Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Strong's couch being measured

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Tom Herman has to be walking around with a big fat woody.

Ka-fucking-ching.

He's going to be offered Saban money
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Keyshawn Johnson says if USC wants Herman they get him. Pretty sure Clayton Hell has a contract though. And that USC isn't as good of a job as Texas or LSU.

Johnson says if Herman is a pussy if he doesn't want to come to LA. I disagree. The USC job has been devalued.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,866

Keyshawn Johnson says if USC wants Herman they get him. Pretty sure Clayton Hell has a contract though. And that USC isn't as good of a job as Texas or LSU.

Johnson says if Herman is a pussy if he doesn't want to come to LA. I disagree. The USC job has been devalued.

USC football is UCLA basketball. Should always be at/near the top of the conference but the shadow of legends makes it a can't-win position.

Bama was the same way until Saban got there (except the one year Stallings won the natty).

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

USC wants the Chipster.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Does USC get Herman? Not if you look at recent history.

Going to have to get lucky with a young and hungry retread.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    priapism said:

U.S. needs a real sport like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEsakFAxk-g

Hook Em!
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,236
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

USC has made one decent hiring decision in the past 40 year and that one was by accident.

Forgive me if I'm not super worried.

Charlie Strong is donezo - shoulda stayed at Louisville.

Louisville now disagrees. They may change their mind when Petrino is offered a mega deal they can't match, but for now, they won the sweepstakes.

Mostly agree on USC, though they could get lucky again, and if they do, watch out. Herman won't likely be the guy though. I'm hearing Texas had $100M in booster money lined up for Saban. I'd be surprised if they offer that to Herman, but they will be able to set the market for him. I doubt USC wants to get into a bidding war with them over any coach, and Herman is most likely Texas' top target.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I think Herman goes to Texas, he could clean up there since recruiting has been above average and the B-12 is down.

LSU has 2 Saban shadows (both from when he coached and now that he's at Bama), and I dont think anyone will be successful there until Saban retires

Herman just doesn't seem like a west coast guy let alone a hollywood guy, I don't think USC gets him.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    Swaye's Wigwam

USC has made one decent hiring decision in the past 40 year and that one was by accident.

Louisville now disagrees. They may change their mind when Petrino is offered a mega deal they can't match, but for now, they won the sweepstakes.

Mostly agree on USC, though they could get lucky again, and if they do, watch out. Herman won't likely be the guy though. I'm hearing Texas had $100M in booster money lined up for Saban. I'd be surprised if they offer that to Herman, but they will be able to set the market for him. I doubt USC wants to get into a bidding war with them over any coach, and Herman is most likely Texas' top target.
    I'll say it right now - Saban will win at least one more natty at Bama. If he goes to Texas for 100 million he won't win shit
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I'll say it right now - Saban will win at least one more natty at Bama. If he goes to Texas for 100 million he won't win shit
    I can't see Saban changing gigs at this stage of his career. If he spurned Texas two years ago (when there was at least some whispers in Tuscaloosa that the game had passed him and he couldn't handle the spread offense), there's no way in hell he's jumping now after another natty and likely wire to wire natty.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

I can't see Saban changing gigs at this stage of his career. If he spurned Texas two years ago (when there was at least some whispers in Tuscaloosa that the game had passed him and he couldn't handle the spread offense), there's no way in hell he's jumping now after another natty and likely wire to wire natty.
    No one is saying he will jump, easy money is he retires as a Bama coach with another ring or two. Only salient point is the pot-o-cash Texas is willing to pony up to get the right coach. Few if any programs are going to get into a bidding war with them.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I think Herman goes to Texas, he could clean up there since recruiting has been above average and the B-12 is down.

LSU has 2 Saban shadows (both from when he coached and now that he's at Bama), and I dont think anyone will be successful there until Saban retires

Herman just doesn't seem like a west coast guy let alone a hollywood guy, I don't think USC gets him.

Saban has thunderfucked the West Division. IMO his presence at Bama makes it harder for every other program in that division to attract top coaches.