Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why is Furd only favored by 7 at home??

And who is putting money on that? That seems like easy fucking money.

Yah Yah I know the odds are set to get money on both sides... but really? Furd is only getting 7 at home?

Hey, do bookmakers hang out at the 7-11 on Aurora that you guys are always talking about?

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,157 Founders Club
    I thought last years spread was the best bet ever. It was only like 6 points. It was so obvious that I was too scared to bet it. Good thing
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Last year that line sort of made sense, nunes first road start, us at home this one doesn't
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,380 Founders Club
    Maybe the mob knows that Shaw does hookers and blow on the Bay Bridge and they are all set to release the evidence and stuff.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

I thought last years spread was the best bet ever. It was only like 6 points. It was so obvious that I was too scared to bet it. Good thing

UW was at home last year.

This is Free Money Saturday.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,971 Swaye's Wigwam
    Lead pipe cinch of the week. Give the points.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I never bet on games unless I am in Vegas, but picking Stanford seems like easy money.
  • Stanford has no fans so therefore not a lot of people bet on them.

You always get good value on Stanford. I mean they were only favored by 10 last week against the Cougs.
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,063
    I think it's going to be a low scoring game like last year.
    priapism said:

Stanford has a quarterback this year.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
    I think Jon Wilner pretty much nails it (other than the misplaced Price skepticism, of course):
    The temptation is to expect a close game. The Huskies won last year, have a series of impressive results this season and seemingly possess the offensive balance required for success against Stanford’s defense. Perhaps that’s why the Cardinal is only favored by seven points.

But the more I assess the situation, the more I wonder if UW has what it takes to stand up to the Cardinal for four quarters. First off, the 2012 game is largely irrelevant, not only because of the change in venue but also a change in personnel. Stanford’s quarterback that night was Josh Nunes, and he had a very bad game. Kevin Hogan played sparingly — at that point in the season, he wasn’t ready for full-time duty. But his nine starts, Hogan has repeated shown the ability to make the plays Stanford didn’t make against the Huskies.

I’m also a tad skeptical that the Huskies can execute well enough, long enough, to be within striking range of the Cardinal down the stretch. It’s not difficult to envision a scenario in which Keith Price and Co. move the ball effectively for two or three quarters. But does Price have the patience to avoid forcing a play in the final 15 or 20 minutes … and giving Stanford’s opportunistic defense a chance to break the game open? Will he take a sack when he should take a sack? Will he throw the ball away when he should throw the ball away?

If Washington’s offensive line holds its own and Bishop Sankey averages 4 – 4.5 yards per rush, then Price won’t have to win the game from the pocket. Arizona State, which just trampled USC’s talented defense, wasn’t up to the challenge against Stanford’s front seven in Stanford Stadium. We’ll see if the Huskies fare any better. Winning big games on the road requires far more toughness and resourcefulness than is required at home. The last seven times the Huskies have been in this situation (road game/ranked opponent), they’ve been blown out … seven times.
    Link.
    TTJ said:

The last seven times the Huskies have been in this situation (road game/ranked opponent), they’ve been blown out … seven times.

And people think USC is Sarktarded enough to steal UW's coach? Replacing Kiffin with Kiffin is a terrible idea.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club

priapism said:

Agree.

BTW, the guy in your sig, gotta be some damn good indica. It's pouring down rain, and he's draped over plastic chairs pouring popcorn down his throat looking as comfortable as someone at home in a recliner watching the game on TV with dry heat supplied by a toasty fire popping away in the fireplace. That gif is an instant classic.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

priapism said:

Agree.

BTW, the guy in your sig, gotta be some damn good indica. It's pouring down rain, and he's draped over plastic chairs pouring popcorn down his throat looking as comfortable as someone at home in a recliner watching the game on TV with dry heat supplied by a toasty fire popping away in the fireplace. That gif is an instant classic.
    Lets look at the bright side. At least he would still get served at the Coug.

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club
    TTJ said:

I think Jon Wilner pretty much nails it (other than the misplaced Price skepticism, of course):

The temptation is to expect a close game. The Huskies won last year, have a series of impressive results this season and seemingly possess the offensive balance required for success against Stanford’s defense. Perhaps that’s why the Cardinal is only favored by seven points.

But the more I assess the situation, the more I wonder if UW has what it takes to stand up to the Cardinal for four quarters. First off, the 2012 game is largely irrelevant, not only because of the change in venue but also a change in personnel. Stanford’s quarterback that night was Josh Nunes, and he had a very bad game. Kevin Hogan played sparingly — at that point in the season, he wasn’t ready for full-time duty. But his nine starts, Hogan has repeated shown the ability to make the plays Stanford didn’t make against the Huskies.

I’m also a tad skeptical that the Huskies can execute well enough, long enough, to be within striking range of the Cardinal down the stretch. It’s not difficult to envision a scenario in which Keith Price and Co. move the ball effectively for two or three quarters. But does Price have the patience to avoid forcing a play in the final 15 or 20 minutes … and giving Stanford’s opportunistic defense a chance to break the game open? Will he take a sack when he should take a sack? Will he throw the ball away when he should throw the ball away?

If Washington’s offensive line holds its own and Bishop Sankey averages 4 – 4.5 yards per rush, then Price won’t have to win the game from the pocket. Arizona State, which just trampled USC’s talented defense, wasn’t up to the challenge against Stanford’s front seven in Stanford Stadium. We’ll see if the Huskies fare any better. Winning big games on the road requires far more toughness and resourcefulness than is required at home. The last seven times the Huskies have been in this situation (road game/ranked opponent), they’ve been blown out … seven times.
    Link.

Wilner nailed it. Good re-poast/link.
  • greenearplugsgreenearplugs Member Posts: 16
    nobody here is making money off sports betting. I was hoping to avoid here the dawgman fettish of all the posters being smarter than vegas...guess not.

unless you wanna write out your stats of why 7 points is off, no one is making money here. 7 points is right

nobody here is making money off sports betting. I was hoping to avoid here the dawgman fettish of all the posters being smarter than vegas...guess not.

unless you wanna write out your stats of why 7 points is off, no one is making money here. 7 points is right

LEAVE!
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Unless you've set lines in Vegas, you have no right to criticize the lines!

• Dawgs4everDawgs4ever Member Posts: 170

What was the line last week between Stanford and WSU?
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    What does Vegas know that we don't? Fuck it, if we win it'll be the best $200 I ever lost.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,333
    Vegas explanation:

Stanford is favored at home by only 7, because the early betters on this game hate money. Don't be surprised if that numbers bumps to 10 by Friday.