Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Excuse me, SEC? Get in the Back Seat, the Pac-12 has Shotgun!

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302 Swaye's Wigwam
edited October 2013 in Tug Tavern

imageExcuse me, SEC? Get in the Back Seat, the Pac-12 has Shotgun!

The man who loves to hate the SEC has penned an article on the topic. When it comes to football, does the SEC really pale in comparison to the Pac-12? Read on to find out.

Read the full story here

Comments

• I admire your passion but you might want to go back and look up some of your "facts" again.

LSU was undefeated in 2011 so they rightfully went to the national title game. Alabama went as there was no real other option. It was them or Ok State who lost to a bad Iowa State team.

You bring up Penn State was screwed due to "east coast bias" despite them being on the east coast.

I kind of stopped reading after that. If you are going to make your point you have to make sure your facts are in order or people will discredit your point.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    I have no issue with content of the article, I just have a problem with it being on the front page.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited October 2013
    SEC defenses are definitely overrated this year, but their offenses are much better than usual.

I do think the gap between the SEC and Pac is as small as it's been in the past 7 years, but I still think the SEC is the better conference.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    That wall of text nearly blinded me.

tl, dr.
  • PhilBleenorPhilBleenor Member Posts: 54
    That makes me sound short winded and interesting. My God that was bad
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,791
    A 68 team playoff would quell the debate.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,859 Founders Club

First of all, I didn't know Hardcore Husky employed an editor. Either that, or PuppySteel had the help of a ghost writer. Props to CFettersNachoLover for pressuring the Vanilla Lawyers to let PLSS on the front page. This could be a huge moment in the history of this website.

FREE PUB!!!

Also, PL_SS was tl; dr

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,350 Founders Club
    Journalistic standards are really dropping at HH.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,791
    Swaye said:

Journalistic standards are really dropping at HH.

Pup never claimed to be a journalist.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2013
    I'd volunteer to edit that mess, but part of PL_SS' charm is his grammatical deficiencies.

This line also made me break out in laughter:

So I wrote this article a few days before Saturday, but nothing has changed. LSU and Georgia gave up a combined 900 yards on defense. Alabama moved from the 56th worst defense to number 27. So the SEC is on the rise...that's sarcasm.

Keep on keepin' on.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,350 Founders Club
    Holee Fuuuck....I take back everything I said! Clearly Bob Stoops reads HH, and agrees completely with one of PLSS's main points! Will wonders never cease!

http://tracking.si.com/2013/10/03/oklahoma-coach-bob-stoops-talks-about-sec-defenses/?sct=hp_t2_a8&eref=sihp
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Swaye said:

Holee Fuuuck....I take back everything I said! Clearly Bob Stoops reads HH, and agrees completely with one of PLSS's main points! Will wonders never cease!

http://tracking.si.com/2013/10/03/oklahoma-coach-bob-stoops-talks-about-sec-defenses/?sct=hp_t2_a8&eref=sihp

A&M's crap defense had no problem shutting him down in the Cotton Bowl.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Swaye said:

A&M's crap defense had no problem shutting him down in the Cotton Bowl.
    Yep, ftg.

The SEC is simultaneously overrated AND still the best conference in the land.

Stoops needs to learn about abundance.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    You are delusional if you believe that 99% of fans think that anyone who believes the SEC is strongest in college football must be delusional. It's obvious that your delusions are a product of media pulp and talking heads and not how well each conference or section of the country plays football compared to all others.

I got through only a portion of your post before reminding myself that rating or comparing football programs and conferences based on performances against common opposition on the actual gridiron is strictly for minds crippled by statistics. I can say this as a fan whose alma mater belongs to a division of the Pac-12 which already in 2013 has beaten-up on smalltime Idaho State while an ancient rival lost to Eastern Washington. Impossible to truly guage the power of a football conference with such scoreboard results.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited October 2013
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,083 Swaye's Wigwam
    Good effort, good job
  • MohunMohun Member Posts: 32
    Big 12 should have been capitalized. I didn't read past that.