Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sark post-game quote

gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,735 Swaye's Wigwam
edited October 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
what a complete douche. It's not the job of the official to decide on emotion. Sounds like such a Seattle participant AYSO ribbon kind of comment. Johnny really tried hard, he put all his emotion into it.

hey nob, the game got won "on the field" by your special teams being completely fucking inept, to go along with some serious coaching mistakes (kicking short, not hiking the ball immediately after the last possible catch).

----

"It's unfortunate the game had to come down to a judgment call like that," Huskies coach Steve Sarkisian said. "That part was unfortunate because it was two good football teams battling and competing with one another and I wish the game would have got won on the field and not in the booth upstairs with some guy that didn't get to feel the emotion in the hard-fought football game that game was."

Comments

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,174
    gmo said:

what a complete douche. It's not the job of the official to decide on emotion. Sounds like such a Seattle participant AYSO ribbon kind of comment. Johnny really tried hard, he put all his emotion into it.

hey nob, the game got won "on the field" by your special teams being completely fucking inept, to go along with some serious coaching mistakes (kicking short, not hiking the ball immediately after the last possible catch).

----

"It's unfortunate the game had to come down to a judgment call like that," Huskies coach Steve Sarkisian said. "That part was unfortunate because it was two good football teams battling and competing with one another and I wish the game would have got won on the field and not in the booth upstairs with some guy that didn't get to feel the emotion in the hard-fought football game that game was."

The game came down to an ASJ drop.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    Gawd he's such a whiner
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Mad_Son said:

gmo said:

----

You try and catch a ball with chicken grease on your fingers mother fucker.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    Sark in the press conference leading into the Holiday Bowl:

"In reality, we beat Stanford but it was taken away from us. So we're actually a 10-2 football team and we feel pretty good about ourselves."

• puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Mad_Son said:

gmo said:

----

thank you. By a supposed all american

Mad_Son said:

gmo said:

----

Judges will also accept:

#1 - Giving up 99 yard KO return for TD to start the game

#2 - Pooch kicking at end of the half to give Stanford a short field

#3 - Giving up 72 yard KO return putting Stanford at the UW 19

#4 - Giving up 5 fucking sacks because this piece of shit head coach can't or won't recruit O-linemen

#5 - Having a fucktarded Armenian as the head coach

I'm a doog for thinking this way.

But your list proves the team, the kids on the field, were better than Stanford.

And it is fucking bullshit a fucking ref in the boof made the final call of the game.

If the kids are allowed to play ... UW wins this game outright.

Stanford was winded ... and on the play after the 4-10 catch, Stanford was not set and it was a free play because a Stanford player was behind Price and limping.

To use an analogy this is a boxer who lost the first 14 rounds, had the champ on the ropes and the ref called the fight ... for the champ.

This game was lost on bad coaching ... but the call at the end was bullshit.
    TheHB said:

The call at the end was correct.

The coaching throughout the game should have never put UW in position to lose on a boof call.

Your logic is as sound as it gets.

I just believe in letting the kids play.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    gmo said:

----

The game shouldn't have been close, we outgained them 480 to 280 and 30 first downs to 14. I don't want to hear that whiny shit.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    topdawgnc said:

Mad_Son said:

gmo said:

----

Judges will also accept:

#4 - Giving up 5 fucking sacks because this piece of shit head coach can't or won't recruit O-linemen

But your list proves the team, the kids on the field, were better than Stanford.

And it is fucking bullshit a fucking ref in the boof made the final call of the game.

Stanford was winded ... and on the play after the 4-10 catch, Stanford was not set and it was a free play because a Stanford player was behind Price and limping.

To use an analogy this is a boxer who lost the first 14 rounds, had the champ on the ropes and the ref called the fight ... for the champ.

It's bullshit to think that replay should only be used for the first 58 minutes of the game.

Every play matters the same and you treat every play equally. Otherwise, you have the credibility of the NBA.

topdawgnc said:

Mad_Son said:

gmo said:

----

Judges will also accept:

It's bullshit to think that replay should only be used for the first 58 minutes of the game.

Every play matters the same and you treat every play equally. Otherwise, you have the credibility of the NBA.
    I've looked at that replay a million different times on million different televisions. And I can't see it.

Never said it shouldn't have been stopped to look at the play.

I just don't see where there was enough evidence to reverse.

The one Stanford challenged, yes I could see that one getting overturned.
    topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Mad_Son said:

gmo said:

----

Judges will also accept:

I've looked at that replay a million different times on million different televisions. And I can't see it.

If you can't see the ball on the ground, you need to see an optometrist.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Mad_Son said:

gmo said:

----

Judges will also accept:

??

You keep repeating this. No one is debating the ball touched the ground. Are you familiar with the standard of review? 1. The ball didn't bounce whatsoever. 2. Without having a different angle, what appeared from the one angle in which you could see the ball was far from indisputable. With no sense of where his other arm was, and with call on the field being a catch, so you need indisputable proof that he didn't have his arm under the ball before it touched the ground. And there was absolutely no such proof. Unless you've seen some magical camera angle that no one else has, kindly shut the fuck up.
  • I still blame that asshole dhdawg
    Gladstone said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Mad_Son said:

gmo said:

----

Judges will also accept:

??

You keep repeating this. No one is debating the ball touched the ground. Are you familiar with the standard of review? 1. The ball didn't bounce whatsoever. 2. Without having a different angle, what appeared from the one angle in which you could see the ball was far from indisputable. With no sense of where his other arm was, and with call on the field being a catch, so you need indisputable proof that he didn't have his arm under the ball before it touched the ground. And there was absolutely no such proof. Unless you've seen some magical camera angle that no one else has, kindly shut the fuck up.
    If the ball is on the ground and the receiver has not yet established control prior to going to the ground, it's an incomplete pass. His arm may have been under part of the ball, but it has to KEEP THE BALL OFF THE FUCKING GROUND in this situation for the play to be a catch.

Ball hits the ground without being controlled first = incomplete pass. The standard of review was met. There was clear evidence of an incomplete pass...you even admitted so yourself.

Stop arguing with Ref Superiority Guy when you're just wrong, especially when you don't know what the fuck you're talking about it when it comes to a completed catch.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,074
    topdawgnc said:

TheHB said:

The coaching throughout the game should have never put UW in position to lose on a boof call.

So do I. The idiots who made the rule that the hit on the punt return is illegal are guilty of violating the "let the kids play" principle.

4th and 10? it was close, but with the benefit of camera technology, you could clearly see the ball hit the ground.

that rule has been in place since the beginning, so I can't really say that call was bullshit. a smart coach snaps the ball immediately to put it away, but the call itself ... can't complain too much.

were we better? hard to say. I think we matched up with them. I think we had the best running back, quarterback and, probably, wrs, on the field. their o and d lines were better. dbs? I'd give that one a draw.

what I'm left with is this: I really don't know how good we are because now I don't really know how good Stanford is. it may be that we're both really fucking good, but with each passing week our win against Illinois looks less and less cool, and Boise State is as mediocre as all get out. Furd has the win against ASU, but I'm starting to wonder about that one too.

the one early season win that is starting to ring a bell for me is the beat down Oregon put on Tennessee. No, not the 1998 version of Tennessee, but a Tennessee team that is in all their games against top flight competition. Easily could have beaten Georgia yesterday and had Florida on the ropes at home until the end of the game. Oregon could seriously have hung 100 pts. on the Vols. That one is making me think.

On the positive, I don't think Dat will be at full speed next week, and that fucker is a game changer.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Why are we fucking talking about this? I watched the ESPN highlights, they don't think it was a missed call, so unless we wanna be a bunch of fag doogs, we need to let this go. Right or wrong call. The only reality is we're 4-1 and on tilt.

topdawgnc said:

TheHB said:

So do I. The idiots who made the rule that the hit on the punt return is illegal are guilty of violating the "let the kids play" principle.

4th and 10? it was close, but with the benefit of camera technology, you could clearly see the ball hit the ground.

that rule has been in place since the beginning, so I can't really say that call was bullshit. a smart coach snaps the ball immediately to put it away, but the call itself ... can't complain too much.

were we better? hard to say. I think we matched up with them. I think we had the best running back, quarterback and, probably, wrs, on the field. their o and d lines were better. dbs? I'd give that one a draw.

what I'm left with is this: I really don't know how good we are because now I don't really know how good Stanford is. it may be that we're both really fucking good, but with each passing week our win against Illinois looks less and less cool, and Boise State is as mediocre as all get out. Furd has the win against ASU, but I'm starting to wonder about that one too.

the one early season win that is starting to ring a bell for me is the beat down Oregon put on Tennessee. No, not the 1998 version of Tennessee, but a Tennessee team that is in all their games against top flight competition. Easily could have beaten Georgia yesterday and had Florida on the ropes at home until the end of the game. Oregon could seriously have hung 100 pts. on the Vols. That one is making me think.

On the positive, I don't think Dat will be at full speed next week, and that fucker is a game changer.
    I see enough on the first challenge with Stanford to overturn, I don't, and maybe I need to see an eye doctor, see it on the 4-10 call.

The Stanford coach said with his clear line it appeared to be a catch.

It is what it is, however, with the lack of indisputable evidence the call on the field should stand, especially in a game changing play.

The rest of what you say is fact. Tennessee is better than what some think,

If UW plays Oregon as close as they did Stanford, this team is for real.

Oregon is the best team in the country, and it's not close.
    topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

TheHB said:

I see enough on the first challenge with Stanford to overturn, I don't, and maybe I need to see an eye doctor, see it on the 4-10 call.

The Stanford coach said with his clear line it appeared to be a catch.

It is what it is, however, with the lack of indisputable evidence the call on the field should stand, especially in a game changing play.

The rest of what you say is fact. Tennessee is better than what some think,

If UW plays Oregon as close as they did Stanford, this team is for real.

Oregon is the best team in the country, and it's not close.
    When did Alabama lose?