Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Someone explain this to me...

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

Eason isn't starting ahead of Browning by the Stanford game ... that's insanely FS

When Stanford is ahead in the third quarter and Browning is who we know he is, Eason comes in and mans up.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    AVT will ultimately commit to us.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Eason isn't starting ahead of Browning by the Stanford game ... that's insanely FS

When Stanford is ahead in the third quarter and Browning is who we know he is, Eason comes in and mans up and would start the week after IMO. It won't happen because he's not here. Im dealing in hypotheticals.

I'm less worried about the QB situation than the OL. That said, contending programs don't have trouble attracting QB prospects every year. Sure, Eason probably chose Georgia because he had a clearer path to start but in three years, Peterman has landed one quality QB recruit. Sirmon may be a 5-star but is two years away. If UW slips- history shows they will- is Sirmon a lock?

For the rest of you, what do you disagree with? Eason will be >Browning against real competition? The OL recruiting doesn't suck?
    I agree with most of Pepsi's poast but Im not ready to buy Banvileau comes here. Ahmed probably comes here, word is he is a DB - and UW is killing it there already.

Recruit Quality/Trend
    QB: -
    RB: -
    WR: +
    OL: -
    DL: +
    LB: +
    DB: +
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    biak1 said:

Recruiting Lag Theory?

Waiting for @StephenHawkingDAWG to weigh in here.

I came up with this more than a decade ago.

The short theory is this:
    Doing well in a season helps your SECOND recruiting class in the future.

Example - UW goes 11-2 this season. It won't get many great new recruits in January 2017 because most of them are already committed but UW would get a big bump with its 2018 recruiting class.
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

RB: - ?

what

RB recruiting.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Recruiting can not be great if it is great "other than the O line". If we still aren't recruiting the O line we may as well cut our dicks off because we won't be fucking the prom queen.

No more excuses - get a line and a quarterback or get the fuck out. Eason should be starting here this year

Will you write my next recruiting poast?
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

Gladstone said:

RB: - ?

what

RB recruiting.
    By what measure would you call recruiting Gaskin, McGrew/Pleasant, and Wedington/(Ahmed?) in the past 3 cycles a negative?

RB recruiting was only ever a concern a couple years ago when Coleman and Dotson were the lone RB recruits in the 13/14 classes. It's definitely improved.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    The "-" is for the current trend and quality of RB recruit committed.

Gaskin was in the first class, three years next signing day? Pleasant likely never plays RB - too slow, or is a non-factor. McGrew is 5'5 and I'm hearing he may be a slot. I like Ahmed a lot as a RB (what the fuck do I know tho) but the fags that follow recruiting say he ends up at DB. He hasn't committed yet and historically players that visit another school just before they announce usually pick the other school. Peterman makes a big deal recruits need to take an official visit and bring their parents before committing. Ahmed, apparently, never took an official visit. Weddington: is listed as a two-way athlete. (Hi J) is he a RB? Is he a DB?
    Knees get torn. Legs get broken. If Gaskin gets hurt on Saturday, who steps in? Dotson? Coleman? Can UW win the confrence if that happens? How about next year when Qualls, Jones, Victor, and Baker leave? Will that defense be good enough to win with the lack of quality depth at RB?
    Are you sick of the "they're young, they need more time" excuse yet?

A lot of ?'s and a big area of concern IMO. UW is not exactly brimming with all-confrence level OL or quality OL commits in the pipeline to open holes for slow prodding backs either. They're having a hard enough time opening holes for Gaskin against JV DL.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Baseman said:

The "-" is for the current trend and quality of RB recruit committed.

Gaskin was in the first class, three years next signing day? Pleasant likely never plays RB - too slow, or is a non-factor. McGrew is 5'5 and I'm hearing he may be a slot. I like Ahmed a lot as a RB (what the fuck do I know tho) but the fags that follow recruiting say he ends up at DB. He hasn't committed yet and historically players that visit another school just before they announce usually pick the other school. Peterman makes a big deal recruits need to take an official visit and bring their parents before committing. Ahmed, apparently, never took an official visit. Weddington: is listed as a two-way athlete. (Hi J) is he a RB? Is he a DB?
    Knees get torn. Legs get broken. If Gaskin gets hurt on Saturday, who steps in? Dotson? Coleman? Can UW win the confrence if that happens? How about next year when Qualls, Jones, Victor, and Baker leave? Will that defense be good enough to win with the lack of quality depth at RB?
    Are you sick of the "they're young, they need more time" excuse yet?

A lot of ?'s and a big area of concern IMO. UW is not exactly brimming with all-confrence level OL or quality OL commits in the pipeline to open holes for slow prodding backs either. They're having a hard enough time opening holes for Gaskin against JV DL.

Lots of hypotheticals in your argument of why pulling in three (possibly four) 4* RBs in 3 years = shitty recruiting
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Is anyone surprised Babushka can't recruit?

Has he put QB's in the NFL?

Have his offenses been good?

Is he a charismatic guy?

He's a fucking geek who from all appearances has no social skills and has a shitty coaching track record.

You also just described 81% of the people on this bored
    81% at least have some internet charisma.
    Only in your mind