Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cougs are BACK

Comments

• Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment

You want to punish guys for throwing fists at a backyard party, be my guest. There looks to have been plenty on all sides.

My issue stems from the media trying to paint this as boarderline attempted murder.

"Witnesses said several men knocked Rodriguez to the ground and repeatedly kicked him in the face. The student said. “I came to on the ground with police and EMTs over me.”

That's a lie, but its the one the media is running with.

You were there?
    Whoa.
    So you are saying the only people doing any fighting were football players ?
    Funny the video only shows one obvious football player and most of the rest of the video looks like normal students fighting each other. This all may never be sorted out in the drunk haze, but clearly something else is going on here besides the simple explanation of football players pounding on people. There are too many other normal sized people fighting other normal sized people.
    All I said was, "You were there?" I have no comment on what happened because I wasn't. You said they're lying about getting kicked in the head which leads me to believe you must have been there.

If you think you know what happened better than me and the 100+ other students who were actually AT the damn party and witnessed everything, enjoy living in your fairyland.
    I was in the car to take the kid who had a concussion to the hospital, he was bleeding bad. One player punched him in the side of the head while he was arguing with another telling him to leave. The one with the broken jaw was worse off. The pictures in the news were all taken post surgery, his jaw was mostly seperated and his face was covered in blood before they worked on it. He jumped in to protect the guy with the concussion who was already down on the ground.
    Go watch the videos (since they've actually been released now) and stop defending the scumbags who sucker punched a party host in the side of the head when they had easily 200 lbs on him, and ganged up on another and broke his jaw.
    Everything in the Spokesman article is true, I can't speak for the rest because I haven't seen all of the reports. No alcohol was provided at the party btw, Pullman summers aren't what they used to be. I'm sure you'll have the names you want soon enough, but it's not like the players were hard to recognize at the party.
    Raping cougfan content are we?
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    DeepSeaZ said:

You want to punish guys for throwing fists at a backyard party, be my guest. There looks to have been plenty on all sides.

My issue stems from the media trying to paint this as boarderline attempted murder.

"Witnesses said several men knocked Rodriguez to the ground and repeatedly kicked him in the face. The student said. “I came to on the ground with police and EMTs over me.”

You were there?
    Whoa.
    Funny the video only shows one obvious football player and most of the rest of the video looks like normal students fighting each other. This all may never be sorted out in the drunk haze, but clearly something else is going on here besides the simple explanation of football players pounding on people. There are too many other normal sized people fighting other normal sized people.
    All I said was, "You were there?" I have no comment on what happened because I wasn't. You said they're lying about getting kicked in the head which leads me to believe you must have been there.

If you think you know what happened better than me and the 100+ other students who were actually AT the damn party and witnessed everything, enjoy living in your fairyland.
    I was in the car to take the kid who had a concussion to the hospital, he was bleeding bad. One player punched him in the side of the head while he was arguing with another telling him to leave. The one with the broken jaw was worse off. The pictures in the news were all taken post surgery, his jaw was mostly seperated and his face was covered in blood before they worked on it. He jumped in to protect the guy with the concussion who was already down on the ground.
    Go watch the videos (since they've actually been released now) and stop defending the scumbags who sucker punched a party host in the side of the head when they had easily 200 lbs on him, and ganged up on another and broke his jaw.
    Everything in the Spokesman article is true, I can't speak for the rest because I haven't seen all of the reports. No alcohol was provided at the party btw, Pullman summers aren't what they used to be. I'm sure you'll have the names you want soon enough, but it's not like the players were hard to recognize at the party.
    Raping cougfan content are we?
    Looks like I'm late to the game on this one
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I always welcomed the football team. Brought them to the front of the line, had a dedicated chick or two bringing them fresh beer, flirting, etc...

NEVER once had an issue with the football team.

#customerservice

PS throwing parties nearly every weekend is how I paid for school, so fuckoff
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,025
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

did you at least get to stop at taco bell on the way there?
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

You were there?
    Whoa.

You do realize I haven't said anything one way or the other or defended anyone, correct?

Preemptive, OK!
    Sorry Coke, I was just relaying some of the better Cougfan quotes. Some which have since been deleted from the thread. Check this for some LOL's
    http://www.scout.com/college/washington-state/forums/1995-football-forum/14846472-heard-on-spokane-news-hope-its-nothing/ms/184882748
    So then the answer is:
    No, I wasn't there, but I know of some totally cool and trustworthy dudes on an internet message board that say they were there....so yeah, practically.
    Alcohol not being provided at the party =/= outside alocohol not getting brought into the party by guests. The police are releasing the number of suspects and affiliation with the football team already, 5-12 players involved. They aren't investigating the party hosts because witnesses didn't point them that way for a reason. But you've obviously already made up your mind, enjoy your witchhunt towards victims of assault.
    If anybody has legitimate questions for someone who was actually there, feel free to PM me.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,000
    Swaye's Wigwam
    H_D said:

Alexis said:

Jeezus, football players always crashed our parties when I was at UW, and 81% of the time, there were fights. Lambright's kid and a guy in our house had a great match one time. And no one gave a damn. We kicked them out, they disagreed, we'd take exception to their disagreement. Punches were thrown. Noses were broken, teeth were knocked out. And as long as no one spilled too much beer, the party would continue on 10 minutes later.

I weep for this generation. Pussies.

#80stough

Does that make you a bad person?

Hi Kim!
    I knew I could count on somebody to catch that.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,808
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sources said:

You were there?
    Whoa.
    Featherweight --> Lightweight --> Normal size --> Heavyweight. It is known.
    Flyweight--> Bantamweight--> Featherweight--> Lightweight-->Welterweight--> Normal personweight--> Light Heavyweight--> Heavyweight
    Weight class superiority guy.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited July 2016
    Breaking: Pullman police chief is tuff on crime

“We’ve been working closely with the football team and they’ve been good,” Tennant said. “The Leach administration traditionally has been decent to work with. They’re good. There’s just a lot of people involved.
    “It’s not just players, but students and normal people as well. We’re talking to a lot of witnesses and people right now. Anytime there’s an event like this, there’s a black eye. We’re dealing with young adults and they make mistakes. Hopefully they learn from them.”

http://www.scout.com/college/washington-state/story/1689827-wsu-football-latest-alleged-assault
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheGlove said:

You were there?
    Whoa.

You do realize I haven't said anything one way or the other or defended anyone, correct?

Preemptive, OK!
    Sorry Coke, I was just relaying some of the better Cougfan quotes. Some which have since been deleted from the thread. Check this for some LOL's
    http://www.scout.com/college/washington-state/forums/1995-football-forum/14846472-heard-on-spokane-news-hope-its-nothing/ms/184882748
    Your access to this site's forums is revoked
    On a side note, I had a flashback to the Wulff era while looking at the uniforms. There was a lot of talk about how big (or small) one WSU team was compared to the others. Near as I can tell, this is three uniforms on three identical mannequins. However, just because of illusion created by color in that picture....the "guy" in the middle looks smaller than the other two. When you look at where the helmets line up, the heights are virtually identical. So, the next time you see two teams on the field and one looks a lot bigger or smaller than the other....it just might be the uniforms as much as anything else.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2016
    At least they left the pillows upstairs, allegedly.

A GoFundMe campaign to pay Rodriguez’s medical bills raised nearly $2,000 of an $8,000 goal as of Sunday.

Ah Millenials, Talk shit get split, start a gofundme page.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Holmvik did work in this thread, respect.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Holmvik did work in this thread, respect.

One out of 406 posts I get lucky.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Breaking: Pullman police chief is tuff on crime

“We’ve been working closely with the football team and they’ve been good,” Tennant said. “The Leach administration traditionally has been decent to work with. They’re good. There’s just a lot of people involved.
    “It’s not just players, but students and normal people as well. We’re talking to a lot of witnesses and people right now. Anytime there’s an event like this, there’s a black eye. We’re dealing with young adults and they make mistakes. Hopefully they learn from them.”

http://www.scout.com/college/washington-state/story/1689827-wsu-football-latest-alleged-assault

Even the team lawyers suck at defense.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

At least they left the pillows upstairs, allegedly.

A GoFundMe campaign to pay Rodriguez’s medical bills raised nearly $2,000 of an $8,000 goal as of Sunday.

Ah Millenials, Talk shit get split, start a gofundme page.

I think it goes beyond Millennials, it's about a growing insular culture through social media. The internet was supposed to be about broadening ideas and communication, but the opposite seems to be occurring rapidly through social media platforms. People now ignore those whose opinions they disagree with, they de-friend people on Facebook for daring to speak their mind, they censor or downvote stories they disagree with so that they don't have to see them or because they think it's dangerous to let people read or discuss them.

In the end we're winding up with a culture of people whose only views they ever read are ones they agree with. They surround themselves with like minded individuals who do nothing but reinforce those beliefs. Rational discussion is thrown out the window, critical thinking skills decline, and people become headline only sycophants. Arguing a point beyond a single sentence becomes impossible for these sorts, and when asked for evidence to support their belief, you're met with "Are you kidding me?!"