Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TSIO Podcast #14: Losers Lose to Stanford?

Stanford lumbers into Husky Stadium for a Friday night tilt for the ages (Fuck off you old timers, I didn't get to see the great games of the past). We preview the matchup and then throw in some TBS at the end.

It will be on iTunes when it fucking shows up on iTunes. Fuck off @SpoonieLuv.

I hate all of you and hope you enjoy it.

traffic.libsyn.com/tsiopodcast/TSIO_-_Losers_Lose_to_Stanford.m4a

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2016
    Totally, totally obvious that Smiff sucks and literally designs and calls plays that go away from our talent and skill, instead of embracing and working with what we have. This is THE SOURCE of the offensive sputtering and misfiring we describe as a shit-show.

Yes, Peterman is to blame for not firing his ass, but the silver lining is that Smiff should be gone after this season, regardless of our record. The four games I've seen have not demonstrated a competent, talented Pac12 offense, despite plenty of talent and a highly-recruited QB.

It's extremely telling that the majority of this pod is the discussion about how to win the Stanford game, DESPITE the offense.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    DDY, you keep building games up and then you drop me back down to earth, hard. The fuck? And did someone make popcorn during the podcast? What was that popping sound?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    DeepSeaZ said:

DDY, you keep building games up and then you drop me back down to earth, hard. The fuck? And did someone make popcorn during the podcast? What was that popping sound?

Teq's earphones. Apologies.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

DeepSeaZ said:

Actually it was me shuffling paper and because I have a mic that picks up all noises that's what you're getting.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    Tequilla said:

DeepSeaZ said:

Actually it was me shuffling paper and because I have a mic that picks up all noises that's what you're getting.
    Then get a new mic, Tequila, and don't be a cheap ass!

That's a real annoyance to an otherwise decent listening experience.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

DeepSeaZ said:

It was a new mic you fucktard ...

I was a tad worried going into the podcast with how sensitive the sound pickup was from the mic knowing that I had my notes on a legal pad. I tried to do my page turning away from the microphone but being that this was pod #1 with the microphone you never know until you hear and get the audio feedback.

Needless to say lesson was learned and I'll be prepping slightly different for podcasts going forward.

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

DeepSeaZ said:

It was a new mic you fucktard ...

I was a tad worried going into the podcast with how sensitive the sound pickup was from the mic knowing that I had my notes on 367 legal pads. I tried to do my page turning away ...

Needless to say lesson was learned and I'll be prepping slightly different for podcasts going forward.

MERRIAM WEBSTER: Simple Definition of concise: using few words : not including extra or unnecessary information
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    how many season ending injuries do we get on Friday?
  • Options
    Hopefully they forfeit.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,107
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Totally, totally obvious that Smiff sucks and literally designs and calls plays that go away from our talent and skill, instead of embracing and working with what we have. This is THE SOURCE of the offensive sputtering and misfiring we describe as a shit-show.

Yes, Peterman is to blame for not firing his ass, but the silver lining is that Smiff should be gone after this season, regardless of our record. The four games I've seen have not demonstrated a competent, talented Pac12 offense, despite plenty of talent and a highly-recruited QB.

It's extremely telling that the majority of this pod is the discussion about how to win the Stanford game, DESPITE the offense.

What has stopped Petersen from firing Smith to this point? Nothing. So I don't see how we can assume Smith will be gone at season's end.
  • Options

What has stopped Petersen from firing Smith to this point? Nothing. So I don't see how we can assume Smith will be gone at season's end.
    I tend to agree, but to be fair, he did give him a one-year contract renewal, so it's not like there's been zero movement.

I'm not saying it's the move I wanted. But I don't think it's preposterous to think that Babushka gets canned given that fact.

I'd heard last year he was real close to the chopping block.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I tend to agree, but to be fair, he did give him a one-year contract renewal, so it's not like there's been zero movement.

I'm not saying it's the move I wanted. But I don't think it's preposterous to think that Babushka gets canned given that fact.

I'd heard last year he was real close to the chopping block.
    It's not preposterous, especially with the Tedford thing. I'm just saying we can't assume he'll be gone.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    If Pete knew it was a problem and didn't at least reassign Smith (if his sense of loyalty prevented him from firing him), then that's a failure of leadership.
  • Options

If Pete knew it was a problem and didn't at least reassign Smith (if his sense of loyalty prevented him from firing him), then that's a failure of leadership.

Smith is also a young coordinator that was provided an experienced mentor to help him through the year and see what kind of growth could be made ...

While you want to cite failure of leadership because of not immediately firing Smith after last year, there's another side where by firing it's not just Pete admitting that he got the hire wrong but that he also failed to develop him as a coach (bigger issue IMO preventing him from firing him) ...

If the offense shits itself and the team doesn't reach its goals you can be assured that Smith is the designated fall guy
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,095

Hopefully they forfeit.

I see you've been hanging around with @Pitchfork51