Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

25 years ago today....Who else was there?

2»

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Great fucking game. That game was over. Still have a hard believing UW won. Weird when Nebraska fans gave our boys a standing O. Our group wasn't so classy.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I was probably playing with GI Joe guys, Ninja Turtles, or doctor with the neighbor girl.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,765
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I still own the Mitsubishi TV I watched that game on. Don't use it much, but those Japanese companies built some HQ shit in the 80's. Fucking Sherman Tank of TV's.

Those were the days.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Remember watching it on rabbit ears with shit reception in Tacoma. Recall feeling confident, even after the fumbled punt, that the dawgs were still okay and would respond and finish strong.

Remember when come-from-behind victories in big games were so common we expected it?

Remember when UW coaches fixed things at halftime and UW played better in second halves?

Yeah, I know. It's been a very long fucking time.

Sad thing is, this Duck feels the same way now

#old
    #slingblade
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited September 2016
    AZDuck said:

Remember watching it on rabbit ears with shit reception in Tacoma. Recall feeling confident, even after the fumbled punt, that the dawgs were still okay and would respond and finish strong.

Remember when come-from-behind victories in big games were so common we expected it?

Remember when UW coaches fixed things at halftime and UW played better in second halves?

Yeah, I know. It's been a very long fucking time.

Sad thing is, this Duck feels the same way now

#old
    #slingblade
    I feel you. It's hard. Once you experience your team winning a Natty, it leaves you wanting more. It's been such a long time.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I was probably playing with GI Joe guys, Ninja Turtles, or doctor with the neighbor girl.

pics?
  • Options

I still own the Mitsubishi TV I watched that game on. Don't use it much, but those Japanese companies built some HQ shit in the 80's. Fucking Sherman Tank of TV's.

Those were the days.

You sound like a hoarder. Why would you still have a tv from 1991?
    Because it still works fucking great! Great picture. Even the remote still works. It's been doused with water, beer and champagne, and lived through it all.

If and when it finally shits the bed, I'm giving it a state funeral.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Watched first quarter, then got a call from buddies to play football out in the street. Went out under the street lights tossing, probably a nerf around. Talked about the shitty start. In the middle of playing we started hearing unison screaming and yelling coming from homes from around the neighborhood. Brother ran into the house to see what was happening. Then came out with that the dawgs were on the move. We resumed playing football, then when he next yelling and screaming from multiple neighbors occurred, one of us would run in to see what happened and report to the rest of the group. This happened a more times. The next day I immediately regretted not watching the game, but as the years passed, I was happy to have heard the neighbors going nuts in unison, getting excited with every score, and playing football with friends. Plus with youtube, and new tv, I've watched it multiple times.

Those were the FUCKING DAYS!!! My kids have no idea. Sad. But they know all about title IX. Fucking equality dykes ruin everything.