Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Stop and frisk

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Blackie said:

You have to fight to get them in the first place

we're going to have to agree to have a fuck off
    This just got interesting.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

You have to fight for your right to party

• Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    PurpleJ said:

I get what Race is saying, but who the fuck are you gonna fight? And with what?

And what are you fighting for? Rights as a free citizen or an animal-instinct driven survival of the fittest? I am all-in for the former and crushing you in the latter.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

And what are you fighting for? Rights as a free citizen or an animal-instinct driven survival of the fittest? I am all-in for the former and crushing you in the latter.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

PurpleJ said:

Calm down man. You are so angry. Typical 16 year old who's posting anonymously on a website for the first time.

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

You have to fight to get them in the first place

well, somebody fought for them anyway. Now, the kids that do join run go pros and get shot at for sport cause Discovery Channel needs more programming
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Stop and frisk is fucktarded. But Trump supports it so Race is all in on taking away rights.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,555
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Stop and frisk is fucktarded. But Trump supports it so Race is all in on taking away rights.

Where did I say I was for it?
  • Options

2001400ex said:

That's right. You are just for Trump and therefore won't disagree with his policies.

Race, can you at just once admit Trump says or does something fucktarded. Please show me you are not the lemming you act like on here.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2016
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

That's right. You are just for Trump and therefore won't disagree with his policies.

Race, can you at just once admit Trump says or does something fucktarded. Please show me you are not the lemming you act like on here.
    So you lied about it not being constitutional and you lied about me supporting it.

How about you kill yourself and do us all a favor
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

So you lied about it not being constitutional and you lied about me supporting it.

Except the bill was ruled unconstitutional and you sure are arguing that it's not an awful lot for someone who doesn't support something.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I was stopped and frisked, but I later found out it wasn't even a real cop.. just some dude in a costume.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Except the bill was ruled unconstitutional and you sure are arguing that it's not an awful lot for someone who doesn't support something.
    And he goes back to the lie. Stop and frisk is constitutional. One lower judge ruled against it.

Typical low information voter.

I never defended it. I pointed out that you're a lying sack of shit like your girl.

Next lie up
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    But according to candidate Hillary Clinton and moderator Lester Holt during Monday night’s presidential debate, stop and frisk is “unconstitutional.” They are wrong. In Mrs. Clinton’s case, it’s the usual misrepresenting she does when she does not know what she is talking about. As for Mr. Holt, if a moderator is going to interfere, he should do some homework and not pretend to know the law when he does not. Mr. Holt and NBC cannot overrule the U.S. Supreme Court.

Stop and frisk is based on an 8-1 decision of the Supreme Court, Terry v. Ohio. That ruling hasn’t been overturned or even modified by the court since it was handed down in 1968. Stop and frisk is constitutional and the law of the land. The majority opinion, written by then-Chief Justice Earl Warren, approved the constitutionality of stopping a suspect if the police officer has a reasonable suspicion that a person has committed, or was about to commit, a crime. If the officer also has a reasonable suspicion the person is armed, he can conduct a pat-down—that is, a frisk—of a person’s outer clothing.

ENLARGE
    PHOTO: GETTY IMAGES
    In many places, this practice is called a “Terry stop,” based on the decision upholding its constitutionality. It is a police technique used by all law enforcement agencies nationwide.

Over a 20-year use of this policy, spanning the administration of two New York City mayors and four police commissioners, stop and frisk played a material part in reducing homicides in New York City. It helped to change New York City from the crime capital of America to the safest large city in the country. In each of those 20 years, approximately six of 10 murder victims in New York City were African-Americans. In other words, stop and frisk saved many black lives.

In the case discussed during Monday’s debate, federal Judge Shira Scheindlin found in 2013 that the way Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Commissioner Ray Kelly applied stop and frisk was unconstitutional. The practice had been expanded to 600,000, the vast majority being of African-Americans. Previously, during my administration, for eight years under Commissioners William Bratton, Howard Safir and Bernard Kerik, the stops and frisks always fell short of 100,000.

During my administration, the U.S. Justice Department spent two years examining stop and frisk and it filed no case. After continued use of the practice during the administration of Mayor Bloomberg and Commissioner Kelly, Judge Scheindlin found that the volume of stops and the focus on the African-American community made the practice not unconstitutional in general but unconstitutional as applied. This is the distinction that is so important—yet was misunderstood by Mr. Holt and misrepresented by Mrs. Clinton.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

And he goes back to the lie. Stop and frisk is constitutional. One lower judge ruled against it.

Typical low information voter.

I never defended it. I pointed out that you're a lying sack of shit like your girl.

Next lie up
    A double post, both defending stop and frisk. But you aren't defending stop and frisk. Holy fuck, Trump does poast here.

But this is from your link, I said stop and frisk was ruled unconstitutional. Your link says the same. Weird.

In the case discussed during Monday’s debate, federal Judge Shira Scheindlin found in 2013 that the way Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Commissioner Ray Kelly applied stop and frisk was unconstitutional
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    So, it wasn't S&F at all. It was the Bloomberg bastardization the low court had a problem with. Got it.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,899
    Standard Supporter
    Stop and frisk is bullshit and we shouldn't have it even if it does reduce crime. With that said, this is a total non-issue because Trump isn't going to implement a national stop and frisk policy if he's elected.