Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Woof

2»

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

If a kid is from North Carolina and isn't staying in North Carolina, he likely sucks

CHRIST.

Duke and UNC both recruit nationally/internationally.

Are you seriously suggesting that Wake Forest and NC State are big draws in the landscape of college basketball? Or are you saying a mid-major program is the way to go here?

I'll take your answer off the air, Softy.
    I like to throw out NC State as a school that isn't good to try to explain why a kid going to Washington is good even though NC State as a program has accomplished things that UW would shit all over themselves to achieve ... that's what I like to do.
    UW football natty is almost a decade YOUNGER than the NC State natty.

I look forward to your 10k word post espousing the greatness of Army football.
    NC State won natty's in 1974 and 1983 ...

If they can get a legit coach there, they will be plenty good again
    UW won natty's never.

If they can get a legit coach there, they will be plenty good.

Leave the iron laws to aubs.
    Reaching ... reaching badly
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

If a kid is from North Carolina and isn't staying in North Carolina, he likely sucks

CHRIST.

Are you seriously suggesting that Wake Forest and NC State are big draws in the landscape of college basketball? Or are you saying a mid-major program is the way to go here?

I like to throw out NC State as a school that isn't good to try to explain why a kid going to Washington is good even though NC State as a program has accomplished things that UW would shit all over themselves to achieve ... that's what I like to do.

Oh good, double down with an even older natty AND a new qualifier.

I win.
    This is the definition of fucking stupid being fucking stupid ...

I'm not doubling down you fucktard ... I'm just correcting you on how fucktarded you are ...

Any listener of the latest edition of TSIO Podcast re: the LA schools will understand that no matter what built in recruiting advantages you have, if you don't have coaching that a) improves and b) maximizes the talent on hand, you'll never reach your full potential.

As for NC State, they've proven that they can get a) the recruits and b) develop the players if they have the right coach to get the ultimate reward. As for Washington, they've never proven that that mix exists. That's not an opinion ... that's a fact.

That's not saying that that isn't possible at Washington ... but at this point, the odds are very, very long on Romar.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,484
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

CHRIST.

I win.

I'm not doubling down you fucktard ... I'm just correcting you on how fucktarded you are ...

Any listener of the latest edition of TSIO Podcast re: the LA schools will understand that no matter what built in recruiting advantages you have, if you don't have coaching that a) improves and b) maximizes the talent on hand, you'll never reach your full potential.

As for NC State, they've proven that they can get a) the recruits and b) develop the players if they have the right coach to get the ultimate reward. As for Washington, they've never proven that that mix exists. That's not an opinion ... that's a fact.

That's not saying that that isn't possible at Washington ... but at this point, the odds are very, very long on Romar.
    Flagged for thinking we listen to your podcast.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

CHRIST.

I win.

Flagged for thinking we listen to your podcast.
    Flagged for being in denial
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

CHRIST.

I win.

Your original comment was "any kid that leaves NC sucks."

Since then, you've moved the goal posts AND invoked your faggy podcast.

You wanna keep going, or are we done here?
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

CHRIST.

I win.

Your first problem is taking anything that I say as being 100% serious 100% of the time ...

There are plenty of good players from North Carolina ... this kid may or may not be one of them.

Forget about any of your comments regarding NC State (that have been proven to be factually incorrect) because they really aren't the point of anything here.

The reality is that Romar's never proven an ability to do anything with talent and that's really all that matters.

The only thing that getting high end recruits is doing is further highlighting how terrible of a coach Romar is. It's one thing to say you can't get results because you can't get the recruits. But when you sell your soul to get the recruits and you still can't win ...
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

CHRIST.

I win.

Your first problem is taking anything that I say as being 100% serious 100% of the time ...

There are plenty of good players from North Carolina ... this kid may or may not be one of them.

Forget about any of your comments regarding NC State (that have been proven to be factually incorrect) because they really aren't the point of anything here.

The reality is that Romar's never proven an ability to do anything with talent and that's really all that matters.

The only thing that getting high end recruits is doing is further highlighting how terrible of a coach Romar is. It's one thing to say you can't get results because you can't get the recruits. But when you sell your soul to get the recruits and you still can't win ...
    STFU Aubbie
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2016
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

CHRIST.

I win.

All the last thirty years of NC State history has proven is that the state of NC can only support two great programs. As soon as Duke ascended State faded into bolivian. Duke ain't going anywhere.

UW isn't going to be great under Romar, but the path to greatness at UW is a lot more open than at NC State. If State ever hires a great coach he's gonna run out of Carolina and Duke's shadow as quickly as he can. If UW ever hires a great coach there's at least a chance they keep him.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

CHRIST.

I win.

All the last thirty years of NC State history has proven is that the state of NC can only support two great programs. As soon as Duke ascended State faded into bolivian. Duke ain't going anywhere.

UW isn't going to be great under Romar, but the path to greatness at UW is a lot more open than at NC State. If State ever hires a great coach he's gonna run out of Carolina and Duke's shadow as quickly as he can. If UW ever hires a great coach there's at least a chance they keep him.
    The Duke/NC State comparison isn't at all apples to oranges ... not to mention that Duke went to a Final Four in 1978 in between NC State's National Championships. That doesn't even go to the point that Duke at this point really is a national program in how they recruit (they've laid the blueprint for how Stanford is doing for football).

@FreeChavez is absolutely right though that the point and focus is on the fact that Romar won't do anything with this anyway. We already know that.

It's amusing to me that one small joke of a comment sent @dnc and @ThomasFremont down a rat hole. It's like they've been drinking the same soda that Chest has recently.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

CHRIST.

I win.

The Duke/NC State comparison isn't at all apples to oranges ... not to mention that Duke went to a Final Four in 1978 in between NC State's National Championships. That doesn't even go to the point that Duke at this point really is a national program in how they recruit (they've laid the blueprint for how Stanford is doing for football).

@FreeChavez is absolutely right though that the point and focus is on the fact that Romar won't do anything with this anyway. We already know that.

It's amusing to me that one small joke of a comment sent @dnc and @ThomasFremont down a rat hole. It's like they've been drinking the same soda that Chest has recently.
    Right, because going to a Final 4 once is the same as becoming a top 3 premier national program. Duke pre-K was nothing like Duke now.

And the point isn't that Duke recruits in-state kids. The point is that NC State is an after thought in their own state. If they ever hire a great coach he may have some short term success but he's going to go somewhere where he has a chance to build something better than third in his own state.

I don't argue with you about Texas HS football because I know you're way more dialed in on that. State of NC hoops is my fucking wheelhouse. Embarrass yourself at your own risk.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

CHRIST.

I win.

Jokes are funny.

HTH
  • Options
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

CHRIST.

I win.

Right, because going to a Final 4 once is the same as becoming a top 3 premier national program. Duke pre-K was nothing like Duke now.

And the point isn't that Duke recruits in-state kids. The point is that NC State is an after thought in their own state. If they ever hire a great coach he may have some short term success but he's going to go somewhere where he has a chance to build something better than third in his own state.

I don't argue with you about Texas HS football because I know you're way more dialed in on that. State of NC hoops is my fucking wheelhouse. Embarrass yourself at your own risk.
    What is your first comment even referencing?

I'm not trying to suggest that I have the pulse of North Carolina dialed in ... surely you have more of an ear to the ground.

What I'm suggesting is that programs that have shown that they CAN compete at a high level have the underlying infrastructure to be able to do it again IF they get the right pieces in place. NC State falls into that category to me.

Gottfried has gotten to 4 NCAAs in 5 years at NC State and played on the 2nd weekend 2 of those 4 years. I'm not convinced that he's an elite coach but his track record isn't that unreasonable either.

Another example in the ACC that I'd throw into the category of NC State is Virginia. Virginia's shown an ability to have some high end programs (never reaching the heights of NC State) but also waffled for much of the 30 years from the end of Sampson to Bennett (a decent period in the late 80s into the early 90s not withstanding).

The reality is that IF you get the right coach in place, and you can put the right infrastructure behind the right coach, you'll win at a high level.