Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Did it hit the ground official thread

Comments

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,636
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    What is pool boy think he is going to say?
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    But the call took way too fucking long. Which means by definition the evidence was not indisputable and the call should not have been overturned.

It is like they talked themselves into the call.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

But the call took way too fucking long. Which means by definition the evidence was not indisputable and the call should not have been overturned.

I agree. I think it was incomplete and it was somewhat evident, but to call the angles we got conclusive is bullshit. The refs didn't want Stanford to get fucked over by an iffy call. That said, no excuse for the KR for TD by Montgomery and the pooch kick at the end of the 2nd. If doogs want to blame the refs, they need to look at their own fuck ups first. We had ample opportunity to win this game.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

It takes longer when you have to reverse, because you have to figure out where to move the ball and what the clock should be.

"Taking too long" doesn't mean anything. Knowing the Pac-12 and ESPN, it might have taken them three minutes to load the video to be frame-by-frame and shit.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I am inebriated beyond the telling of it. This loss hurts. I hope no one blames any shred of this game on Keith. The guy is such a fucking warrior and did everything to bring him back. He is top 5 all time UW QB and anyone who says otherwise is fucking stupid.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    It's hilarious to me that any of you drones is even attempting to claim that this blurry bullshit even begins to prove anything. Tell me, where is his right hand? Where is this ball relative to the ground? You don't have any of the screenshots you need.
  • Options
    TTJ said:

It's hilarious to me that any of you drones is even attempting to claim that this blurry bullshit even begins to prove anything. Tell me, where is his right hand? Where is this ball relative to the ground? You don't have any of the screenshots you need.

Those of us who aren't poor terrorists can frame by frame this on our DVRs.

From the side angle, the ball is between his two arms. From the angle behind Smith, the ball is clearly on the ground.

It's an incomplete pass.

Hope this helps.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    TTJ said:

Agreed, the right hand could very well be under the ball.

• Options
    dnc said:

TTJ said:

The right hand is clearly not under the ball:

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    Sven = pressing. Extraordinarily badly.

Serious friend, stop now.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Where is his right hand though Boobie. It probably is incomplete, but CONCLUSIVE.... I haven't seen it yet. Don't forget, they called a complete pass.
  • Options

dnc said:

TTJ said:

disagree. You can't see the front half of the ball. It's not likely, but it's certainly possible there's a hand under there.
  • Options

Where is his right hand though Boobie. It probably is incomplete, but CONCLUSIVE.... I haven't seen it yet. Don't forget, they called a complete pass.

Protip: His right hand IS NOT under the ball. If it was, you wouldn't see the clear curvature of the football in that picture.

If you don't think this evidence is conclusive, you probably served on the OJ jury.

Maybe this evidence will convince you:

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Boobie, I appreciate the humor, but we have different interpretations of conclusive evidence.
  • Options

Boobie, I appreciate the humor, but we have different interpretations of conclusive evidence.

Silly me. I think conclusive evidence of a ball on the ground is conclusive evidence of an incomplete pass.
  • Options

Silly me. I think conclusive evidence of a ball on the ground is conclusive evidence of an incomplete pass.
    I like that you answer to Boobie

• Options
    dnc said:

I like that you answer to Boobie

I was hoping that you would like my tribute to Blackie more.
  • Options
    DoubleJDawgDoubleJDawg Member Posts: 598
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Ball hit the ground

Should we consider this another Kevin smith drop? Thought he had a pretty good chance at making the catch
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

TTJ said:

disagree. You can't see the front half of the ball. It's not likely, but it's certainly possible there's a hand under there.
    That doesn't matter. If you're using the ground to help you make the catch, it's an incomplete pass. If ANY part of the ball hits the ground in this scenario, it's an incomplete pass.

Ref Superiority Guy.

• Options

Ball hit the ground

Should we consider this another Kevin smith drop? Thought he had a pretty good chance at making the catch

Absolutely it's another drop. He should have caught the ball.