Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Winners Win; "He has it in him"

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

If Georgia under Eason had plungered Rutgers, Idaho, and PSU and UW under Browning barely beat Nicholls State and Mizzou, you'd be saying the exact same thing

Yes on Eason. If Browning delivered and his team won two tight games, which he's never done, I'd feel differently about Browning.

Either way, Eason is the better QB. He went to HS in Washington. UW wanted him, but couldn't close him.
    So it's a plus for Eason that he sucked for most of four quarters against two shit teams and then barely pulled it out in the end (well actually Lambert had to come in for the last series against Nicholls but who is counting.)
    You would have benched Billy Joe Hobart
    How many games did UW lose with Hobart Sixkiller at the helm, Race?
    8-3, 7-4, 7-4

Fuck off
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I shouldn't have posted in this thread. I now have Super AIDS
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2016
    Georgia looks very mediocre everywhere this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkpDz8YyVD8
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    dnc said:

Higher than Drew Bledsoe?

Easy there turbo.

I like Eason and I'm mad we didn't get him. But if we did get him and someone was making these claims after a marginal win over Gary Fucking Pinkel you'd rightly mock the shit out of them.

Slow the fuck down.

Yes, a higher ceiling than Drew Bledsoe. Good comp though.

I remember when Bledsoe, as a sophomore, threw for 430 yards against UW in the '91 Apple Cup. UW's defense had trouble brining him down. One one play, Stan Empterman had Bledsoe in his grasp but couldn't take him down. Bledsoe hung in and threw a laser down field for a big gain.

Bledsoe and Eason are about the same size: Bledsoe 6'5, 235 lbs (NFL weight) Eason; 6'6 just under 220 as a freshman.

The Eason crowning started from a thread about the current state of UW recruiting. Peterman whiffed big time. Inexcusable, especially when Eason is in your backyard.

Browning: He may step up this year and win some big games. He's not a championship caliber QB. Never will be.

Big boy defenses ( Ohio State. Alabama. Clemson) would run his ass into the ground just like Oregon did last year. Noodle armed. Browning can't throw the deep ball against their secondaries.

At some point this year WE'll wish we had a rainmaker @ QB. a QB capable of a comeback against Stanford. A Qb with the balls and arm to win @ Autzen. A QB with the arm and swagger to deliver in the playoffs.

Eason hasn't won a big game, yet. Three games into his Sophomore season, Browning never has, unless you count his shit performance -and some help from Marvin Hall- against Sarktard USC.

Bless you all.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Baseman said:

dnc said:

Easy there turbo.

I like Eason and I'm mad we didn't get him. But if we did get him and someone was making these claims after a marginal win over Gary Fucking Pinkel you'd rightly mock the shit out of them.

Slow the fuck down.

I remember when Bledsoe, as a sophomore, threw for 430 yards against UW in the '91 Apple Cup. UW's defense had trouble brining him down. One one play, Stan Empterman had Bledsoe in his grasp but couldn't take him down. Bledsoe hung in and threw a laser down field for a big gain.

Bledsoe and Eason are about the same size: Bledsoe 6'5, 235 lbs (NFL weight) Eason; 6'6 just under 220 as a freshman.

The Eason crowning started from a thread about the current state of UW recruiting. Peterman whiffed big time. Inexcusable, especially when Eason is in your backyard.

Browning: He may step up this year and win some big games. He's not a championship caliber QB. Never will be.

Big boy defenses ( Ohio State. Alabama. Clemson) would run his ass into the ground just like Oregon did last year. Noodle armed. Browning can't throw the deep ball against their secondaries.

At some point this year WE'll wish we had a rainmaker @ QB. a QB capable of a comeback against Stanford. A Qb with the balls and arm to win @ Autzen. A QB with the arm and swagger to deliver in the playoffs.

Eason hasn't won a big game, yet. Three games into his Sophomore season, Browning never has, unless you count his shit performance -and some help from Marvin Hall- against Sarktard USC.

Bless you all.
    Then why the fuck did you start a thread crowning him as a born winner?
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Baseman said:

dnc said:

Easy there turbo.

Slow the fuck down.

Bless you all.
    I quoted his teammate, a junior WR: "He has it in him. He keeps his composure. He keeps us up high. He encourages us in the huddle. In those situations, you wouldn’t expect that from a freshman. For him to come in there and do what he does, I love it."

1- Sound like Jake Browning? As a freshman?
    2- Eason should be in Montlake.
    3- Because Peterman couldn't close him Eason is starting for an SEC team fresh off a 10win season.
    4- 3 games in, Eason is 3-0.
    5- 1st game: on the road v. UNC. ACC team. Currently 2-1, 10-3 in 2015. Came in 8 min. left in 3rd quarter, down 14-24. First drive: started on own 25. 75 yard TD drive. 3rd drive: Georgia 71 yd FG. drive, including a 56 completion. Final line: 8-12 131 yds. 1 TD.
    6- 2nd game: First start. 11-20 200 yards 1 TD. 1 interception -bounced off the receiver, Nichols returns 91 yds for touchdown. Dumbfuck Smart puts the 5th yr senior in who doesn't do shit. Eason back in. Not his best game. They still won
    7- 3rd game. 2nd start v. Missouri (shit SEC team) on the road. goes 29-55 for 300 yards. 3 TD 1 interception.

So yeah, I'm the fucktard that would rather have Eason than Browning. As soon as Browning scuffles, Id turn to Eason. From what he's shown so far, Eason would start from then on and Browning ends up transferring.

Side note: yeah I moved the goal poasts. Fuck off. Eason's late game heroics against North Carolina counts as a big game victory, at least this early in his career.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Thanks for stopping by Mrs. Eason.
  • Options
    priapism said:

After seeing that, I bet Georgia ends up firing Mark Richt at some point. If he leaves, I wonder if Eason stays home and signs with UW.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I agree that crowning Eason after a narrow victory over Gary Pinkel is being a doog, I just had to point out the fucktardery of crediting browning with anything after his retarded performance in the Boise game
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Baseman said:

priapism said:

After seeing that, I bet Georgia ends up firing Mark Richt at some point. If he leaves, I wonder if Eason stays home and signs with UW.
    Huh?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

dnc said:

Easy there turbo.

Slow the fuck down.

Bless you all.
    I quoted his teammate, a junior WR: "He has it in him. He keeps his composure. He keeps us up high. He encourages us in the huddle. In those situations, you wouldn’t expect that from a freshman. For him to come in there and do what he does, I love it."

Teammates say stupid shit. Classic confirmation bias repoast was spot on.

Case in poont, the Lions FB says MyDwarsh has excellent vision.
    “The thing that stays consistent with those three is that they are all very good and they make my job easier,” fullback Michael Burton said. “Whether it’s Zach, Dwayne, Theo behind there, they all have excellent vision."
    Insert @GrandpaSankey joke here.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Baseman said:

priapism said:

Huh?
    @priapism said Georgia looked mediocre this year and the video he included was from 2013 when Richt was Georgia's HC
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If I had known there was this much trolling about Eason to be done I would have started when we blew his recruitment.

DFI may need to add a weekly Eason Report
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    HanseeHall78HanseeHall78 Member Posts: 156
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Eason has a strong arm which is why some college programs and most recruiting rating sites got a hard-on for him.

Unfortunately for them, college football is now trending to more cerebral QBs that can read defenses -- the "stupid one-read and go Dual-Thread QBs" are being left behind. I'm not saying Eason is one of those but his strong arm alone doesn't guarantee success.
  • Options

Eason has a strong arm which is why some college programs and most recruiting rating sites got a hard-on for him.

Unfortunately for them, college football is now trending to more cerebral QBs that can read defenses -- the "stupid one-read and go Dual-Thread QBs" are being left behind. I'm not saying Eason is one of those but his strong arm alone doesn't guarantee success.

He's a freshman QB playing in the SEC. He was the top rated HS QB in the country and chose Georgia over Washington.

I predicted/speculated Stanford might knock Browning out and Eason would be able to step in, even surpass Browning's production

Clearly, Browning exceed my expectations, most of you fuckers, too, if you're honest. He has taken a huge step forward and remained healthy. Had Eason come here, he'd be redshirting.

What happens, though, if Browning gets injured. Who is the better option to pick up the pieces, Manga Carta or Eason?

In 89, Billy Joe Hobart,the Gatorade state player of the year and highest rated QB in the nation, committed to Washington. Hobart redshirted in 89 and was second string in '90 as Mark Brunnell had a lock on the job. Everything looked great going into 91 until Brunnell blew his knee out. Hobart stepped in and the rest was history.

To keep the machine rolling, UW needs a pipeline of developing backups ready to step in for injured or under performing players. UW must win the recruiting battles for the best players in the state.

I remember Billy Joe. I remember Drew Bledsoe, Cary Conklin, Chris Chandler, and the Huards. Eason has the highest ceiling of all them. Bledsoe had the size and arm strength but was mechanically raw out of HS. Hobart had a big arm and good mobility. He transferred from Orting to Puyallup to run Huard's pro style offense. His Passing IQ was closer to Locker and Lindquist. The separator for Hobart was his big balls. Winners win.

Eason has struggled. In other moments he has shined. Shit first halfs mixed in with impressive late game heroics, big plays in big moments, something Browning never showed last year, playing in PAC-12 Big plays in crucial moments he didn't show until this year's Arizonas game.

UW is better now and in the future with Eason even if he wouldnt see the field until Browning leaves.