Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to Nacho Lover, Wagon Burner, and Desert Fowl

2»

Comments

• H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    Swaye said:

20 years of some great shit and too much really fucking stupid shit.

The "thank you for your service" is typically the same as offering T's and P's to someone online. It means shit other than someone trying to make themselves feel good.

Fuck that shit. You see a kid in uniform at an airport, but him a fucking drink or pay for his meal if you want to say thanks for your service. Otherwise, get out of his way and let him try to find a piece of ass.

Fucking this. I recall one time I was flying ComAIR to go and meet the squadron that was already deployed to the Persian Gulf. Some dude (stayed nameless) gave up his first class seat to me from BWI to London. That was thanking me for my service. Fuck words. Anyone who really gives a shit about service members should buy them a drink, go visit a VA hospital, etc. Not use empty words so they can feel better about themselves. I hate people. But I like the dude who gave me a first class seat. I go so drunk on that flight. FREE BOOZE!
    While you were lit in 1st class, did he steal your luggage, girl, and land?
  • HHBruhHHBruh Member Posts: 501
    Makes me feel awkward, tons of Marines before me have done eight and out. Sure I was there, but nothin happened during my hitch, unless you care to remember the Iran contra affair.

I didn't do anything special, kept my nose clean and just enjoyed the scenery. The dry, desolate, hot, sandy brown scenery.

RIP President Reagan
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam
    No one ever thanks me for being in Delta Force
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

Swaye said:

20 years of some great shit and too much really fucking stupid shit.

The "thank you for your service" is typically the same as offering T's and P's to someone online. It means shit other than someone trying to make themselves feel good.

Fuck that shit. You see a kid in uniform at an airport, but him a fucking drink or pay for his meal if you want to say thanks for your service. Otherwise, get out of his way and let him try to find a piece of ass.

Fucking this. I recall one time I was flying ComAIR to go and meet the squadron that was already deployed to the Persian Gulf. Some dude (stayed nameless) gave up his first class seat to me from BWI to London. That was thanking me for my service. Fuck words. Anyone who really gives a shit about service members should buy them a drink, go visit a VA hospital, etc. Not use empty words so they can feel better about themselves. I hate people. But I like the dude who gave me a first class seat. I go so drunk on that flight. FREE BOOZE!
    @Swaye that was me. I'm glad you enjoyed the flight. Flying coach wasn't that bad. I sat next to a fat fucker who brought his own nachos and kept blathering on and on about some soccer fantasy trip to watch Aston Villa. Said he was an insider for UW football.

Oh and thank you for your service!
    I laffed
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam

I did six years of army watercraft as a reservist. 02-03 in the gulf moving track vehicles between Qatar and Kuwait. At the end of it they said we were not moving enough equipment and brought in a navy civilian vessel that did as much as we? did during a year in about two trips. Still had fun getting drunk in Bahrain to refuel. It was very discouraging.

a real murican HERO
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,099 Swaye's Wigwam
    TheGlove said:

I never thank military types for their service in public. Seems awkward and false.

I have no idea if they are good at their job or worthless pieces of shit. And they are getting paid as you guys note above. It's not like they are volunteers.

I did spend some time at my HS reunion with a recently retired Marine. While I didn't "thank him for his service," I did ask him about his time served and various deployments. He was a WSO in a F18. Pretty bad ass in my book and I'm sure that just showing interest and talking meant more to him than a thanks.

Cool story brah.

With that I'd like to thank all you feegs for your service just because it bugs you.

Agree. YBFE. Thank you Sir.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

I did six years of army watercraft as a reservist. 02-03 in the gulf moving track vehicles between Qatar and Kuwait. At the end of it they said we were not moving enough equipment and brought in a navy civilian vessel that did as much as we? did during a year in about two trips. Still had fun getting drunk in Bahrain to refuel. It was very discouraging.

Thank you for your service and die in a fiery mudslide.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,020 Founders Club
    edited August 2016
    AZDuck said:

I'm still a company grade officer on the verge of saying "fuck it." The army is all SHARP briefings and intensive faggotry these days. Units at Fort Lewis are prohibiting soldiers from wearing their combat patches so the nondeplyable homos don't cry into their Battle Bean Coffee. I hated Bush but deploying was good for the Army focusing on mission and not fucktarded O-6 OER bullets.

TY4YS, NFO
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

#TYFYS