Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sark post-game quote

2»

Comments

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

TheHB said:

The call at the end was correct.

The coaching throughout the game should have never put UW in position to lose on a boof call.

Your logic is as sound as it gets.

I just believe in letting the kids play.

So do I. The idiots who made the rule that the hit on the punt return is illegal are guilty of violating the "let the kids play" principle.

4th and 10? it was close, but with the benefit of camera technology, you could clearly see the ball hit the ground.

that rule has been in place since the beginning, so I can't really say that call was bullshit. a smart coach snaps the ball immediately to put it away, but the call itself ... can't complain too much.

were we better? hard to say. I think we matched up with them. I think we had the best running back, quarterback and, probably, wrs, on the field. their o and d lines were better. dbs? I'd give that one a draw.

what I'm left with is this: I really don't know how good we are because now I don't really know how good Stanford is. it may be that we're both really fucking good, but with each passing week our win against Illinois looks less and less cool, and Boise State is as mediocre as all get out. Furd has the win against ASU, but I'm starting to wonder about that one too.

the one early season win that is starting to ring a bell for me is the beat down Oregon put on Tennessee. No, not the 1998 version of Tennessee, but a Tennessee team that is in all their games against top flight competition. Easily could have beaten Georgia yesterday and had Florida on the ropes at home until the end of the game. Oregon could seriously have hung 100 pts. on the Vols. That one is making me think.

On the positive, I don't think Dat will be at full speed next week, and that fucker is a game changer.
    I see enough on the first challenge with Stanford to overturn, I don't, and maybe I need to see an eye doctor, see it on the 4-10 call.

The Stanford coach said with his clear line it appeared to be a catch.

It is what it is, however, with the lack of indisputable evidence the call on the field should stand, especially in a game changing play.

The rest of what you say is fact. Tennessee is better than what some think,

If UW plays Oregon as close as they did Stanford, this team is for real.

Oregon is the best team in the country, and it's not close.
    When did Alabama lose?

Don't be AuburndawgFS
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

TheHB said:

The coaching throughout the game should have never put UW in position to lose on a boof call.

So do I. The idiots who made the rule that the hit on the punt return is illegal are guilty of violating the "let the kids play" principle.

4th and 10? it was close, but with the benefit of camera technology, you could clearly see the ball hit the ground.

that rule has been in place since the beginning, so I can't really say that call was bullshit. a smart coach snaps the ball immediately to put it away, but the call itself ... can't complain too much.

were we better? hard to say. I think we matched up with them. I think we had the best running back, quarterback and, probably, wrs, on the field. their o and d lines were better. dbs? I'd give that one a draw.

what I'm left with is this: I really don't know how good we are because now I don't really know how good Stanford is. it may be that we're both really fucking good, but with each passing week our win against Illinois looks less and less cool, and Boise State is as mediocre as all get out. Furd has the win against ASU, but I'm starting to wonder about that one too.

the one early season win that is starting to ring a bell for me is the beat down Oregon put on Tennessee. No, not the 1998 version of Tennessee, but a Tennessee team that is in all their games against top flight competition. Easily could have beaten Georgia yesterday and had Florida on the ropes at home until the end of the game. Oregon could seriously have hung 100 pts. on the Vols. That one is making me think.

On the positive, I don't think Dat will be at full speed next week, and that fucker is a game changer.
    I see enough on the first challenge with Stanford to overturn, I don't, and maybe I need to see an eye doctor, see it on the 4-10 call.

The Stanford coach said with his clear line it appeared to be a catch.

It is what it is, however, with the lack of indisputable evidence the call on the field should stand, especially in a game changing play.

The rest of what you say is fact. Tennessee is better than what some think,

If UW plays Oregon as close as they did Stanford, this team is for real.

Oregon is the best team in the country, and it's not close.
    When did Alabama lose?

Don't be AuburndawgFS
    Fine. Tell me what Oregon has done to prove they are better than Alabama.

Plunger raping the #94 schedule in the country is great, but it doesn't prove to me that Oregon is clearly better than Alabama.

LIFPO.

Plunger raping the #94 schedule in the country is great, but it doesn't prove to me that Oregon is clearly better than Alabama.

LIFPO.

Their record and way of winning speaks for itself.

If you think Alabama is the best team in the country, you're basing it on last year.

Or you have watched enough of their game to make an informed decision, which I will be anxious to read.

topdawgnc said:

TheHB said:

Just saw the still shots on another thread.

Pass incomplete.
  • I'd go with Alabama until proven otherwise. Look Oregon hasn't played anyone to declare them as the best team.

UW would be 5-0 with 5 plunger rapes with that schedule so far. Their OOC was terrible and they played the two worst teams in conference.

You'll find out a lot about Oregon next four weeks with at Washington, vs WSU, vs UCLA and at Stanford.

If they kill those four teams feel free to praise them. I actually think they are going to drop one of those games and have a fight in at least two of those games.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    topdawgnc said:

LIFPO.

If you think Alabama is the best team in the country, you're basing it on last year.

Or you have watched enough of their game to make an informed decision, which I will be anxious to read.

Based on your logic, why isn't Baylor the best team in the country?

I'm basing my choice of Alabama on their performance over the past five years as well as the fact that they have the only road win against a top 10 team this year.

I know Alabama can beat other great teams. I haven't seen Oregon or Baylor do that yet.

Based on your logic, why isn't Baylor the best team in the country?

I'm basing my choice of Alabama on their performance over the past five years as well as the fact that they have the only road win against a top 10 team this year.

I know Alabama can beat other great teams. I haven't seen Oregon or Baylor do that yet.

---

Too funny.

Nice straw man by throwing Baylor in there.

Like Alabama Oregon has been 1 or 2 in their conference for the past 5 years. And one of the top 5 teams in the country.

Tennessee is no push over, and traveling 3 time zones and playing at the same level is not easy either.

On a neutral field, Oregon beats Alabama in 2013 ...