Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TSIO Podcast #14: Losers Lose to Stanford?

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

If Pete knew it was a problem and didn't at least reassign Smith (if his sense of loyalty prevented him from firing him), then that's a failure of leadership.

Smith is also a young coordinator that was provided an experienced mentor to help him through the year and see what kind of growth could be made ...

While you want to cite failure of leadership because of not immediately firing Smith after last year, there's another side where by firing it's not just Pete admitting that he got the hire wrong but that he also failed to develop him as a coach (bigger issue IMO preventing him from firing him) ...

If the offense shits itself and the team doesn't reach its goals you can be assured that Smith is the designated fall guy
    Drumheller Fountain of Youth
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Totally, totally obvious that Smiff sucks and literally designs and calls plays that go away from our talent and skill, instead of embracing and working with what we have. This is THE SOURCE of the offensive sputtering and misfiring we describe as a shit-show.

Yes, Peterman is to blame for not firing his ass, but the silver lining is that Smiff should be gone after this season, regardless of our record. The four games I've seen have not demonstrated a competent, talented Pac12 offense, despite plenty of talent and a highly-recruited QB.

It's extremely telling that the majority of this pod is the discussion about how to win the Stanford game, DESPITE the offense.

Do you even have a question?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    edited September 2016

Totally, totally obvious that Smiff sucks and literally designs and calls plays that go away from our talent and skill, instead of embracing and working with what we have. This is THE SOURCE of the offensive sputtering and misfiring we describe as a shit-show.

Yes, Peterman is to blame for not firing his ass, but the silver lining is that Smiff should be gone after this season, regardless of our record. The four games I've seen have not demonstrated a competent, talented Pac12 offense, despite plenty of talent and a highly-recruited QB.

It's extremely telling that the majority of this pod is the discussion about how to win the Stanford game, DESPITE the offense.

What has stopped Petersen from firing Smith to this point? Nothing. So I don't see how we can assume Smith will be gone at season's end.
    If UW loses tomorrow, we already know how it will happen. If that happens, tomorrow, it will happen again later in the season, and Peterson should be fired on the 50 and Babushka should be dumped off the 520 bridge
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Why are you such a dick?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Why are you such a dick?
    2 dads: 2 much testosterone.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I enjoyed the discussion about Haka fag. What's sad is, as you describe it, we basically have to manage our defense and scheme to "hide" Haka. But, the coaches don't have anyone else they think is better? We have NFL players all over that defense and yet we have one loser so bad he wouldn't play in the Big Sky, and there is nobody anywhere better than him to replace him with?

UW Football: Where Dreams Go To Die
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Why are you such a dick?
    2 dads: 2 much testosterone.
    I think ice cube starred in that one iirc
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I hate to admit this, but the podcast is actually getting really good. I still hate you all.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Oh one other thing....on TBS'ing...next time you guys say you think we will take 4-7 more dudes, could you take guesses on who they will be. Make sure 3 of them are top shelf OL even if you don't believe that. This pod convinced me Strausser should be napalmed.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

I hate to admit this, but the podcast is actually getting really good. I still hate you all.

Our podcast is shit and you're all fags.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2016
    The lead-in is too long and you guys take frequent steam baths with jonathan smith.

Anyway, completely agree with your bitching and moaning about babushka, but I think you took it too easy on brownshorts. That guy has missed wide open receivers in clutch situations...consistently. A couple would've put us up by 2 scores against arizona.

Also, you were spot on with your thoughts on smith not doing things we're good at.

Kill strausser.

Lastly, can you guys start a countdown clock to p-salm's last game?
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,095
    edited September 2016

Swaye said:

Are podcast is shit and your all fags.
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Good pod, but gotta go with a disagree on the idea that a competent OC should only try to score 17 pts and play the field position game. 17 pts is a joke in 2016 college football, even for a good defense like Stanford.

7 teams scored 22+ on Stanford last year. Juggernauts like UCLA and the Trojans scored 30+. It's very doable even if if you are a mediocre offense.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-15/pac-10/2015-stanford-cardinal-football-schedule.php

If we only score 17, we will lose.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    So @Passion - we go pretty hard on Brownsocks on the AZ review. I think we get to the source of it to some extent.

In terms of scoring 17, I don't know about that... but I think field goals are important in terms of going up by two scores and depleting opponents' will. Keeping momentum on our side is important.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It isn't that we need to get only 17 ... the point was that a good OC worries about field position and getting scores even if FGs
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752

So @Passion - we go pretty hard on Brownsocks on the AZ review. I think we get to the source of it to some extent.

In terms of scoring 17, I don't know about that... but I think field goals are important in terms of going up by two scores and depleting opponents' will. Keeping momentum on our side is important.

Who doesn't think Jake would improve immediately if we got rid of that bitch girlfriend of his, i.e., Smiff? It's a classic, co-dependent, dysfunctional relationship, where the whole produces far less than the sum of it's parts. So, part that bitch out.

With any luck, Tedford's giving him swirlies right now and wiping his own ass with Smiff's playbook.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

DeepSeaZ said:

DDY, you keep building games up and then you drop me back down to earth, hard. The fuck? And did someone make popcorn during the podcast? What was that popping sound?

Teq's earphones. Apologies.

Actually it was me shuffling paper and because I have a mic that picks up all noises that's what you're getting.
    Then get a new mic, Tequila, and don't be a cheap ass!

That's a real annoyance to an otherwise decent listening experience.
    It was a new mic you fucktard ...

I was a tad worried going into the podcast with how sensitive the sound pickup was from the mic knowing that I had my notes on a legal pad. I tried to do my page turning away from the microphone but being that this was pod #1 with the microphone you never know until you hear and get the audio feedback.

Needless to say lesson was learned and I'll be prepping slightly different for podcasts going forward.

Quite frankly, you know you are better podcaster than the score showed. Just some things to clean up this week in practice.
    Agree