Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    1) As a DB prospect, the track record if Jimmy Lake closing on guys he wants is pretty good

2) We're not guaranteed to have his last visit because the USC visit has yet to be solidified

3) Of the 3 visits that he's scheduled, he'll be attending 2 UW games out of that group (USC vs Stanford, UW at Oregon, UW vs Oregon St)

4) He's a legacy Oregon recruit so I'm sure that there's pressure for him to stay home and continue the legacy not to mention that he's the most important in-state recruit remaining for the Ducks

5) The fact that he's taking visits tells me that he may not be as sold on the direction of the Oregon program (not surprising) ... it very well could be wide open (or not) ... either way it will be interesting (or not)
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2016
    Tequilla said:

1) As a DB prospect, the track record if Jimmy Lake closing on guys he wants is pretty good

2) We're not guaranteed to have his last visit because the USC visit has yet to be solidified

3) Of the 3 visits that he's scheduled, he'll be attending 2 UW games out of that group (USC vs Stanford, UW at Oregon, UW vs Oregon St)

4) He's a legacy Oregon recruit so I'm sure that there's pressure for him to stay home and continue the legacy not to mention that he's the most important in-state recruit remaining for the Ducks

5) The fact that he's taking visits tells me that he may not be as sold on the direction of the Oregon program (not surprising) ... it very well could be wide open (or not) ... either way it will be interesting (or not)

He's not only a legacy recruit....his position coach is his father and his head coach is Chris Miller....Elijah is also a RB and his position coach there is Dino Philyaw
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

He's going to Stanford you stupid fucks.

The rest of this nonsense is to save face and give the impression that he gave it some thought. I really don't see why he needs to save face in the first place. He's stupid if he doesn't pick Stanford.
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

He's going to Stanford you stupid fucks.

They all are
    It's hard!
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Based on the TBS reports, yesterday's non-consensual anal plungering at Autzen all but killed Oregon's chances with him (he was on an OV there). It'll come down to Stanford or UW.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    We don't need another cornerback do we? I feel like we have 5 or 6 elite ones waiting for Jones/King to graduate or go to the NFL.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    The joke is if they're good enough, they'll all go to the League.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    edited November 2016
    Would this mean no Pola-Mao?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Would this mean no Pola-Mao?

Unknown ... so much of everything right now is tied into an unknown on what kind of numbers we're going to be looking at.

There's a couple of things that need to play out on Palo Mao:

1) Are we recruiting him as a DB or LB

2) Figuring out what numbers we're going to have based on who is going pro or not

My general take on the situation (which comes from talking with TBS "experts" DDY and Pepsi) is that as long as any of our primary targets aren't giving verbals elsewhere, I would read it as we're their #1 choice but we can't with 100% certainty take the verbal at this point.
  • Options
    HuskiesADWHuskiesADW Member Posts: 141
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    Looks like a good sign that he will commit to us. How many spots do we have left anyway?

We have enough spots to get at least 2 OL recruits right? Damn sucks that Sark could not develop players as if we had 25 spots I think we are pulling a legit top 10 recruiting class this year. I think there is a few very good recruits that we will not have room for...
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    The how many spots shit needs to die. Sign whoever needs to be signed.

When has a p5 team had over 85 scholarship players?