Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Moving back to Seattle: what neighborhood to live in?

13»

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club

You sound like you'd fit in with all the other arriviste douchbags in LQA or Bellevue. Just stay out of #myWedgwood.

What the fuck does arrivste mean
    Don't worry, you sound too poor to be one.
    I laffed.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,567 Founders Club
    koopdog said:

My favorite place I've ever lived except for Afghanistan and Iraq and Ft. Polk, Ft. Irwin, Ft. Hood, Ft. Gillem, Ft. Sam Houston, Ft. Hunter-Liggett, Junction City, was Magnolia. The Army actually put me on TCS orders for a year and a half (which means I got my Basic allowance for housing, salary, plus an additional 129/day....there's those missing trillions) to live there while I decommissioned Ft. Lawton. I could get to anywhere in Seattle proper in minutes. And it was quiet, amazing, and full of really wealthy beautiful MILFs who liked my uniform.

Also, lots of nice dogs, kittens, and playful wistful clouds.

You being an EE who can easily afford to send people 5 seasons of GoT should be able to afford it.

Magnolia is solid. I knew a lot of kids who lived there in the 80s and 90s and I went to day camp in Discovery Park 30 years ago (cool story bro). If I had a family and I had to move back to that area, that neighborhood would be high on my list. It's nice, safe, and there aren't as many pretentious fags as QA.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Gorst*

* capitol hill (the Panorama is recently remodeled and has 1,2 and 3 bedroom units available. Outstanding views, pool, party room, etc). Tons of apartments in SLU, Eastlake, Queen Anne, Fremont and U dist. Stay away from magnolia unless you have a wife and 2.5 kids. Stay away from Green Lake. I don't want your faggoty ass here.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,969 Standard Supporter
    Welcome back! The Roosevelt area isn't too bad. I lived there and commuted to the job I had in the downtown area back in the day. (Granted this was back in 2009, so I have no idea if the commute has significantly changed.)
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    Since you're coming from SF, I suggest checking out these classifieds.image
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

koopdog said:

My favorite place I've ever lived except for Afghanistan and Iraq and Ft. Polk, Ft. Irwin, Ft. Hood, Ft. Gillem, Ft. Sam Houston, Ft. Hunter-Liggett, Junction City, was Magnolia. The Army actually put me on TCS orders for a year and a half (which means I got my Basic allowance for housing, salary, plus an additional 129/day....there's those missing trillions) to live there while I decommissioned Ft. Lawton. I could get to anywhere in Seattle proper in minutes. And it was quiet, amazing, and full of really wealthy beautiful MILFs who liked my uniform.

Also, lots of nice dogs, kittens, and playful wistful clouds.

You being an EE who can easily afford to send people 5 seasons of GoT should be able to afford it.

Magnolia is solid. I knew a lot of kids who lived there in the 80s and 90s and I went to day camp in Discovery Park 30 years ago (cool story bro). If I had a family and I had to move back to that area, that neighborhood would be high on my list. It's nice, safe, and there aren't as many pretentious fags as QA.
    I grew up in Magnolia in the 90's, I fucking loved it. But it's a piece of shit town now. Overrun by hipsters and shit, I fucking hate it and I hope it burns to the ground.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Rainier Beach

#MyVikings
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Garfield. 23rd and Cherry.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    edited September 2016

23rd and Cherry. Union.

• doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    doogie said:

23rd and Cherry. Union.

Did I fucking stutter?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,019 Founders Club

Rainier Beach

Warm white sand and scenic views of the mountain. What could be better!