Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Just a reminder. I called a Clinton win by 20% two months ago. I stand by that.

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

All I've seen today is a lot of the left whining and crying about Trump's election and talking about what it says about people's feelings about race and gender.

Those people are all missing the point ...

What this election SHOULD tell us all (and it is a lesson that Hillary, the Dems, etc. didn't learn from Brexit) is that while the concept of globalization makes a lot of sense in theory, the implementation of it and making sure that it provides opportunities for all parts of our country and not just those people that live in the major cities of this country has caused huge concerns, issues, and anger.

No. The election told us that Hillary Lockie was a wildly unappealing candidate.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

mobey said:

I'm not sure Trump expected to make it this far, nor wants to be Prez.

Look at his life vs the Prez life... why would he want it?

He's probably shocked about all the shit he says that seems to be brushed off.

Probably wondering what the fuck he has to do to lose.

::sniff::
    Maybe if he shot Helfrich at the 50 yard line???
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

The conventional wisdom that the GOP can't win nationally appears to be half true. They lost the pop vote again but brushed off the road map to an electoral win.

They did it by running a Democrat.

Both parties could learn something from that. The GOP doesn't need a true believer conservative evangelical to win and the Democrats could use a candidate that is closer to center without being a corporate whore

Why is Pence VP then?
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

OZONE said:

At the end of each football season, I updated my picture, to show respect to the side that beat the side I supported. This election year, it is clear that the Jed Clampetts of the country, wanted this win more, and they got it. So I will endure Jed Clampett's image for the next 365 days, to remind myself that I supported the losing side. Again.

Clearly, my side needs a new coach, better players, a new AD, and fans and boosters that care enough to not allow a coach as bad as ours at the helm. We had a shot at hiring a different coach earlier this year, but too many of our fans and boosters wanted the first female winning coach, ignoring that her fundamentals were all wrong, and that she was too corrupt to win the big one.

Our side has to start all over. We need to build a new team from the ground up, and that means better recruiting, coaching, a new AD, and fans that are paying attention. I don't know if we can do it, but I won't give up on the side that understands climate change isn't a hoax, that corporations don't deserve to spend all they want under the guise of freedom of speech, that women deserve the right to choose, and that the world's richest country shouldn't have only the 20th best healthcare system. But that is a battle that will continue for years, and isn't the point of this concession.

Today, I congratulate the Jed Clampetts of America. You won.

tl;dr you didn't learn shit Mr. Drysdale. The Clampets will keep kicking your ass
    Up voted for the Drysdale reference. But in this analogy Drysdale = Trump. Constantly deceiving the Clampetts while pretending to like granny's possum.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,780
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

At the end of each football season, I updated my picture, to show respect to the side that beat the side I supported. This election year, it is clear that the Jed Clampetts of the country, wanted this win more, and they got it. So I will endure Jed Clampett's image for the next 365 days, to remind myself that I supported the losing side. Again.

Clearly, my side needs a new coach, better players, a new AD, and fans and boosters that care enough to not allow a coach as bad as ours at the helm. We had a shot at hiring a different coach earlier this year, but too many of our fans and boosters wanted the first female winning coach, ignoring that her fundamentals were all wrong, and that she was too corrupt to win the big one.

Our side has to start all over. We need to build a new team from the ground up, and that means better recruiting, coaching, a new AD, and fans that are paying attention. I don't know if we can do it, but I won't give up on the side that understands climate change isn't a hoax, that corporations don't deserve to spend all they want under the guise of freedom of speech, that women deserve the right to choose, and that the world's richest country shouldn't have only the 20th best healthcare system. But that is a battle that will continue for years, and isn't the point of this concession.

Today, I congratulate the Jed Clampetts of America. You won.

tl;dr you didn't learn shit Mr. Drysdale. The Clampets will keep kicking your ass
    Up voted for the Drysdale reference. But in this analogy Drysdale = Trump. Constantly deceiving the Clampetts while pretending to like granny's possum.

Trump liked Granny's pussy. Grabbed it and wouldn't let go.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I voted for Gary Johnson, fuck Aleppo it ain't too big to fail.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,649
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Anyone but Hillary was also a rallying cry. The corruption that is the Clinton's and democrats as well as many republicans is the long term problem in our government.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited November 2016
    Sledog said:

Anyone but Hillary was also a rallying cry. The corruption that is the Clinton's and democrats as well as many republicans is the long term problem in our government.

Many republicans? Try all. And you know who Donald Trump is surrounding himself with now? Corrupt insiders. Trump just pulled the biggest scam in human history. And the Democrats nominated someone so bad that they couldn't fucking call it what it was.
    A lot of the same people that voted for trump in Wisconsin also voted for fucking Ron Johnson who just took millions from the Koch brothers in ads because russ feingold was kciking his ass. Marco fucking Rubio. The list never ends. Anyone who voted for trump is a useful idiot. Enjoy 4 more years of shit economics except now with massive pollution and potentially a nuclear war
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

The conventional wisdom that the GOP can't win nationally appears to be half true. They lost the pop vote again but brushed off the road map to an electoral win.

Both parties could learn something from that. The GOP doesn't need a true believer conservative evangelical to win and the Democrats could use a candidate that is closer to center without being a corporate whore

I watched George Will say this country probably is no longer center right as the GOP has long believed. He might be right. This election shows the country wants an issue candidate that doesn't get too ideological, is basically centrist when you put everything together, and is interested in putting America and it's workers first. Simple.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

I watched George Will say this country probably is no longer center right as the GOP has long believed. He might be right. This election shows the country wants an issue candidate that doesn't get too ideological, is basically centrist when you put everything together, and is interested in putting America and it's workers first. Simple.
    George Will is a whiny B that absolutely hated Reagan when Reagan was elected. He talked endlessly about the end of the party back then, so I wouldn't put much stock into what he is saying now.

I'm not saying Trump is Reagan, but I am saying Will is a drippy c.
    I have no love for George Will, but he might be right. I think a lot of smart people are trying to understand if traditional "left right" politics make sense anymore. Look at Trump. He isn't conservative or liberal, he is both, depending on the issue. And he won.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

George Will is a whiny B that absolutely hated Reagan when Reagan was elected. He talked endlessly about the end of the party back then, so I wouldn't put much stock into what he is saying now.

I have no love for George Will, but he might be right. I think a lot of smart people are trying to understand if traditional "left right" politics make sense anymore. Look at Trump. He isn't conservative or liberal, he is both, depending on the issue. And he won.
    I also have no love for George Will, but agree he may be right. By the way, Reagan was much more "classical liberal", than true conservative. Will is a conservative, this disparity in political leaning was at the core of Will's issues with Reagan. His issues with Trump are also based on a schism between their political leanings, but with Trump, it also has to do with Trump's public behavior and rhetoric that can make many people cringe at times, coupled with some of Trump's political leanings that are far more left of center than any conservative can endorse. Trump is a lifelong New York Democrat after all, and it's ironic, but those on the left throwing rocks at him right now actually have more in common with him than they realize.

Anyway, IMO, except for the Millennial (and younger) generation that has been thoroughly indoctrinated with regressive/progressive left wing ideology, most Americans are more or less "classical liberals" at their core, though most don't vote that way until they wake up. Unfortunately it took eight years of progressive oppression for them to finally wake up.

This election was about many things, economic and cultural, but at it's center was a big fuck you to Obama's legacy and Hillary's attempt to carry the baton. The best part of this whole thing has been a strange form of Morning in America ... again, that has been Mourning in America for CNN, MSNBC, Daily Kos, Huffington Post, New York Times, Washington Post, ... and many many more that were completely in the tank for Hillary. The meltdown has been epic and enormously satisfying to witness.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Trump vs. Soros is gonna be epic
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

He may be right, he may be wrong, but Will is a drippy C.

Reagan came in and won, and in the process redefined what "conservative" was to the Republican party. Remember the Republican party of Nixon include price controls and lots of other things that are considered anything but conservative now, and hell even Reagan was not traditionally conservative on lots of things as well...he was known to slap tariffs on imports as an example.

The bigger story really is the trainwreck that is the Democratic Party...they have the least amount of power in a long time, the "leadership" is the washed up Clinton camp, and nobody really knows who the next leaders are going to be in their group and what they are going to be running on.

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Reagan came in and won, and in the process redefined what "conservative" was to the Republican party. Remember the Republican party of Nixon include price controls and lots of other things that are considered anything but conservative now, and hell even Reagan was not traditionally conservative on lots of things as well...he was known to slap tariffs on imports as an example.

The bigger story really is the trainwreck that is the Democratic Party...they have the least amount of power in a long time, the "leadership" is the washed up Clinton camp, and nobody really knows who the next leaders are going to be in their group and what they are going to be running on.

Great poast. The narrative prior to #Trexit was the death of the Republican party. By winning the presidency, both houses of congress, and 33 governorships, that narrative is now as dead as Garland's appointment to the supreme court. The real story here is the trainwreck that is the Democrat Party. Praise be Pat Haden.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Great poast. The narrative prior to #Trexit was the death of the Republican party. By winning the presidency, both houses of congress, and 33 governorships, that narrative is now as dead as Garland's appointment to the supreme court. The real story here is the trainwreck that is the Democrat Party. Praise be Pat Haden.
    The GOP is still in trouble. They just lost the popular vote to the worst major party presidential candidate of all time. Demographics changes are still trending in the wrong direction. This was a nice dead cat bounce for the GOP, but they're fools if they think this means they're safe. They still have major issues they need to fix stat if they want to be at all relevant in 15 years.

This at least buys them a little time to get their shit together or put Sven in charge, but the smart money says they think this is a vote of confidence for their old ways. If they take it that way they'll still fall apart very soon.
    They are fools who think they are safe, until proven otherwise.