Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why Tequilla should be permabanned (deserves own thread)

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Without Butch, maybe PLU would have a shot a Bellevue this year. Stranger things.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Tequilla said:

In fairness, when I made the comment, Oregon was coming off of a 7-6 (4-5 in conference) year in 2006 and ended 2007 with a 9-4 (5-4 in conference) Sun Bowl winning season.

It was not unreasonable at that point to conclude that Mike Belotti had peaked as a coach at that point (which turned out to be true as he was out after the 2008 season). What wasn't known at that point was that they would stumble into Chip Kelly who was basically an unknown at that point.

If you're taking my comments as an endorsement of Tyrone that was foolish. That being said, the '06 team was probably a bowl team if Stanback didn't get hurt and the '07 team should have also been a bowl team. When my comments were made they were coming off of a game where UW lost at home by 3 to #1 USC ...

Take all the screenshots you want now, but UW will be passing Oregon this season ... Oregon's going downhill and it could happen quickly.

At that point used three times in one paragraph.
    Juvenile and repetitive
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I think I enjoy having Tequilla around even though I hate him and consider him the dumbest poster on the board.

Take the gloves off, this, predicting 10 wins for Sark, think and care... There are hundreds of other posts nearly as bad.

I forgot about THINK and CARE.

thanks for making me THINK and CARE about Tequilla memes
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

The dude makes 6 figures and has an MBA from TCU

Go to an overpriced liberal arts college, be a career backup on the football team there, be a solid C student, barely graduate, then fall ass backwards into a fucked up career, but make 6 figures doing it then pop off.

Be a pickup bball and golf legend, then pop the fuck off
    Winner!!!
    Disagree.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Lying, dishonesty, deceit and corruption everything Hondo wants in a presidential candidate.

Sounds like you are talking about Trump.

And what Sven said.
    Sven's dead. Now I think it's time you retire your other handle, or just retire in general.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,718
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    At the end of the day at that point it is what it is
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Since some of you miserable people like to hold onto screenshots for almost 10 years, that's fine ... but you can lose some of the context

There's no way in 2007 that I was on the Tyrone train ... I thought that his ceiling was going to be 5-4 or 6-3 in the conference. It was more of a statement about where I thought Oregon was going under Belotti ... then Chip happened.

The fallacy is that the Oregon under Chip Kelly was the Oregon that was in place for the balance of the continuing streak ... that's not been the case. After the special Fiesta Bowl season of 2001, Oregon's record from 2002-2007 was 46-29 and only 28-22 in conference on the back of a 7-1 conference record in 2005. Their bowls in that period were the Seattle, Sun, none, Holiday, Vegas, and Sun.

Anybody that claims that they saw an 80-14 record and 55-8 in conference over the 2008-2014 time period with 2 appearances in the National Championship game is fooling themselves.

Just for perspective, since 2009, Washington is 50-41 overall (55% winning percentage). If you back out 2009, the record moves up to 45-34 overall (57% winning percentage). Oregon's winning percentage from 2002-2007 was 61%. To say that a UW 5-7 year dominate run is coming would be as likely as saying that was coming after Oregon's 2007 season.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Since some of you miserable people like to hold onto screenshots for almost 10 years, that's fine ... but you can lose some of the context

There's no way in 2007 that I was on the Tyrone train ... I thought that his ceiling was going to be 5-4 or 6-3 in the conference. It was more of a statement about where I thought Oregon was going under Belotti ... then Chip happened.

The fallacy is that the Oregon under Chip Kelly was the Oregon that was in place for the balance of the continuing streak ... that's not been the case. After the special Fiesta Bowl season of 2001, Oregon's record from 2002-2007 was 46-29 and only 28-22 in conference on the back of a 7-1 conference record in 2005. Their bowls in that period were the Seattle, Sun, none, Holiday, Vegas, and Sun.

Anybody that claims that they saw an 80-14 record and 55-8 in conference over the 2008-2014 time period with 2 appearances in the National Championship game is fooling themselves.

Just for perspective, since 2009, Washington is 50-41 overall (55% winning percentage). If you back out 2009, the record moves up to 45-34 overall (57% winning percentage). Oregon's winning percentage from 2002-2007 was 61%. To say that a UW 5-7 year dominate run is coming would be as likely as saying that was coming after Oregon's 2007 season.

Adjust our winning percentage for FCS and D3 caliber programs Mr. MBA

Christ
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

Losers count the scrimmages.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

Losers count the scrimmages.
    Sven's dead. Now I think it's time you retire your other handle, or just retire in general.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

From 2008-2014, I saw Oregon go 80-14. It was no mirage when they went 55-8 in conference. Even Grandpa Sankey watched their two appearances in the NC game.

I'm hearing Auburndoog now concedes UW didn't dominate the Pac-North during the same period.

Other than that and your love of Tyrone, I'd say you were and are spot on.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

From 2008-2014, I saw Oregon go 80-14. It was no mirage when they went 55-8 in conference. Even Grandpa Sankey watched their two appearances in the NC game.

I'm hearing Auburndoog now concedes UW didn't dominate the Pac-North during the same period.

Other than that and your love of Tyrone, I'd say you were and are spot on.
    1) I was never a fan of Tyrone ... I can't say that enough ... as I said, I thought that at best he'd get the program in a position where the leap could take place with the next coach. I'd seen enough of him at Stanford and Notre Dame to see that he wasn't an elite coach.

2) I'm not downplaying Oregon's 2008-2014 run ... what I'm saying is that if after the 2007 season, or even during the early portions of the 2008 season, if I would have told you that over the next 7 years Oregon would win 80 games and play for 2 National Championships, you would have said that I was crazy.

3) If you want to draw any parallels to those comments and this year's UW, it would be that all of this talk about how UW can't do this and that because the program has been losers for the last 15 years is BS. Things that were happening in 2004 have no impact on this team IMO ... the Freshman on this team were 5-6 years old then. All that matters is what they do on the field this year. I'll at least buy some of the stuff that happened last year as reason to pull the "I'll wait until they prove it." But anything that was tied to this team before these players/staff were part of it is absolute BS.