Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to Nacho Lover, Wagon Burner, and Desert Fowl

SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,099 Swaye's Wigwam

Comments

• DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    koopdog said:

Gotta admit. Everytime someone says that to me for reelz, I am really uncomfortable. For one, I didn't have it as tough as the vets before me. We all have our own experience, but fuck, I wasn't in Europe for 4 years, or freezing on the Chosin Reservoir. For two, I got paid a lot of money (once Bush became president, fuck off) to do what I did. As a Senior Field Grade my take home was more than most of anyone I know.... And I didn't get taxed when I was in theater. And, I liked it a lot for most of my career. It was really cool. So getting thanked seems a little doogish. The taxpayers paid my salary, m college degree, and my graduate degree. People are being nice, I get that, but.... @Swaye @AZDuck @CFetters_Nacho_Lover you got me on this?

I was in the Clinton years. We didn't get paid shit! Even worse, we never had enough to train properly.
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,099 Swaye's Wigwam
    DeepSeaZ said:

koopdog said:

Gotta admit. Everytime someone says that to me for reelz, I am really uncomfortable. For one, I didn't have it as tough as the vets before me. We all have our own experience, but fuck, I wasn't in Europe for 4 years, or freezing on the Chosin Reservoir. For two, I got paid a lot of money (once Bush became president, fuck off) to do what I did. As a Senior Field Grade my take home was more than most of anyone I know.... And I didn't get taxed when I was in theater. And, I liked it a lot for most of my career. It was really cool. So getting thanked seems a little doogish. The taxpayers paid my salary, m college degree, and my graduate degree. People are being nice, I get that, but.... @Swaye @AZDuck @CFetters_Nacho_Lover you got me on this?

I was in the Clinton years. We didn't get paid shit! Even worse, we never had enough to train properly.
    Agree, brother. i got out in 99 because of that shit. Totally agree. "do more with less" is what we heard. They did away with Right Arm Night (taking your NCO to the O Club) reinstituted the fraternization policy. Didn't support Mogadishu with armor or Bradleys (fuck me. seriously?) Went to work for corporate America for 3 years. Was mobilized in 03 and my salary had shot up 20K, and we had cool shit and a professional Army again. I get it.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    I'm still a company grade officer on the verge of saying "fuck it." The army is all SHARP briefings and intensive faggotry these days. Units at Fort Lewis are prohibiting soldiers from wearing their combat patches so the nondeplyable homos don't cry into their Battle Bean Coffee. I hated Bush but deploying was good for the Army focusing on mission and not fucktarded O-6 OER bullets.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter
    AZDuck said:

I'm still a company grade officer on the verge of saying "fuck it." The army is all SHARP briefings and intensive faggotry these days. Units at Fort Lewis are prohibiting soldiers from wearing their combat patches so the nondeplyable homos don't cry into their Battle Bean Coffee. I hated Bush but deploying was good for the Army focusing on mission and not fucktarded O-6 OER bullets.

• DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    Thank you Fetterman, Swaie, and ADuck for your service. Also thank you Koope for your service.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,946 Founders Club
    koopdog said:

PurpleJ said:

Thanks for being a waste of taxpayer money.

I didn't know you had to pay taxes selling meth, Fircrest.

I keep Tac Town safe from ISIS without asking for money or credit. I'm the REAL hero.
  • H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    Swaye said:

koopdog said:

Right there with you. I'll keep my particular military experiences to myself, but yeah, I didn't have it anything nearly as rough as going knee deep in the rice before rolling into Khe Sanh and getting blasted for days on end. I always tell people "I saw the war from 20,000 feet." Sure, the ship sucked for months on end, but beat sitting at some field outpost waiting for a towel head to RPG your ass and eating MRE's.
    Can't believe I missed this....

Shut up and push @Swaye.