Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Obama ILLEGALLY paid $400 million ransom to Iran and Lied about it...

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

PurpleJ said:

Peterman said:

PurpleJ said:

Peterman said:

How does this effect your life in any way?

It AFFECTS the greater good of the world and also has an EFFECT on Uncle Sam's books. HTH.
    Please... 400 mil is a a drop in da bucket
    It's the principle of it. But you're right. I'm sure it's for a good cause!
    Iran will fund ISIS to kill our troops. To Obamao that's a good cause.
    Are you really worried about a $400 million army when we spend $700 billion?

Be afraid. Very afraid.
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Are you just now shocked that every action of Obama is illegal?

Oh yeah, and golf.

Being a shitty prez isn't illegal....paying a $400 million cash ransom to a state sponsor of terrorism is.

Speed limit IQ...
    So I'm assuming you were calling for Reagan's head during the Iran contra hearings?
    Reagan actually did give goods for hostages. That hasn't been proven yet in this case.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,076
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Oh yeah, and golf.

Being a shitty prez isn't illegal....paying a $400 million cash ransom to a state sponsor of terrorism is.

Speed limit IQ...
    So I'm assuming you were calling for Reagan's head during the Iran contra hearings?
    I was trolling for squish, slicking my hair like Gordon Gekko and knocking back copious amounts of Bartles and Jaymes during Iran contra.

• Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Oh yeah, and golf.

Speed limit IQ...
    I was trolling for squish, slicking my hair like Gordon Gekko and knocking back copious amounts of Bartles and Jaymes during Iran contra.

So you were a teenager? Or a faggy adult.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,076
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Oh yeah, and golf.

Speed limit IQ...

So you were a teenager? Or a faggy adult.
    Mostly I was doing your mom post-undergrad years.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    OZONE said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Oh yeah, and golf.

Speed limit IQ...
    Reagan actually did give goods for hostages. That hasn't been proven yet in this case.
    The Reagan admin never paid a ransom or gave Iran anything...they sold weapons (at a large premium), and a bunch of people got in trouble for it.

Now waiting for your concern on this...
  • Options

OZONE said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Oh yeah, and golf.

Speed limit IQ...
    The Reagan admin never paid a ransom or gave Iran anything...they sold weapons (at a large premium), and a bunch of people got in trouble for it.

The Iran–Contra affair (Persian: ماجراي ایران-کنترا‎‎, Spanish: caso Irán-Contra), also referred to as Irangate,[1] Contragate[2] or the Iran–Contra scandal, was a political scandal in the United States that occurred during the second term of the Reagan Administration. Senior administration officials secretly facilitated the sale of arms to Iran, which was the subject of an arms embargo.[3] They hoped thereby to secure the release of several U.S. hostages and to fund the Contras in Nicaragua. Under the Boland Amendment, further funding of the Contras by the government had been prohibited by Congress.

The scandal began as an operation to free the seven American hostages being held in Lebanon by Hezbollah, a paramilitary group with Iranian ties connected to the Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution. It was planned that Israel would ship weapons to Iran, and then the United States would resupply Israel and receive the Israeli payment. The Iranian recipients promised to do everything in their power to achieve the release of the U.S. hostages.[4][5] Large modifications to the plan were devised by Lieutenant Colonel Oliver North of the National Security Council in late 1985, in which a portion of the proceeds from the weapon sales was diverted to fund anti-Sandinista and anti-communist rebels, or Contras, in Nicaragua.[4]

While President Ronald Reagan was a supporter of the Contra cause,[6] the evidence is disputed as to whether he authorized the diversion of the money raised by the Iranian arms sales to the Contras.[4][5][7] Handwritten notes taken by Defense Secretary Caspar Weinberger on December 7, 1985, indicate that Reagan was aware of potential hostage transfers with Iran, as well as the sale of Hawk and TOW missiles to "moderate elements" within that country.[8] Weinberger wrote that Reagan said "he could answer to charges of illegality but couldn't answer to the charge that 'big strong President Reagan passed up a chance to free the hostages'".[8] After the weapon sales were revealed in November 1986, Reagan appeared on national television and stated that the weapons transfers had indeed occurred, but that the United States did not trade arms for hostages.[9] The investigation was impeded when large volumes of documents relating to the scandal were destroyed or withheld from investigators by Reagan administration officials.[10] On March 4, 1987, Reagan returned to the airwaves in a nationally televised address, taking full responsibility for any actions that he was unaware of, and admitting that "what began as a strategic opening to Iran deteriorated, in its implementation, into trading arms for hostages".[11]

Several investigations ensued, including those by the U.S. Congress and the three-person, Reagan-appointed Tower Commission. Neither found any evidence that President Reagan himself knew of the extent of the multiple programs.[4][5][7] Ultimately the sale of weapons to Iran was not deemed a criminal offense but charges were brought against five individuals for their support of the Contras. Those charges, however, were later dropped because the administration refused to declassify certain documents. The indicted conspirators faced various lesser charges instead. In the end, fourteen administration officials were indicted, including then-Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger. Eleven convictions resulted, some of which were vacated on appeal.[12] The rest of those indicted or convicted were all pardoned in the final days of the presidency of George H. W. Bush, who had been vice-president at the time of the affair.[13]
  • Options

OZONE said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Oh yeah, and golf.

Speed limit IQ...

They gave Iran goods Iran wanted, to get hostages freed in Lebanon. Learn your history.

As to this year's deal... http://www.vox.com/2016/8/4/12370848/ransom-iran-400-million
  • Options
    Wow...HondoFS copies wiki which said he's wrong, and OZONEfs cites a VOX article that is proven false from a Washington Post article back in 2009.

But hey...how are you both not FS...
  • Options
    edited August 2016

OZONE cites a VOX article that is proven false from a Washington Post article back in 2009.

The Washington Post piece was an opinion, not an article (learn the difference), and it didn't prove anything.

If that is the best response you have, it just shows how fucktarded your entire argument is.
  • Options

Wow...HondoFS copies wiki which said he's wrong, and OZONEfs cites a VOX article that is proven false from a Washington Post article back in 2009.

Did you actually read the wiki?
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

I did, and it says you're wrong about what I've pointed out you being wrong about in numerous posts.

And the funny part is you are too dumb to understand.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    Can't we all live together in harmony, like India's Muslims & Hindus??
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

2001400ex said:

I did, and it says you're wrong about what I've pointed out you being wrong about in numerous posts.

Honest question...when did you turn into such a little cunt?

Did some bad shit happen to you since the HHBv1.0 days?

Or did you wake up one morning and decide to be Hondo's foil?

TIA
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Here's what I said:

Reagan traded arms for hostages. Destroyed a bunch of related paperwork, then disavowed all knowledge of it.

This is from the wiki right above:

The investigation was impeded when large volumes of documents relating to the scandal were destroyed or withheld from investigators by Reagan administration officials.[10] On March 4, 1987, Reagan returned to the airwaves in a nationally televised address, taking full responsibility for any actions that he was unaware of, and admitting that "what began as a strategic opening to Iran deteriorated, in its implementation, into trading arms for hostages".

Come again about IQ levels? You can't even read and you clearly didn't comprehend what I was stating.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    OZONE said:

OZONE cites a VOX article that is proven false from a Washington Post article back in 2009.

The Washington Post piece was an opinion, not an article (learn the difference), and it didn't prove anything.

If that is the best response you have, it just shows how fucktarded your entire argument is.
    An "opinion" piece written by the lawyer who appeared in front of the tribunal to represent the State Dept vs a liberal rag like VOX. I wonder who to believe...
  • Options

OZONE said:

An "opinion" piece written by the lawyer who appeared in front of the tribunal to represent the State Dept vs a liberal rag like VOX. I wonder who to believe...
    Curious why you didn't respond to my post.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Honest question...when did you turn into such a little cunt?

Did some bad shit happen to you since the HHBv1.0 days?

Or did you wake up one morning and decide to be Hondo's foil?

TIA
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

OZONE said:

Curious why you didn't respond to my post.
    What's to respond to? You are still fucking clueless to what I'm saying after 3 threads on the matter, and quoting wikis that don't address it just reinforces that point.

But keep typing away...I'm happy for you that your making minimum wage from Hillary's campaign to carry water for Obama, even when it's to pay a secret cash ransom to a state sponsor of terrorism and then lie and lie about it.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,269
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

PurpleJ said:

Peterman said:

PurpleJ said:

Peterman said:

How does this effect your life in any way?

It AFFECTS the greater good of the world and also has an EFFECT on Uncle Sam's books. HTH.
    Please... 400 mil is a a drop in da bucket
    It's the principle of it. But you're right. I'm sure it's for a good cause!
    Iran will fund ISIS to kill our troops. To Obamao that's a good cause.
    Are you really worried about a $400 million army when we spend $700 billion?

Be afraid. Very afraid.
    Yes since they're waging genocide against Christians and others. Do Black Lives Matter?