep on anyone at this point. ASU has had this program's number for a long time and Cal has surprised them.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Yep. All 5 of these games scare me well ASU just because of history not because of the team, but the other 4 teams scare me. I'd probably pick UW to win in each of them, but my confidence isn't high enough to say we win all of them. Utah is probably the best of the bunch, plus they have hfa. Thankfully I don't think we will overlook them. We probably plunger then but if a few things go against us it could be real interesting real quick.

I'm a nervous wreck.

On the upside, it's been a long ass time since I cared enough to be a wreck before a game, so we have that going for us, which is nice.

So true. It's weird to be having seeding and real bowl projection discussions in October. Just think, if we win next weekend we roll into November with legit chances at both the CFP or Rose Bowl. When is the last November we played a meaningful game? 2000
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

In all fairness everyone saying "The season starts..." was due to ignorance. Couldn't blame us for thinking that of Stanford, and that Arizona game was actually the only true toe-to-toe game we've had so far--but we all know how we were in the Desert.

So it's only been twice as far as I recall. The season really does start in Utah though. They are actually a team who has proven themself with atleast -some- pedigree, mid-season.

And to make it worse after Ohio state losing I'm safe to say we are IN. That means we are a playoff team, which mean everyone will be hitting us harder, faster and more serious, knowing this.

Have to be alot more clairvoyant now.

PAC 12 refs to the rescue
  • Options
    CascadiaBoundCascadiaBound Member Posts: 47
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic

In all fairness everyone saying "The season starts..." was due to ignorance. Couldn't blame us for thinking that of Stanford, and that Arizona game was actually the only true toe-to-toe game we've had so far--but we all know how we were in the Desert.

So it's only been twice as far as I recall. The season really does start in Utah though. They are actually a team who has proven themself with atleast -some- pedigree, mid-season.

And to make it worse after Ohio state losing I'm safe to say we are IN. That means we are a playoff team, which mean everyone will be hitting us harder, faster and more serious, knowing this.

PAC 12 refs to the rescue
    Sssssshhhh, don't speaketh it.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Ohio State losing didn't matter to UW. It has always been win out and we are in. One loss and we probably are not in unless there is a lot more chaos.

Clairvoyant?
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye said:

I remember thinking before the season that if we could just get the monkey off our backs and win in the desert, and somehow keep it together for the huge games against the two behemoths (Tree and Duck) that all we would have to trip us up at the end were USC and possibly Utah.

I couldn't even imagine how much Stanford would regress in a year, and while I knew Duck was slipping, a never saw a complete implosion. Well, the only two "beat you any given Saturday" teams left are USC and Utah, so I got that part right. Cal, Coug and ASU all suck, but they will beat you if you play like we played the second half last night.

Anyway, PAC12 sucks, PAC12 network sucks, our season is only 5 games long and it starts next week. Go 5-0 and see the CFP in person as total bad asses, blow one and see the Rose Bowl as sort of bad asses, blow two and sit at home fingering your butthole as the 10-2 team that nobody gives a shit about.

Yes Utah but Cuogs could definitely trip us...

Apple Cup
    Pullman
    November

USC good but at home.

• Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    doogie said:

Peterman has never had to face a ranked Washington State in front of 28,000 screaming Cougar fans
    Except 2014
  • Options
    PatHadenFSPatHadenFS Member Posts: 542
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    Chin'd for:
    Swaye said:

I am ... hard, red and 7"

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,783
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    As far as last night went, I stopped watching at halftime because I had other things to do and it was over. I think the players knew it was over too. I listened online to part of the third (good to hear Rondeau again, Damon Huard....wtf...you replaced Chuck Nelson with that idiot?) so I know at least part of the second half is on the first string. I'll take a comfortable lead and not covering over almost blowing a game, or struggling to put away an inferior opponent any day. Coach Petersen will address it.

Utah is not a great team. USC probably would have beaten them with a good coach, which they don't hire anymore anymore. Kal did beat them. They're at best maybe a top 15 team. If the Huskies play their game, they win it. I'm still worried that some team will trip them up at some point. I can't buy in to 13-0 and playing Clumpson from being 4-6 last November yet. It's a big leap.