Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Did it hit the ground official thread

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You can't tell from the replay, but it looked like it did. That said, unless they can show us the replay the refs used, it was a bullshit call. I thought it had to be UNDISPUTABLE evidence.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

You can't tell from the replay, but it looked like it did. That said, unless they can show us the replay the refs used, it was a bullshit call. I thought it had to be UNDISPUTABLE evidence.

Ball on the ground = indisputable evidence.

HTH
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I strongly suspect the ball hit the ground. But the replays prove *nothing*. Wrong call.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    NO FUCKING WAY THERE WAS ENOUGH FUCKING EVIDENCE TO OVERTURN THE CALL ON THE FUCKING FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,636
    Standard Supporter
    Sorry guys it was clear it hit the ground... you aren't choosing reality
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited October 2013
  • Options
    TTJ said:

I strongly suspect the ball hit the ground. But the replays prove *nothing*. Wrong call.

I'm looking at a still frame on my DVR right now of the ball on the ground.

Here:

And I'm too lazy to get a screen gap of the side view, but you can clearly see the ball between Smith's arms from that angle.

Add the two angles up and you get an incomplete pass.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,185
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Of course it hit the ground. But Pac-12 refs cost us the game, everyone says so.

A loss is a fucking loss. There are THREE phases to the game and when you get dominated in one of them, you deserve to lose. Offense was fine, defense was alright against an average QB.

Think we're winning one of the next two? If you do, you might be a doog.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

HTH
    I think it hit the ground, but they didn't show us a good angle to show that it clearly hit the ground, which would be indisputable evidence. They didn't call an incomplete pass, they called a complete pass meaning it should have been hard to overturn.

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    MelloDawg said:

Of course it hit the ground. But Pac-12 refs cost us the game, everyone says so.

A loss is a fucking loss. There are THREE phases to the game and when you get dominated in one of them, you deserve to lose. Offense was fine, defense was alright against an average QB.

I don't think it's doogish to think we might win at ASU, I'm not gonna predict it but I think we may win
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    No huddle O was too slow after that catch.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,704
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

we beat asu and possibly beat oregon. fuck off.
  • Options

HTH
    I think it hit the ground, but they didn't show us a good angle to show that it clearly hit the ground, which would be indisputable evidence. They didn't call an incomplete pass, they called a complete pass meaning it should have been hard to overturn.

The video evidence shows the ball on the ground. What more do you want?
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

MelloDawg said:

I don't think it's doogish to think we might win at ASU, I'm not gonna predict it but I think we may win
    Play like they did today, and UW beats ASU in Tempe by three touchdowns.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,943
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

We probably beat ASU.

Oregon looks like a machine but they haven't really played anyone inside the top 40... Tennessee might be the 7th or 8th best SEC team... and the SEC is overrated as usual.
  • Options
    jmc84jmc84 Member Posts: 499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    We're going to beat ASU, and I think we'll beat UCLA too. This team is good enough to win 10 games, and fuck Sark if we don't.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,636
    Standard Supporter
    Boobs, its you and me against the world convincing people to see reality.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    jmc84 said:

We're going to beat ASU, and I think we'll beat UCLA too. This team is good enough to win 10 games, and fuck Sark if we don't.

10 and 2 and it will be hard to be bitter. The goalpost movers can, but I will be happy with it.

• Options
    jecornel said:

Boobs, its you and me against the world convincing people to see reality.

Yep.

@A_Jude 5m
    UW AD Scott Woodward told me he's already been in contact with the Pac-12 office tonight about the replay. Not unusual for ADs to do that.