Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I'm hearing you can't judge Sark on these next two weeks.....

2»

Comments

• Don James becomes a worse coach every year

Doogs who were too young to see James coach like to diminish his contributes to passively aggressively pump up whoever the loser coach is at the time.
    Most Doogs are 30 and under or at least 50.

The younger ones, especially the ones born in 1986, '87, '88 and so on have no memory of DJ. They probably remember Lambright's shitty last years and Slick Rick, but never really saw a great Husky team except for the overacheiving 2k team. They think 7-5 is normal.

The older Doogs like to bring up things like early 70s struggles, how Sixkiller did great with what he had, how Owens was mean to black players/how their was political unrest on campus and on the team in the late 60s (as if this was unique to Seattle) and the really old Doogs bring up McElheny, Heinrich, how they've had season tix since 1933, but how they hate 7 p.m. starts and that darn band nowadays, and this will be their last yr.

Hhbs and people with similar expectations grew up with winning and don't accept 7-6 every year.

and yes, I realize some of you are 50 + and under 30 so kudos
    This seems spot on to a T. You can tell the young fans by those who knock on James and accept going 7-6.

The old ass doogs will bring up how James struggled from 1985-1988.

Most of us realize Sark will never be James. James was a great coach and had established himself as a great coach in year five. From 1979-1984 was a great run that I really can't see Sark replicating.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Stanford and Oregon have been top 5 during Sarks tenure here basically. That's two given losses a year. This is Sark's payday year and he has to play undoubtedly the BEST two teams in the country back-to-back, oh then face #12 UCLA, #24 ASU, A ranked-to-be OSU...what the fuck else am I missing here?

Why all the stats on James, Lambo, The Weaz? accept the fact that Sarky has a tough road to hoe. If he doesn't finish 10-3, 11-2 he's failed. But what the hell do you dumbfucks expect, 13-0?
  • Stanford and Oregon have been top 5 during Sarks tenure here basically. That's two given losses a year. This is Sark's payday year and he has to play undoubtedly the BEST two teams in the country back-to-back, oh then face #12 UCLA, #24 ASU, A ranked-to-be OSU...what the fuck else am I missing here?

Why all the stats on James, Lambo, The Weaz? accept the fact that Sarky has a tough road to hoe. If he doesn't finish 10-3, 11-2 he's failed. But what the hell do you dumbfucks expect, 13-0?

Take your bullshit TUFF schedule argument back to Doogman.

Christ!
  • Stanford and Oregon have been top 5 during Sarks tenure here basically. That's two given losses a year. This is Sark's payday year and he has to play undoubtedly the BEST two teams in the country back-to-back, oh then face #12 UCLA, #24 ASU, A ranked-to-be OSU...what the fuck else am I missing here?

• fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212

Don James becomes a worse coach every year

Doogs who were too young to see James coach like to diminish his contributes to passively aggressively pump up whoever the loser coach is at the time.

The younger ones, especially the ones born in 1986, '87, '88 and so on have no memory of DJ. They probably remember Lambright's shitty last years and Slick Rick, but never really saw a great Husky team except for the overacheiving 2k team. They think 7-5 is normal.

The older Doogs like to bring up things like early 70s struggles, how Sixkiller did great with what he had, how Owens was mean to black players/how their was political unrest on campus and on the team in the late 60s (as if this was unique to Seattle) and the really old Doogs bring up McElheny, Heinrich, how they've had season tix since 1933, but how they hate 7 p.m. starts and that darn band nowadays, and this will be their last yr.

Hhbs and people with similar expectations grew up with winning and don't accept 7-6 every year.

and yes, I realize some of you are 50 + and under 30 so kudos
    Interestingly I had this same demographic based thought earlier today ... but it was 30 to 55... anyhow...

Rick won the Rose Bowl in year 2. DJ won it in year 3. Sark is in year 5 and at this rate he is still a good 15 years away ... these dumbfucks don't get the basic argument that you either have it or you don't.

And if you don't blindly cheer for anything purple you are evil....

... and of course if you don't attend the Renton Citrus fest you are gay... even though that is what its all about. Do you see where I'm coming from?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2013

Solid message CollegeDoog, but let's sub out Macklemore for someone not so gay ($75,000). Here are some better ones. Just call me the fuck you superiority guy.

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,670 Founders Club

Stanford and Oregon have been top 5 during Sarks tenure here basically. That's two given losses a year. This is Sark's payday year and he has to play undoubtedly the BEST two teams in the country back-to-back, oh then face #12 UCLA, #24 ASU, A ranked-to-be OSU...what the fuck else am I missing here?

to be the best you have to beat the best puppy.

If they go 3-2 vs. that slate, with no prison rapes, that shows some progress. 7-2, 10-2...that's probably top ten material ( unless there is a 9-3 Florida or South Carolina team... only half joking..)

• unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303

This is truth, as a proud Gen X, US citizen, clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrJQDnAHrRY

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

Solid message CollegeDoog, but let's sub out Macklemore for someone not so gay ($75,000). Here are some better ones. Just call me the fuck you superiority guy.

Solid B effort. Needs more Pete Carroll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqmmxOsJW1Y