Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jacob Sirmon: "We hate Woodinville"

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I've seen enough of HS football in my life to know that even the best players can look like shit for any number of factors but still have no problem being a good/great player at the college level when surrounded with like level talent.

Watching most of the GK-Sumner game last night, if you just went on the numbers you'd think Connor Wedington sucked ... then he turned in one great play at the end where you just realize that yes, he'll be fine at the next level.

You're right ... I didn't watch the game between Bothell and Woodinville. If you're saying that Sirmon was under pressure all night that tells me that Woodinville had superior line play and that probably put him in a position to look "ordinary" as you say. Let's be honest, most HS QBs (particularly in the state of Washington) are generally not spectacular when it comes to being able to manipulate the pocket and play well under pressure because MOST of the surrounding talent is very subpar.

With all due respect, if I'm going to take advice on TBS related matters, I'm going to listen to @CokeGreaterThanPepsi and @Dennis_DeYoung who spend a ton of time watching game tape and films on recruits. If they like Sirmon, that's good enough for me.

I've said this elsewhere before and I'll say it again, generally speaking, Washington HS football isn't particularly good. The elite players are good enough to play against anybody. But the talent gap between the elite players and the remaining players is vast. Even Kingco in Washington isn't in a position where each roster is littered with high end D1 prospects similar to what can be found in top leagues in places like California, Texas, and Florida.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Final score: Woodinville 17, Bothell 10.

Sirmon under pressure all night. Looked ordinary.

Would not surprise me to see Pete back off from him.

big win for @MikeMonan and company. awesome and congrats.

for the next pod derek PLEASE devote a segment for the two of you to talk about sirmon. very curious.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment

DeepSeaZ said:

Watching Sirmon now. He's complete shit. Every throw is 30-50yds down field. No form. Seems to be a big fan of himself though.

Yeah, he totally sucks. You're right.
    Highlight films are just that. This was a low light film. Kid is big and he has astrong arm but he didn't show anything positive tonight. Zero escapability. No pocket presence. No touch. Bad decision making. No accuracy. To be fair, his receivers were rarely open but I was not impressed at all.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZ said:

DeepSeaZ said:

Watching Sirmon now. He's complete shit. Every throw is 30-50yds down field. No form. Seems to be a big fan of himself though.

Highlight films are just that. This was a low light film. Kid is big and he has astrong arm but he didn't show anything positive tonight. Zero escapability. No pocket presence. No touch. Bad decision making. No accuracy. To be fair, his receivers were rarely open but I was not impressed at all.
    So if he's not getting any blocking and his receivers are getting open ... then you're expecting a lot out of a QB to do a lot that was positive - yes?
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,148
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    @theciscoshow thinks @Tequilla needs to chill the fuck out and catch his breath
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,465
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Final score: Woodinville 17, Bothell 10.

Sirmon under pressure all night. Looked ordinary.

Would not surprise me to see Pete back off from him.

This can't be serious...
    Completely serious. And don't call me Shirley.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited September 2016
    DeepSeaZ said:

DeepSeaZ said:

He didn't handle adversity well at all. Last year I came away with the impression that his bad game was from being young. This year I came away with concern about his mental makeup. He was flustered early and often. Strong arm but everything that DeepSeaZ said above (except I don't think he's "complete shit"). Younger posters may not recognize this name, but Sirmon reminds me of a Gale Gilbert type.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

DeepSeaZ said:

DeepSeaZ said:

He didn't handle adversity well at all. Last year I came away with the impression that his bad game was from being young. This year I came away with concern about his mental makeup. He was flustered early and often. Strong arm but everything that DeepSeaZ said above (except I don't think he's "complete shit"). Younger posters may not recognize this name, but Sirmon reminds me of a Gale Gilbert type.

Sounds like a perfect replacement for Brownsocks
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Jake Haener...The Savior!
  • Options
    picalogestabopicalogestabo Member Posts: 651

Younger posters may not recognize this name, but Sirmon reminds me of a Gale Gilbert type.

If yer comparing Sirmon to a rapist then I'm out.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Younger posters may not recognize this name, but Sirmon reminds me of a Gale Gilbert type.

Gilbert plea bargained out of the rape charge, if memory serves
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,962
    Founders Club
    Did @Tequilla just leak that @CokeGreaterThanPepsi and @Dennis_DeYoung are really PurpleDoucheFan????
    Tequilla said:

I've seen enough of HS football in my life to know that even the best players can look like shit for any number of factors but still have no problem being a good/great player at the college level when surrounded with like level talent.

Watching most of the GK-Sumner game last night, if you just went on the numbers you'd think Connor Wedington sucked ... then he turned in one great play at the end where you just realize that yes, he'll be fine at the next level.

You're right ... I didn't watch the game between Bothell and Woodinville. If you're saying that Sirmon was under pressure all night that tells me that Woodinville had superior line play and that probably put him in a position to look "ordinary" as you say. Let's be honest, most HS QBs (particularly in the state of Washington) are generally not spectacular when it comes to being able to manipulate the pocket and play well under pressure because MOST of the surrounding talent is very subpar.

With all due respect, if I'm going to take advice on TBS related matters, I'm going to listen to @CokeGreaterThanPepsi and @Dennis_DeYoung who spend a ton of time watching game tape and films on recruits. If they like Sirmon, that's good enough for me.

I've said this elsewhere before and I'll say it again, generally speaking, Washington HS football isn't particularly good. The elite players are good enough to play against anybody. But the talent gap between the elite players and the remaining players is vast. Even Kingco in Washington isn't in a position where each roster is littered with high end D1 prospects similar to what can be found in top leagues in places like California, Texas, and Florida.

• Options
    There's a lot of fucktard in this thread
  • Options

DeepSeaZ said:

DeepSeaZ said:

Did you watch the GK and Sumner game Thursday?

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2016
    I'm with Derek, pull his offer!!!!!
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

DeepSeaZ said:

DeepSeaZ said:

So if he's not getting any blocking and his receivers are getting open ... then you're expecting a lot out of a QB to do a lot that was positive - yes?
    He had plenty of times where he had plenty of time and he did nothing good. Go watch him play a full game then tell me if he has the "it" factor.
  • Options

Gilbert plea bargained out of the rape charge, if memory serves
    Did he plead for an extra inch of consensuality? Chinsensuality.
  • Options

DeepSeaZ said:

DeepSeaZ said:

The complete shit comment was uncalled for. He just really failed to meet expectations.