Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cougs are BACK

Comments

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Rumors surfacing from "witnesses" saying 10 players were involved, multiple videos exist, and most of the players were D-lineman.

All Heisman talk and 'sleeper' claims have been put on hold.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You want to punish guys for throwing fists at a backyard party, be my guest. There looks to have been plenty on all sides.

My issue stems from the media trying to paint this as boarderline attempted murder.

"Witnesses said several men knocked Rodriguez to the ground and repeatedly kicked him in the face. The student said. “I came to on the ground with police and EMTs over me.”

That's a lie, but its the one the media is running with.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

You want to punish guys for throwing fists at a backyard party, be my guest. There looks to have been plenty on all sides.

My issue stems from the media trying to paint this as boarderline attempted murder.

"Witnesses said several men knocked Rodriguez to the ground and repeatedly kicked him in the face. The student said. “I came to on the ground with police and EMTs over me.”

You were there?
  • Options
    Rush chairman gonna be a frustrating job in that frat trying to fill dozens of sudden vacancies... Unless they embrace the "frat that killed football" marketing pitch

• Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    You're a liar and you weren't there. $5,000 fine and up to 364 days in prison, read it for yourself. It's absolutely relevant when 21 year old hosts create an environment with underage drinkers that got out of control. You can't have a picture without taking into account the setting. A lot of culpability here to go around...... The hosts and the owners of the home are liable for what happens on their property. If they didn't hold the illegal kegger for what you say was 100 students, this event wouldn't have happened. For every action there is a reaction..... It's absolutely relevant. I'm curious why the media isn't asking 'why adults were holding a kegger with underage kids?' At this point these are the facts of the case..... Until we find out the players side of the story, we have to ask why the party was even held and who was responsible for the delinquency of minors?
  • Options
    You're trying to make a legal case.

If you can't see this is an opportunity to punish football in the public sphere, I can't help you.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

You were there?
    Whoa.
    So you are saying the only people doing any fighting were football players ?
    Funny the video only shows one obvious football player and most of the rest of the video looks like normal students fighting each other. This all may never be sorted out in the drunk haze, but clearly something else is going on here besides the simple explanation of football players pounding on people. There are too many other normal sized people fighting other normal sized people.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,808
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

You were there?
    Whoa.
    Funny the video only shows one obvious football player and most of the rest of the video looks like normal students fighting each other. This all may never be sorted out in the drunk haze, but clearly something else is going on here besides the simple explanation of football players pounding on people. There are too many other normal sized people fighting other normal sized people.
    Featherweight --> Lightweight --> Normal size --> Heavyweight. It is known.
  • Options

You were there?
    Whoa.
    All I said was, "You were there?" I have no comment on what happened because I wasn't. You said they're lying about getting kicked in the head which leads me to believe you must have been there.

• Options

You were there?
    Whoa.
    For those who don't believe it's relevant to the case,......just because we all participated in parties when we were young, doesn't make it right to hold a rager that turns ugly. These adults are liable for their actions.... They are liable for anyone that gets hurt in their house. In this case, fortunately just them. If an adult hands someone a loaded gun and they shoot someone, is the gun owner liable? Again, if they didn't hold this out of hand, illegal, alcohol fueled party, the incident wouldn't have happened. You can't let the adults off the hook, just as you can't let anyone who took swings off the hook. The injured adult, created the environment for his injury and is culpable for his actions as much as the guy who took the swing. The PD and investigators should do their job and not let anyone off the hook.....That's all I'm saying. The prosecutors/investigators will have a tough time prosecuting anyone if the supposed 'victims' we're performing an illegal act punishable by up to 364 days in jail and a $5,000 fine. I just can't see the prosecutors winning this case. If someone other than the adult hosts were injured, maybe then.
  • Options
    now that cooler heads are at hand, I wonder if there are enough conflicting statements and inconclusive videos where this all goes away
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

You were there?
    Whoa.
    All I said was, "You were there?" I have no comment on what happened because I wasn't. You said they're lying about getting kicked in the head which leads me to believe you must have been there.

If you think you know what happened better than me and the 100+ other students who were actually AT the damn party and witnessed everything, enjoy living in your fairyland.
    I was in the car to take the kid who had a concussion to the hospital, he was bleeding bad. One player punched him in the side of the head while he was arguing with another telling him to leave. The one with the broken jaw was worse off. The pictures in the news were all taken post surgery, his jaw was mostly seperated and his face was covered in blood before they worked on it. He jumped in to protect the guy with the concussion who was already down on the ground.
    Go watch the videos (since they've actually been released now) and stop defending the scumbags who sucker punched a party host in the side of the head when they had easily 200 lbs on him, and ganged up on another and broke his jaw.
    Everything in the Spokesman article is true, I can't speak for the rest because I haven't seen all of the reports. No alcohol was provided at the party btw, Pullman summers aren't what they used to be. I'm sure you'll have the names you want soon enough, but it's not like the players were hard to recognize at the party.
  • Options

You were there?
    Whoa.

If you think you know what happened better than me and the 100+ other students who were actually AT the damn party and witnessed everything, enjoy living in your fairyland.
    I was in the car to take the kid who had a concussion to the hospital, he was bleeding bad. One player punched him in the side of the head while he was arguing with another telling him to leave. The one with the broken jaw was worse off. The pictures in the news were all taken post surgery, his jaw was mostly seperated and his face was covered in blood before they worked on it. He jumped in to protect the guy with the concussion who was already down on the ground.
    Go watch the videos (since they've actually been released now) and stop defending the scumbags who sucker punched a party host in the side of the head when they had easily 200 lbs on him, and ganged up on another and broke his jaw.
    Everything in the Spokesman article is true, I can't speak for the rest because I haven't seen all of the reports. No alcohol was provided at the party btw, Pullman summers aren't what they used to be. I'm sure you'll have the names you want soon enough, but it's not like the players were hard to recognize at the party.
    You do realize I haven't said anything one way or the other or defended anyone, correct?

Preemptive, OK!
  • Options
    PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Are those

You were there?
    Whoa.

You do realize I haven't said anything one way or the other or defended anyone, correct?

Preemptive, OK!
    I believe he is just dropping quotes from coogfarm, could be wrong though
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sources said:

You were there?
    Whoa.
    Featherweight --> Lightweight --> Normal size --> Heavyweight. It is known.
    Flyweight--> Bantamweight--> Featherweight--> Lightweight-->Welterweight--> Normal personweight--> Light Heavyweight--> Heavyweight
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

You were there?
    Whoa.

Preemptive, OK!
    Sorry Coke, I was just relaying some of the better Cougfan quotes. Some which have since been deleted from the thread. Check this for some LOL's
    http://www.scout.com/college/washington-state/forums/1995-football-forum/14846472-heard-on-spokane-news-hope-its-nothing/ms/184882748
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

You were there?
    Whoa.

Preemptive, OK!
    Sorry Coke, I was just relaying some of the better Cougfan quotes. Some which have since been deleted from the thread. Check this for some LOL's
    http://www.scout.com/college/washington-state/forums/1995-football-forum/14846472-heard-on-spokane-news-hope-its-nothing/ms/184882748
    So then the answer is:
    No, I wasn't there, but I know of some totally cool and trustworthy dudes on an internet message board that say they were there....so yeah, practically.
  • Options

You were there?
    Whoa.

Preemptive, OK!
    So then the answer is:
    No, I wasn't there, but I know of some totally cool and trustworthy dudes on an internet message board that say they were there....so yeah, practically.
    Literally everything he's typed was a post from coogfarm.