Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Doogs hate facts

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,447 Founders Club
"Fact" checkers are doogs
Helps Trump IMO

But Cavuto himself picked up the thread post-debate on Fox Business Network, unearthing the clip Trump referenced, from January 28, 2003 – Nearly two months before the Iraq War began on March 20. In the video, Cavuto asks Trump how much time President Bush should spend on the economy vs. on Iraq.

“Well, I’m starting to think that people are much more focused now on the economy,” Trump said. “They’re getting a little bit tired of hearing ‘We’re going in, we’re not going in.’ Whatever happened to the days of Douglas MacArthur? Either do it or don’t do it.”

Trump continued: “Perhaps he shouldn’t be doing it yet. And perhaps we should be waiting for the United Nations.”

After the invasion of Iraq, and the subsequent fallout, Trump became a much stronger and far more vocal critic of the war.

“Look at the war in Iraq and the mess that we’re in,” he said in an August 2004 issue of Esquire. “I would never have handled it that way…Two minutes after we leave, there’s going to be a revolution, and the meanest, toughest, smartest, most vicious guy will take over. And he’ll have weapons of mass destruction, which Saddam [Hussein] didn’t have.”

Yet despite the Cavuto clip, and the ambivalence of Trump’s own on-the-fence answer during the 2002 Stern interview, post-debate fact-checkers nearly universally wrote that Trump had lied during the exchange with Holt.

Comments

• BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    I blame the stern show microphones
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    edited September 2016

Helps Trump IMO

But Cavuto himself picked up the thread post-debate on Fox Business Network, unearthing the clip Trump referenced, from January 28, 2003 – Nearly two months before the Iraq War began on March 20. In the video, Cavuto asks Trump how much time President Bush should spend on the economy vs. on Iraq.

“Well, I’m starting to think that people are much more focused now on the economy,” Trump said. “They’re getting a little bit tired of hearing ‘We’re going in, we’re not going in.’ Whatever happened to the days of Douglas MacArthur? Either do it or don’t do it.”

Trump continued: “Perhaps he shouldn’t be doing it yet. And perhaps we should be waiting for the United Nations.”

After the invasion of Iraq, and the subsequent fallout, Trump became a much stronger and far more vocal critic of the war.

“Look at the war in Iraq and the mess that we’re in,” he said in an August 2004 issue of Esquire. “I would never have handled it that way…Two minutes after we leave, there’s going to be a revolution, and the meanest, toughest, smartest, most vicious guy will take over. And he’ll have weapons of mass destruction, which Saddam [Hussein] didn’t have.”

Yet despite the Cavuto clip, and the ambivalence of Trump’s own on-the-fence answer during the 2002 Stern interview, post-debate fact-checkers nearly universally wrote that Trump had lied during the exchange with Holt.

Hi.

Link something that shows he was clearly against the Iraq war before it started.

That's the lie he keeps telling.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,447 Founders Club

Helps Trump IMO

Hi.

Link something that showshould he was clearly against the Iraq war before it started.

That's the lie he keeps telling.
    The Cavuto interview was before the war

Hope this helps

The Stern interview does not indicate his support.

Holt went all Candy Crowley. Lying liars and the liars they support. Pathetic

Also Trump called the aftermath of the Obama Clinton Doctrine in Iraq in 2004.
    You are racist.
    Clearly
  • OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    edited September 2016
    I'm sure that everybody in both camps is being less than 100% honest -- in otherwords, they are all acting like politicians.

But I'm still curious why Trump is trying so hard to act like he was against the war the entire time. That does nothing but hurt him with his core constituency, and he really needs them.

If he keeps it up, some may decide to stay home and not vote on election day.

Coughcoughtrailerhomecoughcough.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    OZONE said:

I'm sure that everybody in both camps is being less than 100% honest -- in otherwords, they are all acting like politicians.

But I'm still curious why Trump is trying so hard to act like he was against the war the entire time. That does nothing but hurt him with his core constituency, and he really needs them.

If Trump hasn't lost them by now, he's not loosing them.
    dnc said:

OZONE said:

I'm not saying those voters will switch to Clinton, but they might stay home.

The only Republican Prez or VP that has endorsed Trump is Cheney... and the Iraq war was Cheney's pride and joy. If Trump continues to try and act like he knew it was a giant fucking mistake the entire time... well... it isn't too late for Cheney to withdraw his support.

I'm sure there are a lot of voters that are only voting for Trump because they would never vote anything other than Republican, but if Trump keeps pointing out what dumbshits Bush and Cheney were in that war... those voters might just stay home... because they might not want to vote for a guy that is so vocal about what a stupid fucking war that was that Bush and Cheney started. Just sayin.
    OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

The only Republican Prez or VP that has endorsed Trump is Cheney... and the Iraq war was Cheney's pride and joy. If Trump continues to try and act like he knew it was a giant fucking mistake the entire time... well... it isn't too late for Cheney to withdraw his support.

I'm sure there are a lot of voters that are only voting for Trump because they would never vote anything other than Republican, but if Trump keeps pointing out what dumbshits Bush and Cheney were in that war... those voters might just stay home... because they might not want to vote for a guy that is so vocal about what a stupid fucking war that was that Bush and Cheney started. Just sayin.
    Yeah and he can never win the South Carolina Primary attacking Bush like that
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

Helps Trump IMO

Trump is Pumpy? Staff, true?
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

See? They hate facts but they love to be lied to

So He was against before He was for it now that He is against it.

Got it.

I'd double down on the the glyclosimin tonight if I were you.

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

Bush hasn't endorsed him. Cheney has. It is Cheney's support that he stands to lose if he keeps pointing out that he was against that huge fucking mistake of a war.

Not that I care if Trump is too stupid to realize what he is risking.

It his similar to the fact that he is too stupid to realize that it doesn't do any good to build a wall when the drugs are brought in by tunnel.
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

Bush hasn't endorsed him. Cheney has. It is Cheney's support that he stands to lose if he keeps pointing out that he was against that huge fucking mistake of a war.

Not that I care if Trump is too stupid to realize what he is risking.

It his similar to the fact that he is too stupid to realize that it doesn't do any good to build a wall when the drugs are brought in by tunnel.
    I can't believe he hasn't put you on the payroll
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

Nice reference, but Trump is hardly McCain.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    meanwhile: http://www.latimes.com/politics/

Just wait till the daily tracking poll starts picking up post debate reaction. Trump. is. doomed.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

As you've expertly poonted out, Trump's support isn't largely Republican anyway.

And "lol" at the idea Dick Fucking Cheney has any influence on anyone.