Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why is Furd only favored by 7 at home??

2»

Comments

• RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Is anyone laying the 38.5 with Oregon?
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,333
    edited October 2013

Is anyone laying the 38.5 with Oregon?

I might bet that for a first half spread.

If DAT hadn't hurt his ankle Saturday that road spread would have been in the mid 40's!!! FUCK
  • Your_MomYour_Mom Member Posts: 393
    Gladstone said:

What does Vegas know that we don't? Fuck it, if we win it'll be the best $200 I ever lost.

What if we lose by 6?
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Your_Mom said:

Gladstone said:

What does Vegas know that we don't? Fuck it, if we win it'll be the best $200 I ever lost.

What if we lose by 6?
    some_text
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,490
    I love that picture of chip. He is over his head.
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,735 Swaye's Wigwam

I thought last years spread was the best bet ever. It was only like 6 points. It was so obvious that I was too scared to bet it. Good thing

I am right with you RB. My friend and I came very close to making the drive to Vegas and laying down a large (to us) sum of money on that game. I've never bet against my own team before and my gut had a bad feeling about the bet and I backed out. My friend was pissed... until he watched the game.

• I love that picture of chip. He is over his head.

This forum isn't for you.........
  • greenearplugsgreenearplugs Member Posts: 16

Unless you've set lines in Vegas, you have no right to criticize the lines!

Not true at all. I know the stock market is efficient enough that most people can't beat it. Same with the vegas sports books. Its such an efficient market that until proven otherwise, I'm pretty sure you ain't making any money long term. If you had a positive expected value on sports betting you'd be on a yacht somewhere and not working at a desk job arguing with me.

What was the line last week between Stanford and WSU?

A sample size of one means absolutely nothing. A single bet has to be over or under the spread, so one score doesn't mean anything. over the long run you wont beat the spread.
    Gladstone said:

Vegas in aggregate knows a lot more than you or me. If there are any inefficieinces there are Phd in stats who will move in and make the line accurate in a short amount of time.

For the record, i'm with most of you on sark being shitty until proven otherwise. Vegas had us going 7-5 before the season started, and yet had us favored in the first 4 games. So the "script" is going right as planned so far. I'm still betting on a 7 or 8 win season at most (and anything short of 10 wins deserves and immediate termination for sark), but gotta call out the "i'm smarter than vegas" crowds on both sides...at doogman and here

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,863 Founders Club

Within 3 years he will be very successful. What is happening to him now in the short term might be the best thing for him in terms of his development as a NFL coach.
  • Your_MomYour_Mom Member Posts: 393

Unless you've set lines in Vegas, you have no right to criticize the lines!

Not true at all. I know the stock market is efficient enough that most people can't beat it. Same with the vegas sports books. Its such an efficient market that until proven otherwise, I'm pretty sure you ain't making any money long term. If you had a positive expected value on sports betting you'd be on a yacht somewhere and not working at a desk job arguing with me.

What was the line last week between Stanford and WSU?

A sample size of one means absolutely nothing. A single bet has to be over or under the spread, so one score doesn't mean anything. over the long run you wont beat the spread.
    Gladstone said:

Vegas in aggregate knows a lot more than you or me. If there are any inefficieinces there are Phd in stats who will move in and make the line accurate in a short amount of time.

For the record, i'm with most of you on sark being shitty until proven otherwise. Vegas had us going 7-5 before the season started, and yet had us favored in the first 4 games. So the "script" is going right as planned so far. I'm still betting on a 7 or 8 win season at most (and anything short of 10 wins deserves and immediate termination for sark), but gotta call out the "i'm smarter than vegas" crowds on both sides...at doogman and here

Efficient market theorem superiority guy.
  • I love that picture of chip. He is over his head.

Within 3 years he will be very successful. What is happening to him now in the short term might be the best thing for him in terms of his development as a NFL coach.
    Reminds me of Carroll's first year in Seattle where the Seahawks were the second team ever to lose nine games by 15+ points.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

Reminds me of Carroll's first year in Seattle where the Seahawks were the second team ever to lose nine games by 15+ points.
    You have no idea the imploded damage Mora did

• dnc said:

UW dodged a bullet there.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    dnc said:

2017 should be special, though. You need at least 7 draft classes before you can reasonably judge a coach and GM.