Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Strong's couch being measured

2»

Comments

• Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    So Herman to Texas, LSU, ND, or USC.
    I think UT fans would be the easiest to please with the talent he could draw there.
    I could see LSU sucking for a decade as they will go through 3-4 coaches who can't match Miles.
    I think SC will have to stay with Helton for at least 3 years. They'd potentially owe $30-40 million to Sark and Helton over the next 4 years.
    ND isn't a great HC destination IMO anymore. The recruiting has really fallen off the past 15 years.

Auburn fans are getting restless too, but who wants to be Bama's rival coach?
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    priapism said:

So Herman to Texas, LSU, ND, or USC.
    I think UT fans would be the easiest to please with the talent he could draw there.
    I could see LSU sucking for a decade as they will go through 3-4 coaches who can't match Miles.
    I think SC will have to stay with Helton for at least 3 years. They'd potentially owe $30-40 million to Sark and Helton over the next 4 years.
    ND isn't a great HC destination IMO anymore. The recruiting has really fallen off the past 15 years.

Auburn fans are getting restless too, but who wants to be Bama's rival coach?

ND has been top 15 in recruiting ever since Weis.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,479
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

dnc said:

USC has made one decent hiring decision in the past 40 year and that one was by accident.

Forgive me if I'm not super worried.

Charlie Strong is donezo - shoulda stayed at Louisville.

Louisville now disagrees. They may change their mind when Petrino is offered a mega deal they can't match, but for now, they won the sweepstakes.

Mostly agree on USC, though they could get lucky again, and if they do, watch out. Herman won't likely be the guy though. I'm hearing Texas had $100M in booster money lined up for Saban. I'd be surprised if they offer that to Herman, but they will be able to set the market for him. I doubt USC wants to get into a bidding war with them over any coach, and Herman is most likely Texas' top target.
    I'll say it right now - Saban will win at least one more natty at Bama. If he goes to Texas for 100 million he won't win shit
    I can't see Saban changing gigs at this stage of his career. If he spurned Texas two years ago (when there was at least some whispers in Tuscaloosa that the game had passed him and he couldn't handle the spread offense), there's no way in hell he's jumping now after another natty and likely wire to wire natty.
    In defense of Saban:

Wood plow/hit/pound. Sabundance.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

USC has made one decent hiring decision in the past 40 year and that one was by accident.

Forgive me if I'm not super worried.

Charlie Strong is donezo - shoulda stayed at Louisville.

Louisville now disagrees. They may change their mind when Petrino is offered a mega deal they can't match, but for now, they won the sweepstakes.

Mostly agree on USC, though they could get lucky again, and if they do, watch out. Herman won't likely be the guy though. I'm hearing Texas had $100M in booster money lined up for Saban. I'd be surprised if they offer that to Herman, but they will be able to set the market for him. I doubt USC wants to get into a bidding war with them over any coach, and Herman is most likely Texas' top target.
    USC has hired... in a row:

Ted Tollner
    Larry Smith
    John Robinson: fat, shitty and old version
    Paul Hackett
    PETE CARROLL
    Lane Kiffin
    Steve Sarkisian
    Clay Helton

If you remember, PC was hired because his daughter was at SC and he was at a Volleyball game. He ran into Mike Garrett, who was busy striking out on every fucking retarded 'big name' coach they were going after.

So, the last time they hired s good coach on purpose was the first time they hired John Robinson.